Someone fill me in on the Fallout 3 holes

TotallyNotToastyFresh

This is just some hearsay from another forum but apparently, EU members (particularly the UK) went to war for resources with the middle east before just 2077 Amerikanzys sides with the Europeans, Commies side with the Middle East. It's supposedly the match that lights up the nuclear powder keg.

Take that with a grain of salt though.

So, the exact plot of Battlefield 2 then?

No not really.

No one really "allied" with anyone in the war everyone was looking out for themselves. All of Europe was engulfed in there own war separate from the rest of the world. China vs America is what set off the nuclear fire works. Russia really hasnt been mentioned.

Oh and Middle eastern countries allying with Russia is ridiculous and since I havent heard of it anywhere ingame Im going to say that didnt happen.

Edited by ModelV

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically yes, because it's just one of those things that people can smell coming.

As far as the Middle East allying with the Commies, I hadn't heard that either. Most of the European story is non-cannon anyways, since it hasn't been covered in-game at any time.

Edited by Jeoshua

Actually now that I think about it, it's not that there was a European Resource War. There was a Global Resource War.

America annexed Canada to get their wood and oil. Ultimately they drained it and took the last remaining offshore oil facility from China. I'm not sure if this was the act that started the conflagration proper, or if it was just taken in a mad scramble as the rest of the world was fighting.

Either way, it wasn't a long, drawn out ground war for anyone. I can imagine plenty of strategic positioning, political deals in back rooms, and more than a bit of covert operations before the war really got moving.

One thing is for certain. Small battles force nations to make requests for help. Request for help bring out their allies. Allies join to become Blocs. Blocs break up and fight amongst themselves. When the guns started coming out, the world only had a few years left before the Great War.... which lasted all of 15 minutes, or so.

Edited by Jeoshua

We do know that both the Chinese invaded Alaska and the US invaded mainland China, so there was a ground war, plausably drawn out, and much like the storyline to world in conflict, a nuclear response could have been initialy to halt US advances in China when they began to lose the war.

Well my contention is that there were many small wars, and rumors of wars, during the buildup. Then the US and China started going at it. The Technological Powerhouse vs The Nation Of Billions. And as soon as that started going down, there was maybe a year's time before someone threw a nuke and the Great War really began.

So yeah there were drawn out ground forces here and there, but that the Great War itself which came after that didn't last long at all.

Well, in each playthrough I keep asking myself, how did Tenpenny reach America? How did the preacher manage, since he's obviously british too? Did Dukov take the landline all the way from Siberia?

I mean, there aren't any planes flying or ships crossing the ocean. They're simply there.