Housecarls not leaving service when Dismissed

TwilightDB

Hi Everyone, not sure if this is a technical issue or if it's a mod related issue. :confused: All/any of my housecarls won't leave my service after I check up on their stats or change their outfits so i'm wondering if it might be one of the compatibility mods that could be causing it or not. I had to reload to a earlier save prior to asking them to follow me.

Using "setfollowercount" to 0 didn't help

It's weird since i have never had issues with the housecarls before until this game.

I have Inigo and Thorald Gray-Mane with the Vanyan compatibity mod installed

Inigo is v.1_1b

Thorald is v1.2 (which is finally working for me :teehee: )

Vanyan Follower Compatibility mod v.0.6.6b

I'm using UFO for it's ease of simplicity to use and Hearthfire is installed, no other DLCs.

Thanks in advance!

Are you using the heathfire patch for UFO?

I suggest you return to the UFO site, read all the info and make sure everything is plaved exactly how the mod author instructs

If you have not used BOSS, I would do that first, but then move anything that is not how UFO requires.

Also, if you have not used TES5Edit to clean your .esms and any .esps that BOSS flags, you need to do that too.

If you have ever removed UFO from your current game, (or other mods that affect housecarls) then then problem could be orphaned scripts. In that case you are probably gojng to need to start a new game.

Are you using the heathfire patch for UFO?

I suggest you return to the UFO site, read all the info and make sure everything is plaved exactly how the mod author instructs

If you have not used BOSS, I would do that first, but then move anything that is not how UFO requires.

Also, if you have not used TES5Edit to clean your .esms and any .esps that BOSS flags, you need to do that too.

If you have ever removed UFO from your current game, (or other mods that affect housecarls) then then problem could be orphaned scripts. In that case you are probably gojng to need to start a new game.

Thank you for your reply Georgiegril :smile: I am using the hearthfire patch for UFO and i was incorrect that all my housecarls was affected; it appears to be the housecarls related to hearthfire like Rayya etc. The base housecarls like Lydia are not affected as far as i can tell.

I have used BOSS to get the load order, however i am unfamiliar with TES5edit and afraid i would mess up. :sweat: UFO was never removed but updated whenever i see a newer version and the current game is a new one (guilty of trying out new mods) :woot:

UFO has extremely specific instructions for updating. If you did not follow those exactly then that might be the problem.

TESVEdit is very easy to use for mod cleaning. You just need to follow the tutorial link you see in the BOSS log. It creates backups as well, so it has low risk (there are other things you can do with TESVEdit that might be more risky but cleaning is simple and safe if used as directed.) Honestly if you want to use mods, you simply have to use TESVEdit, or accept the crashes and bugs you get without it.

I would not advise any save game cleaners, unless you are willing to start over completely if it ruins your game. If you read around, you will find that they can cause long-term, irreparable damage to your game that may not show up immediately. The risk involved in those is much greater than using TESVEdit.

If you continue to have the problem after TESEdit cleaning, please post the text file format of your BOSS Log and the section of your papyrus log from attempting to dismiss a follower. (just 10-20 lines should do it.)

Thanks for the advice! All the input got me to think about all the mods that is related to followers and it was my own fault for "Not" noticing that the newest version of UFO is pretty much stand alone and doesn't require the UFO Hearthfire patch of which i've removed.

When i started up the current game after removing that patch; Rayya, Gregor and Valdimir all acted properly and left my service to return home when i dismissed them. :wallbash:

Again, thank you all for your input, It was simplier than i thought and you guys helped me think it through with your advice! :thumbsup: