Brainwave Controlled Computer Games

species5478

That makes me wonder...think I could wear a hat with it? :rolleyes:

Even more...how would I play Guitar Hero, with my brainwaves? That would probably suck...but if it were an Oblivion based game, then I'd be able to cast spells with my mind...THAT, would be cool...

The part I've bolded made me think of a possible game dynamic.

What if the the spell strength was dependent on how hard the player concentrated on the spell?

That makes me wonder...think I could wear a hat with it? :rolleyes:

Even more...how would I play Guitar Hero, with my brainwaves? That would probably suck...but if it were an Oblivion based game, then I'd be able to cast spells with my mind...THAT, would be cool...

The part I've bolded made me think of a possible game dynamic.

What if the the spell strength was dependent on how hard the player concentrated on the spell?

I never thought of that! :ohmy: That would be cool...because then it would more like the old Final Fantasy games where a focused mind grants a higher hit ratio, or chance of hitting, or as you suggested, a stronger spell... :thumbsup: Yeah, I like that idea! Even a simple remote manipulation spell would be more fun! :happy: Focus on a item laying on the table, pick it up with your mind, and then control where it goes. If you loose focus, you drop it. :yes: I like!

I think this all would just open up the opportunity for someone to control our minds and turn us into zombies, but otherwise it all sounds really neat-o. :unsure:

that would depend on the design of the "headgear" if it's made to only receive brainwaves or to receive & transmit synthetic brainwave info, I could be wrong but IMO it should be about 30 years before we have to worry about garbage-men uploading cyber viruses to get back at non-existent ex-wives because of false memories.

If it's now starting to be a possibility of robotics being able to be controlled by the human brain, then this is quite plausible. I obviously would object to the use of technology that would allow for mind control, but if this is how gaming will go, so be it.

...I could be wrong but IMO it should be about 30 years before we have to worry about garbage-men uploading cyber viruses to get back at non-existent ex-wives because of false memories.

Cyber-brain hacking :pinch: yeah, ghost in the shell references are bound to happen in this thread.

If it's now starting to be a possibility of robotics being able to be controlled by the human brain, then this is quite plausible. I obviously would object to the use of technology that would allow for mind control, but if this is how gaming will go, so be it.

One thing I do see as a possible side benefit if this tech is brought into common life, it could bring added ability to those who are paralyzed.

I imagine a situation let's say in 2024, 15 years from now someone a soldier is wounded in battle & is paralyzed & is brought back home, I could imagine that one getting fitted for an powerchair with a cranial control device (CCD) & a robot arm.

To me the CCD should only work in one direction (from brain to chair, arm & whatever device that may be "slaved" to it like tv the computer or home).

Sorry to bring up something serious but to me this tech is invaluable to some & if bringing it to entertainment first speeds up development I say bring it on.

I debated with myself about posting this.