⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How To Disable ENBSeries Text at Start of Game (starts at menu and continues even after save is loaded)

ThyHarrowing

/rant on

it's a bit of a deal breaker to use this and see this type of text there on every start. I'm pretty new here, and picked up a bunch of mods. I love all the work and endorse stuff that sticks -- I develop as well and work as a developer. Never did I felt the need to absolutely have to shove this stuff in people's faces upon running. Run that part in code, comment it out, do something outside that's create other than just toss this as an overlay on top (readme is good enough imho).

I've ran this for about 30 minutes, i have a machine that can load this game fast and easy -- but I wanted to see what this is all about. the fact that it sits there for more than 2 seconds is a complete deal breaker for me (some may say it's petty, some may say not, this is just preference and it's quite annoying to see. This type of development work has some pretty deep reaches as how we see this developer and his attitude towards his builds.

While I do think he has the freedom to do what he wants, there are ways to show your work outside of just BLASTING the start of the game... it's plain outright not appealing.

After installing this "ENBoost" my game has a slow startup -- I run SKSE64 on top of this and really it has not provided any more performance than what I already have.

The only huge difference that I see is that there's frames that are smoothed out, while great -- not worth looking at the text on the upper-left marketing his website over and over again each time I load the game.

(game loading take about 15-20 seconds longer no with ENBoost there, while it didn't even take that long to load previously)

I'll most likely do what's been done as mentioned, de-compile this library, remove this overlay entirely and see how this runs afterwards

Like the person above, he does great work... unfortunately, he can't let the work speak for itself.

/rant off.

Removed it using visual studio.

I would also like to know how you did it.

I have tried many times to decompile both the enbhost.exe and the DLL, with many different programs, and none of them are able to decompile it. Yeah, I get a VS Solution file and a CS file, but they have nothing to do with the actual source code. So I am not even able to recompile the exe or the DLL with those files, forget about editing any of the code, since the code doesn't get decompiled.

Its very hard to decompile and edit VS C# or C++ without the original source code. And on top of that, I heard the ENB Dev actually implemented code that makes it even harder to decompile then recompile his code.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

/rant on

it's a bit of a deal breaker to use this and see this type of text there on every start. I'm pretty new here, and picked up a bunch of mods. I love all the work and endorse stuff that sticks -- I develop as well and work as a developer. Never did I felt the need to absolutely have to shove this stuff in people's faces upon running. Run that part in code, comment it out, do something outside that's create other than just toss this as an overlay on top (readme is good enough imho).

I've ran this for about 30 minutes, i have a machine that can load this game fast and easy -- but I wanted to see what this is all about. the fact that it sits there for more than 2 seconds is a complete deal breaker for me (some may say it's petty, some may say not, this is just preference and it's quite annoying to see. This type of development work has some pretty deep reaches as how we see this developer and his attitude towards his builds.

While I do think he has the freedom to do what he wants, there are ways to show your work outside of just BLASTING the start of the game... it's plain outright not appealing.

After installing this "ENBoost" my game has a slow startup -- I run SKSE64 on top of this and really it has not provided any more performance than what I already have.

The only huge difference that I see is that there's frames that are smoothed out, while great -- not worth looking at the text on the upper-left marketing his website over and over again each time I load the game.

(game loading take about 15-20 seconds longer no with ENBoost there, while it didn't even take that long to load previously)

I'll most likely do what's been done as mentioned, de-compile this library, remove this overlay entirely and see how this runs afterwards

Like the person above, he does great work... unfortunately, he can't let the work speak for itself.

/rant off.

How do you remove this stupid text? I don't want to read text that makes the game look like its in developer mode, and I don't want to go back to 2011-ish graphics. Why isn't their an alternative to ENB?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

That is one of the reasons why I almost give up using ENB......

It is good but usually harms fps and make CPU GPU fans sound loud. Also many years after I don't think I've found a really realistic ENB preset (of course most of the presets are at least better than the vanilla game.)

Perhaps just to retexture and remesh the Skyrim, then adjust default light by those famous light mods is a better way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

"hex edit and replace the text with space"

i'm trying to resolve this issue and abolish that startup message

i'm looking at d3d11.dll that came with the ENB download package

i find reference to "ENB" but i dont think its the right file.

its missing key references such as "patreon"

can anyone point me to the filename && possibly the offsets..