Things about Oblivion that make you roll your eyes

Megatarius

We wouldn't be involved in an online modding community if there weren't things about the game that just plain don't make sense. Some of them are due to technical restrictions. But some stuff just wasn't thought out at all.

So what is it about the game that either annoys you, or makes you laugh, or both? Vent if you want, or just point out funny stuff.

Most of mine are minor, or have been solved by the hard work of modders, but occasionally there's just something about the game that doesn't seem right to me.

For instance:

I have a degree in History, my focus was Europe but I took mostly medieval classes. I don't buy for a second that all the races of Cyrodill get along so well. Maybe I'm just jaded. Maybe it's just good-will on the designers' part. Or maybe I'm unaware of previous games' storylines?

I also feel it would be more interesting if Khajitt and Argonians had their own clothing styles, since they are, after all, beast-like humanoids who would have developed separately from humans for most of their history.

And speaking of Argonians, why do they have breasts? They're clearly not mammals. Is that just a consequence of using a body mod?

That's pretty much it. Lots of little things of course, which can be ignored or modded, but most of the stuff that I have trouble overlooking are world-building details like that.

What do other people think?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the start annoys me, how believable is it that you are in a cell that can be escaped from, the emperor has visions of you, and on his death he entrusts his amulet to you. Weren't you just seconds ago in prison?

Sure, the player character MUST be innocent, and looks so trustworty too. No, the starting plot reeks of the unbelieveable, thats why (well, and its quicker too) I use the start by ariving on a ship mod

I never liked that the beast races have breasts and other parts more suited to a humanoid race. They didn't in Morrowind, and yet they do in Oblivion. And why do the so-called "beast" races suddenly no longer have digitigrade legs?

Just the start annoys me, how believable is it that you are in a cell that can be escaped from, the emperor has visions of you, and on his death he entrusts his amulet to you. Weren't you just seconds ago in prison?
It's faaaaaaaate, remember? Birthsigns in Nirn can make you invisible. :P

I think he actually mentions that he thinks you were guilty of something or other to get thrown in jail, but he doesn't care because of the aforementioned stars.

Followers that intend to help you but never fail to get in your way and die. And then you get a lovely 1000 bounty and an infamy point, and you're whisked away as soon as you hear that four letter word. "STOP!!!!!!" Your spree is at an end...muahahahahahaha" That reminds me of seeing blue and red in your mirror, or hearing that infamous "WOOOOooooooooooooo" of the single siren beep. :verymad:

yeah the way the beast races were set up was a downer. I liked how they looked in Morrowind :)

I really didn't like how they used the same voice actors for the NPCs. I just hate how every male elf has the same voice, it's so annoying lol...atleast I have Diverse Voices now...gives a little bit of a difference