Tes V will be seeing the light of day...

Halororor

Bethesda Not Ditching Elder Scrolls Series

Company sets the record straight about its future development plans.

by Jim Reilly

US, August 18, 2009 - During a QuakeCon 2009 press conference, Bethesda executive producer Todd Howard made some interesting comments about the Elder Scrolls series, saying the studio has no current plans to develop another title (via Bigdownload).

Some were misinterpreting his comments as saying the series has been shelved, possibly for good, while the studio works on its new, and still unannounced, project.

Posting on the official Bethesda blog, Pete Hines, VP of public relations, wanted to clear the air on the matter and let everyone know Elder Scrolls is still very much in the company's plans.

"Both Todd and I have said repeatedly that, of course, we're going to do another Elder Scrolls game," Hines said. "The last one was enormously popular. So was the one before that. You get the idea. So do we."

"Todd and Bethesda Game Studios are hard at work on their next big game, and we're not ready to discuss it," he added. "As always, we prefer to have something amazing to show when we talk about it. We aren't going to confirm or deny or comment on speculation, nor are we going to give hints about anything. If you know us by now, you know we don't really do that."

Feeling better now that this mess is cleaned up?

Source.

So we shall be seeing TES V eventually, just not soon, seeing as Bethesda usually takes about 4 years to develop an Elder Scrolls title. Good news nonetheless.

Ah well... We waited more than 10 years (11 if I'm not mistaken) for Doom 3, so I think waiting till 2013 or so shouldn't be too bad in comparison.

Still, I really do want to see this game before I get too old to enjoy video game still. (Busy that is) :P

i don`t think we will be waiting a long time they made alot of money on Oblivion, the next one will come out near the end of 2011 also i think it will be online only world........... well maybe i hope not, multplayer co,op would be nice :)

Bethesda Not Ditching Elder Scrolls Series

Company sets the record straight about its future development plans.

by Jim Reilly

US, August 18, 2009 - During a QuakeCon 2009 press conference, Bethesda executive producer Todd Howard made some interesting comments about the Elder Scrolls series, saying the studio has no current plans to develop another title (via Bigdownload).

Some were misinterpreting his comments as saying the series has been shelved, possibly for good, while the studio works on its new, and still unannounced, project.

Posting on the official Bethesda blog, Pete Hines, VP of public relations, wanted to clear the air on the matter and let everyone know Elder Scrolls is still very much in the company's plans.

"Both Todd and I have said repeatedly that, of course, we're going to do another Elder Scrolls game," Hines said. "The last one was enormously popular. So was the one before that. You get the idea. So do we."

"Todd and Bethesda Game Studios are hard at work on their next big game, and we're not ready to discuss it," he added. "As always, we prefer to have something amazing to show when we talk about it. We aren't going to confirm or deny or comment on speculation, nor are we going to give hints about anything. If you know us by now, you know we don't really do that."

Feeling better now that this mess is cleaned up?

Source.

So we shall be seeing TES V eventually, just not soon, seeing as Bethesda usually takes about 4 years to develop an Elder Scrolls title. Good news nonetheless.

So long as it doesn't go the way of Duke Nukem (still hurts a bit), and remains single player, with maybe limited multiplayer, and modding, all is good.

Well if we don't have modding (and that's unlikely as they introduced modding to Fallout 3 as well), but if we don't in TES V, than the wait will likely have not been worth it as the game itself would get boring eventually do the same-old same-old with no new additions.

Yeah, however. I'm not willing to wait that long for a game that can't be modded, especially for quest and storyline extensions.

also i think it will be online only world........... well maybe i hope not, multplayer co,op would be nice :)

I sincerely hope not. TES has been, and (hopefully) always will be, a single-player game.

So was KOTOR. :(

I don't see how Elder Scrolls will make for a successful MMO. KOTOR is becoming a MMo because, well, it's Star Wars. It has billions of fans around the world. Elder Scrolls does have it's fans, but they don't come close to what Star Wars has.

Anyway, an Elder Scrolls MMO would be stupid, it would be using a formula that has been used over and over and over again. Nothing much would distinguish it from games like WoW and Guild Wars.

Anyway, an Elder Scrolls MMO would be stupid, it would be using a formula that has been used over and over and over again. Nothing much would distinguish it from games like WoW and Guild Wars.

Not necessarily... The class system used in TES games would make it unique in that people wouldn't be limited to just what is defined by their class and could invest efforts in learning other things, like thieves with magic, warriors with stealth, mages with combat skills. They may be less skilled at it, but could still use it. This would already be a bit of a departure from the usual mmo which forces people into roles based on a class. But yeah, this kind of thing would likely not be brought over to a mmo just because it is different.

It wouldn't bother me personally if it were online. Provided it also had a single player option. I'll stick with depending on myself, rather than online people who's motives I don't know. They could very well betray our online "group". Plus, I prefer to roam games like Oblivion alone anyway.