ArmA 2

antonkr

Well first of all ArmA 2 is a army simulation game. You can go on foot or drive a Humvee a tank a heli or even a plane. The game is VERY realistic whenever you are a soldier a pilot or a driver. Graphics are pretty good, even know its not crysis the graphics are awesome. In a regular shooting game (Call of Duty for example) you have a 100 health and each attack gets some damage, well in this game lets say a bullet hit you in the leg, then the only thing you could have do is crawl. The vehicle simulation is of course isn't super realistic but still very cool. It has a lot of cool features, like your sidekick is hurt, you carry him to a safe place and give him the first aid. There is alot of weapons and vehicles in the game for you to choose. The game is made to get you in the body of soldier and show how they feel in the combat. The 1st person is pretty amazing, i would say. There is almost no annoying HUDs, which are replaced by a real compass, watch and map that you have to click a button to see. You can do lead the squad of alot of people. Well pretty much there is NOTHING in the game that real soldiers can't.

I've played Arma II on the PC and I really didn't like it. Graphics were pretty poor (even on my mates PC which can run Crysis & F3 on High) and the gameplay was just annoying. But, saying that, the whole concept of it was good. I'm just not a fan of 'uber-realistic' army games.

I've actually had my eye on that game for a long time. I've heard all kinds of comments, and still don't really know what to think. I want to try a demo though, and I think I'll base my decision on that. I love military shooters, and I'm not afraid of realism, but some games take it too far.

Well one thing to warn you. The campaign is not just Do that, Kill him. In many missions you have to decided what to do. It is pretty hard. Missions can be from 30 min to 3 hours of play. Its more like a strategy game I would say. You have to look around ask people about it. The game is pretty hard.