GECK Issues and General Questions

Mudguy47

When you place a REF in the world, by default it has the same name as its base object. However, to use it in a script, it must have a unique name. Most people make it unique by appending "REF" to the end, e.g. rename it NoahREF.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am getting down to finishing this thing, finally. I think this will be the last thing I need help with. I am trying to get a dialogue option to pop up on an NPC after I get an item for them. I talked to them earlier so I can find out how to get this item and now I need to deliver it to him. I cannot get him to talk to me after I get the item. I have set conditions to make him talk when it is accomplished but in game he won't. He just says the default NCR chatter. I have no clue why this is doing this.

If you have a GetItemCount > 0 condition on the dialog, make sure it's set to run on Target, not Subject. It's easy to forget - there's a bunch of broken dialog in the vanilla game because it checks the NPC's Speech skill instead of the player's, or whatever the condition is (not that I've ever made that same mistake myself, or anything ;) ).

Wow that was stupidly easy to fix. Thanks for all the help Belthan. I probably wouldn't be where I am today without you and your help. I am finished with my little mod, just a house with the sortomatic (makes the house look lived in with the display function) and what seems like a 10 minute quest to obtain the house.

I may or may not have just destroyed my esp. I am trying to remove the DLC masters from it so it only needs FalloutNV.esm and sortomatic.esm. Well I tryed to do that by going in FNVEdit and deleting the masters. Well I did it wrong and now nothing will load it. I am scared that I just demolished the esp and I have to go off a version I backed up a week ago.

What I specifically did was go in FNVEdit and click the fileheader tab. There I went to the DLC masters and just deleted the name so like Dead Money.esm. The name was deleted but now the record of there being a master. I saved it and did not back the esp up. Can I salvage what I did or do I have to redo what I did from the old esp that has none of the scripts or quests done?

EDIT: OK I think I figured out how to salvage it. After a bit of digging on the internet I found this thread, http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/414110-how-to-remove-master-file-from-mod/ . This tells how to salvage the mod from deleting masters. I somewhat fixed it. I have to go through the house again and put all the items back as I seem to have deleted them when I started deleting edited scripts in FNVEdit.

Edited by Mudguy47

Ok so I said I was done. No I am not. Now I am doing little silly things like making a shower. Ok what I want to do with this is have a trigger so when I enter the shower it turns on but when I get out of the trigger area to turns off. The script I have for it is this.

ScriptName RRHouseShowerScript

Begin onTriggerEnter

if(RRShowerREF == disable)
		RRShowerREF.enable 1

else

RRShowerREF.disable 1

endif

END

RRShowerREF is referencing to the waterFX I have to simulate the running water from the faucet. My issue is when I enter the shower it turns on alright but when I leave it doesn't turn off. I would also like to add a little gimmick where when you enter the shower it gives you like a little bonus like +1 charisma or +15 Speech, something stupid. But with doing that I would like to make it so you have to be in the trigger zone for a specific amount of time to get the effect, is something like that possible?

You'll need to add an onTriggerLeave block and disable the shower fx in that block. For a delayed effect, you can set a timer in OnTriggerEnter and check it in an onTrigger block (which runs every frame the actor is within the activator). If you make the effect a spell (I'll call it RecentShowerSpell in the example) with a specific duration (because the player gets smelly again after a few days), you can call IsSpellTarget in the OnTrigger block to make sure you only add the effect when the player is smelly.

FLOAT Timer

Begin onTriggerEnter

if RRShowerREF.GetDisabled
 RRShowerREF.enable 1
endif

set Timer to 5
GetSecondsPassed 

End

Begin OnTrigger

if Timer > 0
 set Timer to Timer - GetSecondsPassed
elseif player.IsSpellTarget RecentShowerSpell == 0