Glorious Imperial Tamriel

Maharg67

Fardezok, a younger looking orc-human now, strode into Danita's personal dining chamber where she had invited him. He wore only a thick housrobe and seemed a little self conscious in such a garb. He sat at the dining table of fine carved heavy wood and nodded welcome to Danita and the others.

That is two Blades and the three locals who had come down from the Fort community above.

The big chamber was dotted with fine furniture, fittings and decorations but was mostly bare. Hulems were there in the form of three waitresses, beautiful human like quasiliving dolls with slightly shiny hair and skin. Two big hulking flesh-golems in magical armour and with magical weapons stood guard at the big metal double doors. A couple of big red dogs were sleeping under the table. These were Redtio guard and hunting dogs of much fame through out Tamriel.

The fort had a dozen each of hulems, flesh-golems, steel-golems, cats, skeletal like skels, horses, donkeys, songbirds and actaul humans in service. There were also three dozen goblin like gobbins who worked down in the deeper chambers tending magical giant mushrooms, vegetables, fruit groves, big fish ponds and some livestock. There were many kinds of magical mechanism but most were basic or moderate in sophistication and power. There were only a dozen very special magical mechanisms.

Danita turned to speak to Fardezok. "I have sent a magical pulse message off to Cloud Ruler Temple but no reply has come. I informed them where we are and that I have information too sensitive to send even by magical pulse, which is a relatively safe way of communicating."

Fardezok nodded. "All very fine but we need to get going to that isolated village."

She smiled. "There is a very old form of teleport gate in this place. Such teleport gates were secretly built by the Ayleid through out Cyrodiil and, in some cases, beyond. One of those is but a few kilometres from the village of Bareback Cow. The only problem is that the gate is hidden inside an old sunken castle, a castle of a Baron who was cursed for his evil ways and who sank into the ground along with his infamous fortress. The history of Cursed Deep Castle is bound up with that of Bareback Cow Village according to a tome that I found in the library here. Actually a hulem woman went and fetched the book for me."

She pointed to the big leather bound volume on the table. "The odd little village is full of mages doing often eccentric magical research such as alchemy. It was some of those who, in the past, cursed the Black Baron and sunk both him and his castle. Now the Black Baron is eternally trapped in the castle unless he repents to the Nine Divines. None can see that happening."

Then she frowned. "Another reason to go to the Cursed Deep Castle is that the Mad Emperor spent some time there as a young man exploring and searching for something. He was an Imperial Prince then and went with a small army of knights, foot-guards, mages and others. A few of his followers were killed but when the prince left he did so with a few ancient books and other prizes. One was a mystery, was hidden inside a small but heavy metal black chest with gold patterning. On the side of it were the ancient runic letters of MS, which could easily have stood for Master Spell. One of the tunnel exits from the buried castle is not far from Bareback Cow."

The big cat stretched where he sat on the table and then he spoke to the orc-human. "I am Lord Tomcatty. Pleased to meet you. I am one of Danita's personal assistants. You don't seem surprised to hear a cat talk. How disappointing. I enjoy surprising people when I first speak to them."

Fardezok shrugged. "After what I have experienced in life, a talking cat is not much to take in."

Danita looked thoughtful. "We have humans hired here to care for this place while we are here. A Steward in over all charge, a Knight Captain to guard it, an Assistant Steward, a cook, a blacksmith, a trader and various artisans. They are all linked with the community above. Their people are all free to come down here and live. Do you object?"

The orc-human shook his head. "What of the other Blades?"

Danita shook her head. "They were working for another force but they have repented. They will stay here and help protect our new home. Do you need to communicate with anybody before we set out for this sunken castle?"

The orc-human shook his head and turned to the fine display of food. Soon he was happily heaping bacon, poached eggs, toasted rolls and other goodies onto his big wooden platter. He gave a bit of his bacon to Lord Tomcatty and instantly earned a whole lots of points with the talking feline.

Daneta was ready to go. She stood on the battlements in her new armour and cape, looking out over the landscape of jungle. A convoy of refugees had reached the fort settlement and the people of the fort were passing out blankets, food, tents, healing serums and other useful items. Many folks were finding homes down in the maze of clean chambers and tunnels, filling the place with life. A large clearing across the road from the fort was becoming a settlement with buildings arising including a fine sturdy wall. Tents were up and more were rising in a big grassy area served by a row of toilets, a row of shower sheds and other facilities.

The phantom-merchant came and they used all their credit to by equipment and supplies for people on the run from this new threat of the strange silent moving monsters. With them came reports, stories of strange battles taking place in the jungle.

The orc-human strode up to her in his own armour. He grimaced. "Magical entities native to our world are combining forces to fight these impostors. Good alligned with good, bad with bad and neutral with other neutral or with others. Dryads, brownies, nymphs, pixies and others have been seen defending places of natural or wild magic against silent fake monsters. Hunters have vanished in the jungle as have others. Bandits have been seen fleeing from the area as if not caring who sees them."

He turned to her. "I will go into the sunken castle and you will go into the jungle to meet the magical entities."

Daneta almost told him off but then she nodded. "They will need help, I think. I will take the sphere with me. If he offers to go with you, take Lord Tomcatty with you. He is very special and can do far more than talk, that I am very sure of. I will go soon. The Empress is not pleased with me. She has demanded that I go to Cloud Ruler Temple at once and face heavy questioning by my peers. So the sooner I am deep in the jungle the better."

He shook his head in wonder. "The Empress will see your action as treasonable. That you are a Magelord frightens her. Magelords have always been troublesome to the Cyrodilin Empire and to those on the Imperial Thrones or so those on the thrones tend to feel. Go now. She will communicate with me and give me a good verbal thrashing by one means or another. She likes me. I have shared her bed more than once and her bath. One of her children is my child."

Daneta smiled and then she leapt straight over the side of the fort. She vanished into the jungle below and was gone.

I'm still in awe...

If you never release any of your work professionally then I must take this opportunity to thank you for sharing the fruits of your talents with us here. We are indeed fortunate!