A maybe quick question

paladicprince

Is there a way through scripting to plan a magic shader visual on a currently equipped item?

Like if in a quest I wanted the sword I was carrying to burst into flames.

And, more importantly if I want to apply a shader to an arrow while it is notched.

I can't find anything, but I'll keep looking.

Is there a way through scripting to plan a magic shader visual on a currently equipped item?

Like if in a quest I wanted the sword I was carrying to burst into flames.

And, more importantly if I want to apply a shader to an arrow while it is notched.

I can't find anything, but I'll keep looking.

hmm, I only know a little about scripting myself and nothing about shaders, but I know there are several mods out there that have visuals to enchantments. I don't think they apply to arrows though, but there was an arrow mod recently released that had trailing visuals when fired.

I have looked at the problem, and I suspect you have to use modeling and\or texturing plus possibly scripting to turn the various models on and off at the appropriate times.

Here is the script I was messing with which does not work right. It seems that you can't use the command "pms" on an equipped weapon and have it work. It does work when the weapon is laying on the ground. This is an object script applied to a steel longsword which is a persistent reference named ImmolatorREF. It burns when it lays on the ground, and when I have it equipped, I burn. I burn when it is sheathed, and burn when it is drawn, but I do not burn if my other sword is my active weapon.

SCN 001FlamingSword

Short BurnOnce
Short OnceBurn

Begin Gamemode
If BurnOnce == 0  
	ImmolatorREF.pms EffectFireDamage
	Set BurnOnce to 1
EndIf

If Player.GetEquipped 001FlamingLongsword == 1 && OnceBurn == 0
	Player.pms EffectFireDamage
	Set OnceBurn to 1
EndIf

If Player.GetEquipped 001FlamingLongsword == 0 
	Player.StopMagicShaderVisuals EffectFireDamage
	Set OnceBurn to 0
EndIf
End

Begin OnDrop
Set BurnOnce to 0
End

So my guess is that you would need to retexture the arrows during the arrow knocking animation cycle. Alas I am no modeler nor animator.