Your most unique Oblivion experience?

Herculine

Let's see...

1. A little "incident" I like to call "The Bruma Blitz". It was the siege mission about 3/4 of the way through the main quest. I had a twinked out character (that meaning stats past 100 and such). I think I had rallied like 5 random CM's to help with the battle to make sure none of the named NPC's died. Anyway, big gates opens up, and I run inside. Without breaking stride, I break to the left, run along the edge of the lava, and up the ruined section of the bridge. I jump back onto a level portion, then back across the gap so I'm headed back the right way (I <3 the Acrobatics skill, even more so in Morrowind). So I'm booking it past all the towers which are trying to keep up with me. I'm either jumping over or quickly hacking the Dremora apart, and then I hit the two gates. Right. Like Gates are gonna be a problem for me. I skirt around the sides of them by jumping up through the rocks, bust into the citidel, and blitz past all the mobs until I get to the top and shut the gate down. Took less then 5 minutes for the whole thing.

Then I get outside and find out Baurus died >.<

2. Like 95% of that big Elsweyr mod. God I love that place. Now I jsut need to figure out where my Shadowmere went off to and I can ride in style...or maybe I can get my hands on a war elephant...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, another one, and I'm gonna hit this from a RP angle to help ya'll see how this went down =P

-------------

Liannia stood there, head bowed under her newly given red robes. Camoran, that b**tard, was preaching up a storm about going to paradise and how Dagon was a savior and all that jazz. Had she a knife on her, she would have killed him on the spot with a single, quick toss. But that jerk at the door had taken everything from her. That didn't mean she was defenceless by any stretch of the imagination however. She had, on many occasions, ripped Daedra hearts out with her bare hands, so a human (or elf, as the case was) chest wouldn't be all that hard to rip open either. But she had to stay in disguise. Otherwise she'd never get her hands on that blasted book.

After the flashy light show that Mankar put on, Liannia swore under her breath. He took the amulet! He took the bloody amulet!! She was too distracted with ehr rage that she didn't hear Ruma call her up onto the stage to be "sworn in".

"Hmm? Oh, sorry," said Liannia as she made her way to the stage.

"Well, you want to join the Mythic Dawn, correct? Well, after making it this far, we require only one thing more. Kill him." Ruma gestured to the Argonian tied up, laying on an altar at the feet of a Dagon statue.

Now, Liannia was a good elf. She didn't feel the need to kill the innocent man on the alter there, but she had to keep the charade up a little bit longer. Reaching for the dagger that lay next to the Mysterium Xarxes, the Chocolate Elf eyed it, then the sacrafice, then to Ruma.

"You know..." she said slowly as she looked back at the sacrifice, "I don't think so." Whipping around to her left, Liannia slashed Ruma's throat from ear to ear, bent her over, and rammed the dagger into the woman's back before grabbing the now dead lady's staff and bringing it to bear on the now shocked crowd of Mythic Dawn agents. Without a single word, without a single hint of mercy, she activated Ruma's staff and blew the congregation into a shower of flaming bits of flesh. Caught in the blast was the man from the door. Laying next to the stage was a slightly smoldering bag the size of a motercycle.

"Ok," said Liannia as she stripped off the robes and got her armor back on, "Let's finish cleaning out this little hell hole." Grabbing her Negotiator sword and the book, she freed the prisoner and proceeded to exterminate the Mythic Dawn members taht still remained.

@Herculine. The vanilla AI allows NPCs to pet deer? WOW I never even saw this happen...

But to my experience well on my latest char I skillgrinded my sneak up to master at the beginning (it was really easy) and then I got the Dark Illumination spell from Darkness Unleashed, and I was practically undetectable (but it wasn't like cheating it was still very challenging to hide from guards), and from here I'd have to say my most unique experiences were twofold. First: I was on my way to the Lady's Bank of Cyrodiil, before I realized that I was a criminal... so well I can't exactly just walk in there... but with some effort I managed to actually stealthily kill all of them... stabbing them in their beds and cutting off their heads...till the last two chased me out and got stuck... so then I heisted all the billions and billions of gold from the vault... (by using my dragon to carry it) then proceeded into the library and took all the hentai. From there I went to the portal into the balcony above the room with the Chancellor in it, and assassinated him with my Springfield, jumped down, took his modded armor, assassinated him again when he got up... he kinda ended up permanently bleeding from his neck.

Second: I was stealing the papers from the Imperial tower in that Thieves' Guild mission... I ended up cutting so many heads off... but then they saw me and I had to take my bow out and use some special powers... I ended up killing seven more in that one room... then a few more came in to investigate the bodies... and while they were looking at the bodies I managed to stealthily cut their heads off... after that, Hieronymous himself was right in front of me, standing with his friggin arm in my face, so I waited till he left, backstabbed some more guards... oh yeah then I got those umm... papers... mission accomplished.

One of my ost awesome Oblivion experiences, was standing on dive rock fo the very fist time. 'd just found out about the cheat " tmm 1" and was checking out a lot of locations (I'm way to lazy to run to there by mysekf ;]). WOW. I could see the Imperial city!

Another one was just the first time playing. I bought it in 2007, and it was one of th fist games I'd ever bought. I was used to playing onlin dress-up games (I'm a girl don'tcha dare call me gay) and warcraft 3, that kind of sucky games. Then you play Oblivion, and you can do what you want to do. No forced missions, you can pick the kin of fighting style you want, and the game looked very good.

There is one last expercience: the first time I finally finished a mod and played it. I'm still a sucky modder, but that mod I'd been working on for 3 months, and it was the first time I played it. Yeah, that felt good, one of my mods worked! (I coukdn't get NPC dialogue or quet dialogu to work though, and where the esp's go I never will know, I can't find them.)

Probably the most bizzare glitch I've ever experienced was when I tried to mount my horse, only instead my character bended forward as if trying to touch her toes, and then kept bending until she had rotated her torso around her pelvis 360 degrees. :blink:

As for pure awesome moment, I recall meeting a bandit on that big bridge without rails south-west of Imperial City. I lure him out to the middle of the bridge, we have a duel, and my final blow sends him flying off the bridge and into the waters below.

I actually have two:

1. When I first met Emperor Uriel Septim where he opened up with the phrase: "You... I've seen you... Let me see your face... You are the one from my dreams."

2. Enterting the Shivering Isles AND exploring the Shivering Isles!

haha has to be when I was fighting the Grand Champion in the Arena :) He was pretty tough (unleveled ftw). I was about to die and swung my sword and chopped his head off...hehe I love Deadly Reflex.

haha has to be when I was fighting the Grand Champion in the Arena :) He was pretty tough (unleveled ftw). I was about to die and swung my sword and chopped his head off...hehe I love Deadly Reflex.

Can't believe I forgot that one! You just reminded me of the time I went on a mass-rampage in Oblivion (again... I know...) and was playing with deadly reflex... Ran up and fought three different guards at one time, and I, with deadly reflex, cut off all three of their heads in a row... :devil: Wow, I'm surprised that I even forgot that one...

Ah, but darn... the recent system mess-up requires me to go looking for deadly reflex again,as it was lost... When I can be bothered to go looking for it again, that is... :wallbash:

• 2 months later...