Considering a Team

hardkopy

There doesn't seem to be much interest in this. I released the Springvale boatyard containing a single vessel that the player can sail. I got somthing like 2500 views, 267 downloads and only 8 comments. Endorsements I don't really care about but I got 1.

Maybe they aren't dynamic enough and thats where the team comes in because I can make a simple script that will move an object with the player and allow the player to retain full funtionality while moving.

Thus far, I have a Trawler, Speedboat, Ferry boat and (made from scratch) minisub that the player can pilot. All have been tested and work to my satisfaction barring that of the minisub as I need to find a way of activating it underwater. Otherwise it works great and was completely built inside nifskope using bethesda vanilla nif files.

So ok, I can do the basics, get it in game and working however, dynamics such as sound and mounted weapons are somwhat beyond me at this point and would take several more months for me to learn beyond my basic scripting knowledge.

Management is another issue as I am highly disorganised and jump from one thing to another w/o finishing the first (I've had restart several times becuase I've lost the files I've been working on LOL. So yeah, a manager is essential.

Modelling and textures, It would nice to have new models to work with although not essential, some variety to the vanilla vehicles would be an asset. Aslo I have a pilotable Ferry boat but can't release it because I would have to upload the DLC nif and thats a no no. So a ferryboat would be a good start.

Quest creators, Vendor Npc's to sell parts to the player to keep thier vehicle operational. Also a Quest per vehicle to find and repiar it.

World creators, I can make a simple map and concept but navmeshing and dynamic detailing takes time away from creating the vehicles.

Maybe a website given that the scope of this can be as small or big as you like pending interest.

If you can think of anything else, please feel free to make suggestions.

OK!@

There you have it! Driveable vehicles and Sailable boats + Sub.

Interested or not ?????

what happened to the car i sent you?

your garage idea was cool.

you could take the boatyard back down & turn it into a merchant yard?. have a car warehouse where the ships drop the cars off & then a fish market ect ect.

put some fenceing around it & make it inhabited by some dudes.

ill send you some stuff to get it off the ground no bother :thumbsup:

what happened to the car i sent you?

your garage idea was cool.

you could take the boatyard back down & turn it into a merchant yard?. have a car warehouse where the ships drop the cars off & then a fish market ect ect.

put some fenceing around it & make it inhabited by some dudes.

ill send you some stuff to get it off the ground no bother :thumbsup:

That still being done I was working on the car and had the garge built from the pics you sent, then I got sidetracked when I discovered the boat thing and the garage kindof truned into a marina LOL.

Cheers, it'll be fun to work on a bit of variety.

Personally, I didn't grab it because there's so little water in the wasteland, it seemed like something that'd get one fun test ride and then never see ingame use. It's an impressive addition to the game, but a mechanic needs rewarding challenges that can be overcome by using it.

That's just my first 'saw it, nodded in acknowledgment, browsed on by' impression - but that seems to be the behaviour the popularity of which has you puzzled, so I thought I'd share.

I'd sooner grab a car/bike, even though I find ship more interesting in general. Fallout 3 needs a post-apocalyptic sea area with some abandoned industrial harbours & shipyards, with some islands and coastal locations to travel around and pirate raiders and boat-traveling merchants, maybe a particular radiation-rejecting fish species to make fishing worthwhile by providing food and improvised low-power radaway.

But that's enough barely relevant idearrhea. My point is that there's not enough water.

Nice, I haven't been around long enough so I missed your boats and stuff but sounds like a sharp idea. I agree with the whole "no enough water" thing. For the boats to really be effective I would think there would need to be some offshore areas to explore. Maybe some oil rig like structures since I doubt a real oil rig would fit the time period. Maybe some half-sunk abadoned battle ships. I think it would be pretty sweet to see a .50 cal mounted to one of those smaller boats. Could be laser also. This all just talk though because I don't have the first clue how to do any of this. Soooo, that's my two cents, maybe one cent....

@R4za, Ranger910, skase007

Thankyou, that is exactly the kindof comments I was lokking for when I released the mod (now hidden till update) I still don't know if it works on others systems and have one very desperate person trying to get it to work with my help.

As to the water thing, I did attemp to expand the water areas in F03 but water is female dog to work with because it not simply a hieght map for water that you can adjust, it is also placeable water mesh which are at varying hieghts so big gaps are left in the land when messing with them.

I also considered going out of the map borders as there is a massive amount of map which isn't used but I think that poses a problem with npcs (not sure on this one)

The other option is to make a GTS map world of mostly water and a few Islands and I thiunk this is the best way to go and one I considering seriosly.

Once again thank you all for your comments and giving me direction on this.

Cheers