Oblivion issue

Trenloe

Well i when i woke up today and sat down infront of my PC with a cup of coffee i clicked on oblivion and screen went black for 5-10 seconds and then oblivion quits itself, it might've have something with that i tryed to install shiv isles but the file was broken:/. now i've tryed all day with reinstalling shiv isles (dont work), deleting the things i think is shiv isles data and used some utilities to check inside data that cant be opened without further help. but to no help so im realy not looking forward to reinstalling oblivion if i cant get my level 36 character with me so can anyone tell me where and which file(s) that i need to put where and do what with which file(s).

Your's sincerely

Trenloe 0.Kildal

If you already upgraded Oblivion to the latest patch, there may be a problem installing Shivering Isles.

First, if you have the D2D version, it will not work unless you get the upgrade and patch from D2D. If you have a pirated version, sorry about your luck, they can have all kinds of problems. You may have to do a full reinstall.

Here is a Link to Bbens Complete Uninstall/Reinstall procedure:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibr.../1446421/1/#new

My reinstall allows you to save all of your saved games and all of your mods. You have the choice of adding them back in or starting over.

Be sure to make a copy of your data folder before adding any mods.

I recommend re downloading and reinstalling any utility programs such as OBMM, OBSE, Wrye Bash and any others so you will have the latest versions.

Realy?!? Wow! you're my savior here^^ although... the only "mod" i've ever got to work is that... oblivion patch:( i've try'd about everything when it comes to the mods but i just cant figure out why they dont work though...

Umm... If its not to much of a pain and such for you.. Could i get some guidance whenever i've reinstalled the game and saves? It would be realy great since i have no challenge at all in oblivion anymore and i've looked on "tesnexus" and theres so much great there that i want to

use, look, change and more. But as i said i cant figure out where to put what and where to do this and that^^

Yours sincerely

Trenloe 0.Kildal

Realy?!? Wow! you're my savior here^^ although... the only "mod" i've ever got to work is that... oblivion patch:( i've try'd about everything when it comes to the mods but i just cant figure out why they dont work though...

Umm... If its not to much of a pain and such for you.. Could i get some guidance whenever i've reinstalled the game and saves? It would be realy great since i have no challenge at all in oblivion anymore and i've looked on "tesnexus" and theres so much great there that i want to

use, look, change and more. But as i said i cant figure out where to put what and where to do this and that^^

Yours sincerely

Trenloe 0.Kildal

Remember: DO NOT INSTALL THE NORMAL OBLIVION PATCH if you are going to install SI. Grab the Patch for it and it's just all you need. Notice it is even smaller than the Oblivion's one, it's because SI itself already patches a bunch of things in the game.

I have a set of help files for people who are not computer geeks and are new to mods. They include downloading, extracting (unzipping) installing and activating mods. I have included a simple mod to practice on and instructions for installing and using 7-zip. If you are interested, click on the highlighted link below to be taken to the site where they are kept. I recommend starting with #1 and working your way through them.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibrary/forum/256092/

If you use them I would appreciate some feedback as to what needs improvement and what works for you.

Well... Thanks^^ now i can play Oblivion(hopefully) tonight;P and umm... maybe i even learn where to put these and those files(meshes,voice-over's and textures) ^^ im gonna play some Farcry 2 and then i'll get right on it;) once again

Thanks.

Yours sincerely

Trenloe 0. Kildal