Playable Fallout Mech

devinpatterson

Loving the current model - I'd scale down the chest some 25% and the shoulder pauldrons up some 25% for a more 'heroic proportions' look, but that's all. Other than that, you're basically golden.

The chest can be scaled without any problem, but some power armor pauldrons have a vanilla bug (they detach from the armor in certain animations) so I'm not too sure about those.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that they detach while sitting, and while using certain animation replacers (happened to me a few times with some animations out of WAR), but I haven't found anything else that causes them to pop off.

Off-topic a little, anyone know why the hell that happens and if there's a way to fix it?

is there any feedback from testers regarding stepping on NPC's? I forgot to mention if you hit A with the mod it will enable debug mode. It will generate a log that tends to get very large and could slow down the game after time.

I know that they detach while sitting, and while using certain animation replacers (happened to me a few times with some animations out of WAR), but I haven't found anything else that causes them to pop off.

No it's in the vanilla animations. As a example, there is a restricted armor list that helps to deal with certain animations. When you plant a grenade on someone it's a different animation if they're wearing a powerarmor from the formlist than if they'r not....to simulate freedom of movement. You can get more detail by searching my content/post or my name in this forum where I fulfilled a request for power armor. The person requesting it also posted a pic as an example, using the power sledge.

is possible o make the mech "high step", or mid step?

Really we can only use what animations are there. We can remove the encumbrance and create a perk that reduces speed if that would help.

is there any feedback from testers regarding stepping on NPC's? I forgot to mention if you hit A with the mod it will enable debug mode. It will generate a log that tends to get very large and could slow down the game after time.

Afraid I havn't had a chance to fire up the game (or anything else) for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

DevP. If you can get me a handcanon that is a weapon and the same scale as the mech I'd love to start toying around with different weapon systems. I am still of the opinion that we should go with a simple scaled up power fist for the hand canon, and to keep it as a weapon. We can use the same model for all of hand weapons. We can do like shoulder mounted missiles using your method? I just want to keep some forward momentum going on this thing. I'd hate to see this thing fall to the way side.