POLL: Video Tutorial Formats

LHammonds

Video Tutorial Formats - What would you use?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which File Format would you use?

• WMV
    • AVI
    • MOV
    • MP4
    • MPG
    • FLV
    • YouTube
    • Other

This is my initial poll for trying to figure out what most people who visit these forums would like my training videos in.

Based on these results, I might hold another poll on which kind of Codecs I should use.

Would also be nice if you replied here and said which video player you prefer to use.

Example: Blender Video Tutorial - Convex Collision

EDIT: Ok, changed poll to multiple choice and added YouTube.

Noted Media Players:

• Windows Media Player
  • Media Player Classic (version 6.4 released in 2006)
  • Media Player Classic Home Cinema (version 1.3 recently released)
  • VLC Player

Good Information Pages

LHammonds

Ok, I modified the poll to allow multiple choices but please try and pick only the ones you would prefer the most.

Sounds like the VLC player is fairly popular so far (only player mentioned so far :) ). I may need to do some research on it.

LHammonds

Well this was certainly odd.

There was one vote when I first edited the poll by changing it to be multi-selection and added an additional option. I also added text to the main paragraph and saved / submitted the changes. IT KEPT THE VOTES.

The 2nd time I made an updated, I only updated the text in the main body and left the poll items alone and it LOST THE VOTES!!!

Fortunately, I viewed the votes just prior to making the edit and was able to hit the back button enough times to see the poll with all the votes. I copied it and re-edited the poll and manually added the vote quantities back. I don't know what was going on but the lesson was learned. ;)

LHammonds