What Is the Best Way to Uninstall Any Mod?

BeastlyBeast

I am thinking about uninstalling some omds that I know add scripts and things that, if left uncared for, can cause serious problems to your game. Now, I guess my question is, when someone says deleting that mod after you intalled it will break your game, do they mean a save game or the entire game in general, like the entire game will be so screwed up that even starting a new character wouldn't work and you'll need to reinstall Skyrim? I just would like to know, because I am about to remove a few mods to decrease the amount I have and decrease the toll it takes on my comp, and I just want to make sure that all i need to do is just start a new game. Thank you!

When a mod is removed there is a potential for it to cause issues with your SAVE GAME. If you plan to start a new character, you can change your mod list as much or as little as you like without worry. The only thing to consider is how the mods you pick will play together.

It would only be the save that would get bloated with unanswered scripts, although it depends on what kind of scripts they are - make sure that the mods are not relied upon by others. Whilst there is no such thing as a 'clean save', that does not mean that the saves will be corrupted. The game itself would remain untouched. :smile:

Best thing is to consult the author of the mods on these matters.

Edited by Cait833

ok, thank you! I was worried for a bit. LOL. With people saying things like 'this omd, if unisntalled improperly, will mess up your game, i was so worried it would mean my entire game would get screwed up. :D In hindsight, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a worry though. Mods wouldn't be popular if you needed to reinstall the whole game everytime you said, 'i dont like this mod.'