Playable Fallout Mech

devinpatterson

I dont understand how dev is planning on doing these weapons. I thought they were just going to be regular weapons, but scaled up in size. He has something else in mind and I don't fully comprehend it. He says no scripting is required for the weapons. I had so much fun working on the damage gradient script, and ill step on you script, that I just want to keep scripting.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand how dev is planning on doing these weapons. I thought they were just going to be regular weapons, but scaled up in size. He has something else in mind and I don't fully comprehend it.

I'm using dummy models to make the weapons persistent. That way they don't appear/disappear when they are equipped/unequipped. They appear to be part of the mech's superstructure, reinforcing the illusion.

Here look at this mod I made for an example of dummy models of a weapon, it's the same concept.

But regardless you wouldn't scale them up anyway, they are scaled by the function along with the armor and anything else on the model.

He says no scripting is required for the weapons. I had so much fun working on the damage gradient script, and ill step on you script, that I just want to keep scripting.

Not really, I had stated nothing special in re: to making them persistent (ie what I'm working on);

Not a whole lot for weapons (hotkey to select a particular one. But that's not really more than 15 or 30 seconds of work). Having the weapon currently equipped display on hud would look good

It doesn't mean we can't or won't have other functions for additional or different features that are related to teh weapons.

So I was thinking it might be nice to have some model changes as teh Mech gets more and more beat up. You can work on that if you'd like Irswat. I made a script quite a while back for swapping out the ranger vet armor with a more beat up model as the armor's health went down. But it was a quest script and I can't find it anywhere.

I'd suggest at least three stages (maybe over 66% armor health, 34% to 65% and under 33%), for three models.

You might also tie in your weapon gradient script to determine what weapons types (energy, ballistic or explosive) made a single high damage strike where and I could see about making up some damage decals.

I'll try and throw some other scripting ideas out when I get home from work and look at my notes.

@Devin: As requested, posting in a thread - what ended up happening to Viva New Vegas? What stage of development is that at?

Oh, and what you mentioned about dummy models reminded me - did you ever have any luck with rigging up the Beta Tesla Cannon back model I requested a while ago?

@Devin: As requested, posting in a thread - what ended up happening to Viva New Vegas? What stage of development is that at?

Um I meant post in the thread of the subject you we're referring to. I didn't want to cross post any info on the viva threads in this thread....different subjects. I don't know which one your referring to in particular since, you didn't mention if you meant the whole Viva group or a specific ending (like the independent Viva NV or NCR Viva NV etc). So that makes it difficult to give you any specific details.....but none are discontinued. You of all people should know I havn't had time to work on any mods recently, I'v stated so, more than once in this thread in particular.

Had a few minutes to mess around a bit in blender. This is how the arm cannon would look;

Pic; http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/mechArmCannonSmall_zps8dcb8074.jpg

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/mechArmCannon_zps84e1e771.jpg

I think if we changes the lower legs and the shoulders, we might have a better design here. Also the feet.

Also think it is cool if we give him a real fat gut, because all fallout so far as been for that macho look.

Edited by jesterskull25

I think if we changes the lower legs and the shoulders, we might have a better design here. Also the feet.

Also think it is cool if we give him a real fat gut, because all fallout so far as been for that macho look.

Aesthetic opinions will differ, but this models proportions are designed to mimic liberty primes. Feel free to work up a model or just a pic mockup and I'll take a look at it. You can use whatever you want, even if it's just MS paint......as long as it uses *existing assets* as a base and gets a somewhat clear image of what your shooting for.