Fallout 3: Diary of the Dead

species5478

Hmm, yes I have to agree with Dezi, this work is deffinitely awsome, the plot is ingaging and intresting as are the caracters and I really look forward to reading more of this when it is ready. :thumbsup:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, yes I have to agree with Dezi, this work is deffinitely awsome, the plot is ingaging and intresting as are the caracters and I really look forward to reading more of this when it is ready. - Lord Tenaim

Thank you Lord Tenaim. Writing is one of my few pure pleasures in life, and I'm happy that I can share it with you. Your works are also amazing. Unlike you, I've tried, yet failed at writing poetry. I guess I have my limitations! I'm sorry for not doing so earlier, but I have given you a kudos...

Your character and plot development are definitely professional quality. You certainly have a knack for this. Have you ever thought about doing this as a career (in between rock climbs, of course)?- Herculine

Thank you Herculine. I've actually written a couple of works that I'm considering publishing. One of my manuscripts is nearly seven-hundred pages long. But I'm not satisfied with the end product yet. So I'll keep working on it.

I just found this, visiting your profile..I don't post much, I am far to misunderstood, to venture here..for I speak another language it seems, from another place in time..and don't quite fit in..yet yours drew me here, as Dezi's writing does, so that is a compliment..la

Aye a kudo..for the barring of it all..la

Very Celtic like , aye dark macabre twists, made beautiful by the Bard...

I will not say wonderful, for tis a meaningless word to me, a word, as many words, easily said, for tis not quite appropriate, for as one who reads between the lines, of creative imagination woven amidst strands of truth, find a beautiful sadness in what you have spewed forth from the depths of ones guts out of the mind's creative reality..aye!!!!

Tis Bardic, eh like in all true Bardic tales so profound that reach in an rip out your soul, to silence, for what words can accurately describe, my response..I that see beyond seeing..for with its sad beauty, therein is lined an element of truth.. cleverly hidden..

I who understand Hell as a travelling companion one might say,not welcome, but have learnt much in its playground..as have you..I dare say..

Eh what better catharsis than these games, and what better way to express, than Bardic line, or with song..Tis very Celtic..In the sense of how the Bards pen, or voice, can release, such tragic beauty..and flush it down the ethereal loo so to speak..with its release..I may be all wrong but I doubt it..If I said anything out of place, forgive, consider it my inherent lack of social knowingness..when and what to say, but what i feel, and know..la

Like eh, I will only quote the Great Bard and leave this work of soul art with these lines..la

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,

As I foretold you, were all spirits, and

Are melted into air, into thin air:

And like the baseless fabric of this vision,

The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,

The solemn temples, the great globe itself,

Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,

And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,

Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff

As dreams are made on; and our little life

Is rounded with a sleep.

(W.Shakespeare)

I just found this, visiting your profile..I don't post much, I am far to misunderstood, to venture here..for I speak another language it seems, from another place in time..and don't quite fit in..yet yours drew me here, as Dezi's writing does, so that is a compliment..la

Aye a kudo..for the barring of it all..la

Very Celtic like , aye dark macabre twists, made beautiful by the Bard...

I will not say wonderful, for tis a meaningless word to me, a word, as many words, easily said, for tis not quite appropriate, for as one who reads between the lines, of creative imagination woven amidst strands of truth, find a beautiful sadness in what you have spewed forth from the depths of ones guts out of the mind's creative reality..aye!!!!

Tis Bardic, eh like in all true Bardic tales so profound that reach in an rip out your soul, to silence, for what words can accurately describe, my response..I that see beyond seeing..for with its sad beauty, therein is lined an element of truth.. cleverly hidden..

I who understand Hell as a travelling companion one might say,not welcome, but have learnt much in its playground..as have you..I dare say..

Eh what better catharsis than these games, and what better way to express, than Bardic line, or with song..Tis very Celtic..In the sense of how the Bards pen, or voice, can release, such tragic beauty..and flush it down the ethereal loo so to speak..with its release..I may be all wrong but I doubt it..If I said anything out of place, forgive, consider it my inherent lack of social knowingness..when and what to say, but what i feel, and know..la

Like eh, I will only quote the Great Bard and leave this work of soul art with these lines..la

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,

As I foretold you, were all spirits, and

Are melted into air, into thin air:

And like the baseless fabric of this vision,

The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,

The solemn temples, the great globe itself,

Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,

And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,

Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff

As dreams are made on; and our little life

Is rounded with a sleep.

(W.Shakespeare)

You have such a wonderful tone of expression. Every word, and phrase has a unique eloquence that I've never read before. It is indeed, very Shakespearean. (I've read a lot of his work) Stay true because I value your remarks in their entirety. There would be no reason to post if a person only sought flattery and praise. That would betray the purpose of writing, and the meaning of its interpretation. I've never sought indulgent fantasies or the need to blanket my ego with illusions of grandeur. My work is to be loved, or hated. Admired, or loathed. I doesn't matter what it evokes, as long as it is true. Thanx for the Kudos, and for peeling away the layers.

November 25th 4:30 pm

The ferry ride back to the Wasteland seemed shorter than a month it took to get there. Probably because most of those nights were sleeplessly spent trying to get Seki out of my mind. I didn't bury her body. Had no idea what the long term effects of Bruiser puss were. I didn't want her rising from a grave as some kind of ghoul or something worst, so I burned Blackhall Manor to ground and let Seki's remains go up in smoke.

The Brotherhood Outcasts did as I suggested and buried Dean's body in the Ofie Clan plot down the road from the manor. Didn't bother transporting his Power Armor though, and after stripping it of a few parts, they left. I happily claimed my new prize that same night but needed the time spent on the ferry to learn how to manipulate the armor. Too many parts had been stripped from the helmet but the rest of the suit remained functional. Spoke to that Gypsy the morning after Seki's death too. After paying a handful of caps, she directed me to some kind of outreach station near one of Point Lookout's beaches. Found the body of some woman named Marcella there. Her notes seemed to indicate the Krivbehknih was some kind of "evil" book. Said there was an Obelisk in a building called Dunwich that could devour the book's darkness. Wasn't sure if I was going to waste my time going there. I didn't believe in evil books. Only evil people.

Now that we were back in the Wastelands, my men wanted to spend some time in Megaton. Thanksgiving was tomorrow, and the smell of roasted Mole rat loins and seasoned Brahmin steaks traveled the winds like passengers on an ancient airplane. I wasn't in the mood for festivities. Seki's father deserved to know what happened to her. Needed to find the old brainiac but had no idea where to look. Might find answers in Megaton so after a little persuasion from Endo, I agreed to a pit stop. Told everyone to meet up in the common room later that night before going our separate ways. Most of my men went to the local Saloon and ran a train on some freak named Nova. Not sure what happened to the rest. Didn't care to find out either. Found a comfortable bar in front of a nuke. Grabbed a stool, tossed down a few drinks and typed stuff into Seki's diary. Don't know how, but continuing her thoughts made me feel a little closer to her.

"So you must be Jacob."

I didn't bother looking in her direction. I could tell by the feeble voice that she was elderly. What could an old woman possibly have that I'd want? I lit my final cigarette and took an exaggerated drag as she sat in the stool next to me.

"I heard about Seki. I'm sorry."

Seki was a touchy subject. If that old bat said the wrong thing, there was no telling what I'd do. I cracked my knuckles until the sound of grinding cartilage popped through my gloves. I didn't care how frail she was. I have no problem beating an elderly woman into the ground, where they probably belong. Smoke drifted through me teeth as I asked, "Why give me your condolences? We don't know each other so if you're looking for spare caps I suggest backing off, now."

"I knew Seki. The woman had remarkable eyes that pierced the soul. She stayed with me and my husband in our bus-apartment. Full of life she was. Seki showed me a picture of you and Marie. It's hard to forget such a beautiful family." I started to leave but paused when she added, "I have something for you. Something from Seki."

I swung around so hard that my neck could have snapped. "I swear if this is some kind of scam…"

"Here," She said pushing a small bundle into my hands. "This is everything Seki gave me. She didn't mention trouble, but I had a feeling she was in danger. Seki was always looking over her shoulder. No one should have to live like that." The woman left me standing there holding that small bundle as if it were an infant. The need for privacy suddenly arose so I went to common room's top floor and found the most comfortable chair available.

I didn't immediately open the bundle. Seki's loitering scent wafted from the tattered layers of cloth so I pressed the folded shirt to my face and tried to capture her fragrant musk with deep inhalations. My senses tingled as Seki's essence filled my lungs and I shuddered as though touched by her lingering spirit. I tried all month to forget her but found no remedy for the aching sense of loss that riddled my bones with venomous ire. Why couldn't I burn Seki out of my heart, as I did her body from the earth? I tried leaving her in those murky swamps of Point Lookout but she refused to be forgotten. Seki was so stubborn that way; prodding me even in death.

I took my time when unfolding the bundle and found a voice recording, the picture Seki took of Marie and I, an old copy of the Bible, and a strange data component. I scanned the recording with my Pip-boy and listened to Seki's message as I folded the old shirt that I'd given her in Vault 101. Her first words were paralyzing.

"I think Marie is alive, but I fear for the worst. After doing some trading with a wandering merchant, he mentioned seeing a girl who looked just like me near Paradise Falls. I said it couldn't be true but he simple shrugged as if I were crazy. When I asked for a description the merchant said she had hawkish eyes, short hair with curled tips, and wore a pink shirt etched with a teddy bear holding a beach ball. Is it really Marie? Maybe Python hadn't strangled her after all. Maybe she survived somehow. But I'm afraid of going to Paradise Falls because for all I know, they might try to throw me into one of those slave pens. I wouldn't even have the caps to get her back if she was there. I don't know what to do. Python's gang been hunting me and I can't risk investigating rumors, no matter how much I may want to. I need to hide out in Point Lookout for a while and try to figure out my next move. God I wish you were here Jacob. You'd know what to do. I'm not even sure if you're still alive. I hated you for not being able to protect Marie and I, even though I know what happened wasn't your fault. I'd get so mad that I wanted to tear your heart out! But…but I just don't have the strength to do that anymore. I'm so tired of hating. So if you're alive and God is kind enough to let this message find you, know that you've been forgiven, and that Marie needs you. She's out there Jacob, I can feel it. If you find her tell Marie that mommy's sorry, and that I love her."