Things about Oblivion that make you roll your eyes

Megatarius

my only real complaints are in marksman, why the hell didnt they make locational damage for it? i mean if you get hit in the head with a arrow at full tension from 1 foot away your pretty much dead! but thank god for modders lol. and my other issue stands with sneaking, i have found myself countless times sneaking in daylight walking right in front of someone and they didnt see me! grrr

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the middle of an intense combat right before entering the Great Gate in the Main Quest, when I accidently kill a guard who happened to run right in front of my character swinging an uber sword around. "HELP!!! MURDER!!" >_>

Yeah, I really hate that. A lot. :wallbash:

same problem with the knights of the thorn...after 2 years I just make them essential in the quest as they either fell into the lava, got killed by the daedra or ..even better. When you're in the tower, they manage to fall off 10 stories down...Yes, if you saved a couple of times and were very careful (not in getting killed by daedra, but by walking very slow.) you might be able to do without.

Same for the first quest in oblivion(realm), he falls 50% of the time.

1. Stupid stupid hex codes. Why, oh why, couldn't Bethesda have simply used the NAMES of the bloody objects, like in Morrowind?

2. Apparently my character has a combination of Parkinson's, Huntington's, epilepsy, and complete lack of depth perception, because it takes twenty minutes to put a book on a shelf the right way.

3. Ever noticed that sometimes, if you touch stuff on a shelf or a table, it moves around a bit and sometimes falls through to the floor?

4. "Look at the muscles on you!" "You have the hands of a healer." "Look at the muscles on you!" "You're a sneaky-looking sort." "You're a sneaky-looking sort." "You have the hands of a healer." "Look at the muscles on you!"... It's no wonder I end up murdering everyone I pass by.

5. "Pleasure doing--" *click* "You bought that for a--" *click* "Pleasure doing--" *click* "I wouldn't make that deal with--" *click* "That's a good--" *click* "That's a good deal!"

6. Beggars who randomly switch from "Aiiiiim an ooooooold maaaaan, Aiiiiiiim pooooooor" to "Here's what I know: I suddenly have a very deep voice and very good sentence structure instead of my normal beggarly, uneducated affect. Also, that dude that took that ring bragged about it in front of the watch captain. Idiot."

I think they probably changed the beast races so they wouldn't have to give them their own animations and meshes. I don't really mind, but a lot of people have complained.

6. Beggars who randomly switch from "Aiiiiim an ooooooold maaaaan, Aiiiiiiim pooooooor" to "Here's what I know: I suddenly have a very deep voice and very good sentence structure instead of my normal beggarly, uneducated affect. Also, that dude that took that ring bragged about it in front of the watch captain. Idiot."
I love that. Especially since quite a few of the actual Beggar dialogues are done in "normal" voices. I think they're just faking.

4. "Look at the muscles on you!" "You have the hands of a healer." "Look at the muscles on you!" "You're a sneaky-looking sort." "You're a sneaky-looking sort." "You have the hands of a healer." "Look at the muscles on you!"... It's no wonder I end up murdering everyone I pass by.

5. "Pleasure doing--" *click* "You bought that for a--" *click* "Pleasure doing--" *click* "I wouldn't make that deal with--" *click* "That's a good--" *click* "That's a good deal!"

Sorry I laughed out loud at these. :biggrin:

They are so annoying it's beyond description. Thank goodness for mods that get rid of the vendor comments. They wouldn't even get as far as "You bought" in a vanilla game...I click faster than that. :D

"Mud crabs"...I'll show you a mud crab! And yes, I have heard news about the other provinces but I'm not telling you!

Level scaling and the same voices for every person of a race. I think the NPC who makes me want to scream the most is the High Elf Mage Carahil in Anvil when asking about the quest. My left mouse button has spasms when she speaks. I talk to the NPC's as little as possible in towns.

The emptiness of the vanilla world and the generic all the same formula dungeons would be next on my list.

Other than that it's still the best game I've played since Morrowind. I can live with the small annoyances or avoid them altogether with mods.

I long ago gave up even listening to the voices. I just put the sub-titles on and turned down the voice volume.

The Elder Scrolls: Goldeneye. I like it much better.

Are there mods that actually replace every spoken line in the game with different actors? While we're at it, why not just re-write all the dialogue? That's too much to hope for right? I was so excited when I thought I was getting a game with immersive character interaction, like GTA IV. Patrick Stewart? Nice. Five minutes into it: "Oh, Patrick Stewart, I feel your pain. You went from Shakespeare to this...."

Then again, GTA IV is uncannily awesome for a video game. It's not a fair comparison. I was spoiled.

How i laughed man, its so true, when i buy stuff quickly, its just.. =D

Anyway, something that took the holy poo one day was Martin, use your damn leg you ***** run!!! My god, strawling around in a battlefield, ffs!!!! Run!!!

And when he talks about morphing in a demon as if he was talking about getting a coffee, my god!!!

I was in a fight, in front of the big gate, all the soldiers, with Martins patethic talk, all em monsters spawn forth, i used my bow (assassins guild) and start shooting em, one of the soldiers get hit in the head and dies, MY GOD!!!

Suddenly they are on me and i am like WTF????! I had to start agaiN!!! I had to wait for martin again!!! Listen to his talk again!!!