The Tale of the Hero

Shoren

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter XV

~Ready for the dinner~

Three hours have already passed and so Lucas was front of Claire's shop once again. He knocked the door and heard Claire shouting behind the door. "Hold on a second I'm coming!" And soon the door was opened. On the frame of the door was standing a woman who was wearing a long red dress which would be even used by the countess. Her face was slightly disappointed but still delighted.

"Awww. Lucas you're wearing that on our date?" Claire said and sighed referring Lucas' black robe.

"What can I do when this is only clothes I have... And I believe that a date is not correct word for this occasion. I'm only taking you for a dinner." Lucas told Claire.

"Well mister wise guy what would you call this when a man takes a woman to eat nice meal alone?"

"Hmmm. I dunno." Lucas shrugged.

"See? It's a d-a-t-e." Claire said with board smile on her face.

"Fine it's date then." Lucas said and sighed.

"Now lets see what we can do make you little more acceptable outfit..." Claire said and though for a minute then she opened Lucas' robe making it more like coat looking. Inside Lucas had pitch black long pants made of silk like his robe and dark green tunic also made of silk. "Alright put that thing inside the robe so it doesn't show up." Claire said as she pointed the longsword which Lucas carried.

"Alright alright." Lucas said slightly frustrated and placed the sword on the belt which he had over his tunic.

"That's better looking than before at least." Claire said with accepting smile on her face.

"So where we are going to eat?" Lucas asked.

"Follow I know just the place." Claire said with board smile on her face as she grabbed from Lucas' hand and started pull him with her.

Soon they came to a restaurant, if you can call it that any case. The building was quite new looking and made of marble unlike other buildings. This was actually an inn rather than a restaurant. After all it was more profitable to establish an inn than just a restaurant. Well this inn was quite expensive so the poor people didn't visit this place usually.

Claire is owner of the only magic shop which sold stuff from ingredients to staves so passing mages usually visited the shop. This means she is fairly wealthy person. On other hand Lucas is a normal mercenary but he haven't had any jobs lately so he was quite poor currently. Lucas could do nothing but sigh. He had promised to buy a dinner for Claire after all and usually he didn't back out of his promises unless there was some really good reason.

"You want eat in here?" Lucas asked bit depressed tone in his voice. There goes last of my coins then... He thought.

"Yeah. It's only decent place in this town or do you wish take me to some dirty old place full of shady people?"

"Fine. A promise is a promise but you better have good piece of information."

"Don't worry. Don't worry. It's worth this if not more. Well at least for you."

And so they entered to the inn.

Chapter XVI

~The dinner and revelations. The departure.~

After Lucas and Claire had ordered their food they settled down a tablet, which was made of maple wood like rest of furnitures in here, in corner near a fireplace. Unlike last inn Lucas was before this place had more delicate atmosphere which could broke even from one wrong move. This made Lucas bit frustrated. He wasn't used places like this. This was so called rich peoples place not some poor wanderers.

"So lets get business out of the way. Tell me what you know." Lucas said to Claire as they sat down to the tablet.

"Alright. I guess I can't buy time any more. Such a shame after all it would have been much nicer for me keep you in this town for while but I promised so I'll tell you." Claire said and sighed. She crossed her hands as she placed them to the tablet. "Well what you want hear first? About the boy or about Mystic Dawn?" She asked.

"About the boy as it is more pressing matter at the moment."

"Alright. He has been found by two people from old manor at Anvil if my intel is correct. One was a great wizard and other was a warrior. The masters of their respective guilds at Cyrodiil to be exact. Martin Farfield and Celestia Dragonbane. I do wonder what they wanted from that boy at first but for now it seems the Arch-Mage Martin took him as his pupil and what I heard he is becoming great mage maybe some day he surpasses his teacher. Current location is the Arcane University of the Imperial City. Well that's all I know about the boy for now." Claire explained and sighed at the end.

"And about Mystic Dawn?" Lucas asked as their meals was brought to the tablet.

"Well they have been officially quite silent currently. Not too many members but ones who have joined are faithful to their high-priest. You could say their faith rivals faith of good paladins to the nine. They are ready to give everything they have, even their life, so that what every they are planning succeeds. Other than that I know only a little. There are small smuggling business going on with them if rumours are to be believed." Then Claire started to eat her meal.

"Well at least that had some useful information. I guess I'll have to go investigate Mystic Dawn myself."

After an hour they left the inn with their stomach full and Lucas' coin pouch empty.

"Well then I'll have to go then. I guess first stop is the Imperial City then. Farewell Claire." Lucas said as he started to walk towards the borders of the town.

"Who said you would go alone? I'm so going with you. This seems interesting at least rather than this old town." Claire said and started follow Lucas.

"Fine do what you want. I can't stop you if you wish to follow me but don't expect me to rescue you if you get into a trouble." Lucas told Claire bit frustrated.

It is going to be quite long journey as after all they had to walk from the south-east corner of Hammerfell to centre of Cyrodiil. After all Lucas didn't have any money at him currently thanks to that expensive dinner moment ago. If nothing special stops them they should arrive in about a couple weeks to the Imperial City.

Chapter XVII

~Back in the Imperial City. The call to the test.~

Tristan had already settled down on one of the buildings at the Arcane University and he was now studying his spellbook. He repeated the words which were written in it on his mind. Each time he did that it felt like the words would have started burning in his mind. It was warm and comfortable feeling. This was a privilege only to the wizards, those who have the gift of the magic. But this was fire of the soul could be double-edged sword. It can work for you but it can also work against you if you pronounce even a letter wrongly. This is why wizards had to study to keep the words fresh in their mind.

A dove landed behind a window which was front of Tristan and knocked to it. Tristan opened the window and noticed a letter tied on the dove's leg. He quickly took the letter and opened it.

"Apprentice Tristan Locksen you have been summoned to front of the Council of Mages to be tested if you are qualified to gain higher knowledge of the magic and be accepted as one of our brother at mid-day of a week from now. You should inform this to your relatives as this test has chance of death but you cannot tell about this to others or you lose your qualification to enter to this test. If you die during the test your stuff shall be sent to your relatives..."

There was a lot more written to the letter but it was formalities and rules which apply to this test. At the end of letter there was signature of each twelve members of the Council of Mages and the signature of Arch-Mage.

Tristan smiled happily as this was a great honour for apprentice like Tristan. Tristan was waiting for this call after he came to the Imperial City few days ago but it wasn't easy for Martin to convince all of the Master-Wizards (or as their more formal name the members of the Council of Mages) as each of them had to place their signature under the call or the call would be invalid. No exception. Rules of wizards were strict about this as they didn't wish any unsuitable to enter their brotherhood.

Magic could be quite terrifying thing if it goes to wrong hands. There has been many examples of this along the history of this realm.

After Tristan had read the letter he sent the dove back and continued study the spells. Important day was coming and he had to as ready as he could be. Soon the week would pass and his day to be tested would come. Tristan did only thing he could do for it. To study.

Martin had already accepted him so to Tristan this was just formality but then again you could be never too careful about things where you have chance of dying. Martin had already acknowledged that Tristan had as much power as a Magician has which is quite high rank of the Mages Guild which is amazing for an apprentice. Of course Tristan didn't know any spells of that level. He only knew the basics as he wasn't allowed to study any further on the magic until he has completed the test.

Chapter XVIII

~The tale ends...~

A quill was dipped in a bottle of ink as new page was turned. There was written words.

"One day I might continue this tale but for now it has come to end. Tristan and Lucas' journeys are for another time for other place. There is much to see and much to tell but for now those shall be in my mind as demons of the past, present and future... This tale will continue live and evolve in the minds of you readers. Each of you have their own image what is to come so I let you to decide how story ends. Will it be happy ending or sad one that is for you to decide as this story has come to the end for now."

The letters of this written tale started to trail off and soon they faded away to the pages which they were written. The book was closed and to front cover was written 'the Tale of the Hero'. Bellow it was written in smaller letters 'by Eer...' The ink had dried off before the name was fully written. The writer didn't bother dipping it again, as after all what was the point when he was only one to read the story, so he just shrugged and took the book. He placed the book to one of many bookshelves, most of them were completely full, in the room where he was.

((Writer's note: Well this tale has come to the end for now. The reason is simple I do not have time to continue this. I am busy with my life and when I am done with everything else I might return to this tale. Actually I would have time to do this for few hours per day but after school and work I am so tired that my mind cannot think anything really. Don't worry I will write short stories, which some might have some relation to this story but most will be completely original, time to time which I will release here but I won't do anything this big until I really have more time, inspiration and motivation.))