Not working anymore

macmert

I decided to play fallout once more, I did a fresh install, everything went fine, updated to 1.7, started a new game... played for a couple of hours, a CTD. No problem, started the game again and now I get only a black screen. I uninstalled and installed again, works fine, I decided to sleep and turned off my PC...

The next day Fallout doesnt work again! Only a black screen with the hourglass icon of my mouse.

I dont get it, I have beaten the game with my very PC, nothing has changed, no upgrades whatever... Only updated my Nvidia drivers to 190.62.

I have a 8800 GTS OC2 320 MB with dual core Intel E 6750. I use xp sp3

Any suggestions and / or help is welcome...

Thx in advance

When I restart the game it doesnt work anymore...

I installed the game, played for 5 minutes, saved then quit. Run the game again, it worked fine. But after a reboot or turning off then on the pc just crashes the game...

I will give this gfwl stuff hope it works, I will keep you informed, thanks for the advices too

Lol, this is nothing new to me. It seems like this game prefers to crash more often not. Even through multiple re-installations and workarounds, I still get the same f*cking random CTD's, or the game wont load anymore, or I cant get past the "stand by" screen anymore, or I cant save anymore, or people change into other people when I fast travel, or I cant shoot anyone with out CTDing anymore, or objects dont appear anymore, or this, or that, so forth, so on!

I could make a list of bugs the size of some ancient tome, but hey, they will never be fixed. They've always been there, they always will be. I just hope the next Fallout aint so ridiculously crammed with more bugs than a 50 year old rotten mattress.

If the game weren't so fun, I probably would have gave up a long time ago. The games just started fugging up again for me, I cant save anymore, and ive got like 350 saves, you can imagine how I feel? LOL

Lol, this is nothing new to me. It seems like this game prefers to crash more often not. Even through multiple re-installations and workarounds, I still get the same f*cking random CTD's, or the game wont load anymore, or I cant get past the "stand by" screen anymore, or I cant save anymore, or people change into other people when I fast travel, or I cant shoot anyone with out CTDing anymore, or objects dont appear anymore, or this, or that, so forth, so on!

I could make a list of bugs the size of some ancient tome, but hey, they will never be fixed. They've always been there, they always will be. I just hope the next Fallout aint so ridiculously crammed with more bugs than a 50 year old rotten mattress.

If the game weren't so fun, I probably would have gave up a long time ago. The games just started fugging up again for me, I cant save anymore, and ive got like 350 saves, you can imagine how I feel? LOL

Yea, the interesting thing is this game is patched like, seven times? I guess on the 476th patch they will get it done :D

ok it seems the problem continues, I installed the latest G4WL and apparently I didnt have the frame network 3.5 sp1 and now it is installed... After the installation I applied the latest patch and got the black screen immidiately, I did another install without the patch and it worked, I rebooted my PC then I got another black screen...

I am suspecting it might be a virus that is kicking in after the installation so I might need to check that out... Any further suggestion is welcome

Ok it seems that the ffdshow problem, I installed the required codec and now it is working. But I still dont understand why the game was working with a fresh install...

Anyways, problem solved, thanks again for your help and suggestions

Glad to hear you've sorted it mate!