Why does the Talon Company hunt good people?

MythicDawnAssassin

Totally lame, sure.

SPOILER:

If you play pure neutral and you are at the end of the Broken Steel questline you'll HAVE to make a choice that will either increase or decrease your karma. That spells out one guarenteed group of bounty hunters on your ass. Hey good idea for a mod? I think I will make it! I mean a choixe at the end that won't affect your karma.

They want to make an example out of the Lone Wanderer. The nail that sticks out is the one that gets the hammer. In a world of violence, corruption, and murder, where people thrive by being the biggest, baddest, and most feared, do you really want some goody two-shoes running around showing people that they can work together and help each other out and it'll all work out in the end? No. That makes their job harder. They'll send Talon Company to make an example out of you so other wastelanders get the idea about who's boss and that they should keep to themselves.

Plus, some people are just annoyed by goody two shoes types. They're the ones that attract bullies.

I agree with the above quote.

Generally, Morality isn't as Black & White as it seems. What's Good to some people is Bad to others. Especially in the case of criminals and murderers, Good deeds make their lives more difficult.

And ultimately, someone wants the Lone Wanderer dead, and Talon just accept the contract. They are the tools - someone else ordered them to kill you.

Bethesda, just like many other storywriters, made the mistake that Good and Evil are symetric to each other. If you're bad, some good guys hunt you down, and if you're good, it's the other way around, plus both hunters have the same voice. That doesn't give much new experience if you're playing an character who is on the "other side".

Maybe "reverse-justice" does exist a little, according to Nagaoka, but the consequences for being good and evil should be very different to each other.