ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

FPS range

bonely55

Just a question which will reveal my ignorance of certain processes: During the game, inside buildings and outside sitting on my horse, 55-60 FPS. Movement through varied landscapes and areas brings 35-55 or so FPS.

Is this normal?

I assume it is never 60FPS at all times.

Thanks.

It is expected yes. So yeah normal...very normal. When you are in a building the game is loading just that cell when you are out side the building, it's going to be loading as far as it can (Dependant on your distance and LOD settings) So very normal yes but like Vlaka said Depends on your system and mods. :)

You will get these fps fluctuations even with the vanilla game - That is just the way it works - Just remember that the consoles are locked at 30 fps and anything over that is higher than what you would see on either xbox or ps3. By locking the fps at 30, the consoles don't have these fluctuations - and if you were to lock the PC at 30fps it wouldn't have them either. I currently cap ( not lock) my fps at 42 and rarely see any fluctuations at all. But your mileage may vary depending on your system.