• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For reference, KraigO, Americans claiming that they 'won' World War II is something that is a one-way street to being beaten up by Russians, for reasons I outlined earlier (I happen to have a few Russian friends). Not so much a matter of opinion as a matter of historical facts and figures (I'm a bit of a history nut).

With that said, you weren't the one who was claiming America won WWII (that was Yogogamer), but nonetheless, it would've been easy for Urugan to get confused. But that's where the 'I am Russian and I could tell you where to shove your opinions' came from, at a guess. Again, it's a bit of a sore spot.

ANYWAY -

To reduce derailment, and because I'm legitimately interested in this, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be implemented for these purposes? Maybe not modern-day weaponry (BTW, Urugan, there is a really nice mod out there that turns the Service Rifle into an M16A2 by fume0101; I use it myself to go with the NCR Rearmament mod), but to make the Mojave Desert into an absolute warzone between major factions. Fortresses, massive and frequent battles, raiding parties, etc. I want the Mojave to feel like the location of an all-out war between two enormous factions.

Again, It's very much a matter of opinion, there are multiple winning sides, and if you wish to reduce derailment, why do you keep dragging this out? contradiction much?

Not sure what you mean by "multiple winning sides"... there was only one side that won, the Allies. Also Yogo you're equally at fault for dragging it off topic.

Never denied I wasn't, you did however start this "M16 is weak" bull.

and I'm not talking about sides as a whole, rather countries

And you're the one that took it to heart for some odd reason and even after showing you facts you just stuck to your observational bias judgement. Also true that the allies won on multiple fronts but that doesn't take away from them all winning. Keep in mind when the US fought along side the Brits, Canucks, and French resistance movement, so claiming that the US won but ignoring those facts is arrogant.

Bias? Not even fully American -_-

I didn't say that at all, it seems you are putting words in my keyboard now, because I even stated that they all won.

I honestly think you just keep replying to spite me as I already discountinued the PM for this very reason

"You harass me for proof yet you haven't any proof yourself, as an owner of several M16's I will say personally I haven't had any trouble with them, just have to keep them clean (As with any firearm)" Ring a bell?

For reference, KraigO, Americans claiming that they 'won' World War II is something that is a one-way street to being beaten up by Russians, for reasons I outlined earlier (I happen to have a few Russian friends). Not so much a matter of opinion as a matter of historical facts and figures (I'm a bit of a history nut).

With that said, you weren't the one who was claiming America won WWII (that was Yogogamer), but nonetheless, it would've been easy for Urugan to get confused. But that's where the 'I am Russian and I could tell you where to shove your opinions' came from, at a guess. Again, it's a bit of a sore spot.

ANYWAY -

To reduce derailment, and because I'm legitimately interested in this, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be implemented for these purposes? Maybe not modern-day weaponry (BTW, Urugan, there is a really nice mod out there that turns the Service Rifle into an M16A2 by fume0101; I use it myself to go with the NCR Rearmament mod), but to make the Mojave Desert into an absolute warzone between major factions. Fortresses, massive and frequent battles, raiding parties, etc. I want the Mojave to feel like the location of an all-out war between two enormous factions.

Again, It's very much a matter of opinion, there are multiple winning sides, and if you wish to reduce derailment, why do you keep dragging this out? contradiction much?

Not sure what you mean by "multiple winning sides"... there was only one side that won, the Allies. Also Yogo you're equally at fault for dragging it off topic.

And you're the one that took it to heart for some odd reason and even after showing you facts you just stuck to your observational bias judgement. Also true that the allies won on multiple fronts but that doesn't take away from them all winning. Keep in mind when the US fought along side the Brits, Canucks, and French resistance movement, so claiming that the US won but ignoring those facts is arrogant.

I didn't say that at all, it seems you are putting words in my keyboard now, because I even stated that they all won.

I honestly think you just keep replying to spite me as I already discountinued the PM for this very reason

"You harass me for proof yet you haven't any proof yourself, as an owner of several M16's I will say personally I haven't had any trouble with them, just have to keep them clean (As with any firearm)" Ring a bell?

That was literally nothing to do with the topic at hand, I'm really starting to lose my patience (Already been having a crappy week), Firearms have nothing to do with the war's victor

Oh dear God...

At this rate, I might as well start a separate topic for this discussion...

Ya, I'm done. I have to finish some work and go to bed.

ANYWAY -

That was literally nothing to do with the topic at hand, I'm really starting to lose my patience (Already been having a crappy week), Firearms have nothing to do with the war's victor

Not for WW2 but we're talking about how you're bias view on the M16 makes you believe it's better than what it really is.

ANYWAY -

Not for WW2 but we're talking about how you're bias view on the M16 makes you believe it's better than what it really is.

Bias? Are you kidding me? I simply stated it's a nicely performing rifle, if you don't think so, fine. But don't harass me because I prefer it, and don't make the ridiculous claim the performance killed the user.

ANYWAY -

Bias? Are you kidding me? I simply stated it's a nicely performing rifle, if you don't think so, fine. But don't harass me because I prefer it, and don't make the ridiculous claim the performance killed the user.

You use your guns in a clean and controlled area, the soldiers in the Vietnam war used them in jungles. The difference being you are much less likely to get your gun dirty than the soldier. I first stated that the gun isn't that great because of it's reliability in combat and that it has less stopping power compared to other guns it went up against. I've shown you evidence backing it up, I've explained how the gun has not won a single war like you have claimed, and I have even asked you to name ONE but you refuse to do so and only state that I should brush up on my history, mean while I named off every war the US has been a part of after the Vietnam war and not one was won due to the M16 out performing the enemies rifles.

As for a bias judgement, I don't think you understand what that means so I'll give you an example. Let's say you give a dog a grape, turns out your dog enjoys grapes. When ever you're eating grapes you toss one or two towards your dog and (s)he eats them. After a while you hear that grapes are bad for dogs and that you shouldn't be feeding them grapes. You have been feeding dog grapes for so long with no visual side effects that you disagree with the study(s) and continue to feed your dogs grape. What ever happens to the dog doesn't matter in this case, you have made a bias judgement based solely on your experience.

The M16 when first introduced to soldiers in Vietnam jammed, it was unreliable in a firefight. I have shown you the evidence.

ANYWAY -

You use your guns in a clean and controlled area, the soldiers in the Vietnam war used them in jungles. The difference being you are much less likely to get your gun dirty than the soldier. I first stated that the gun isn't that great because of it's reliability in combat and that it has less stopping power compared to other guns it went up against. I've shown you evidence backing it up, I've explained how the gun has not won a single war like you have claimed, and I have even asked you to name ONE but you refuse to do so and only state that I should brush up on my history, mean while I named off every war the US has been a part of after the Vietnam war and not one was won due to the M16 out performing the enemies rifles.

As for a bias judgement, I don't think you understand what that means so I'll give you an example. Let's say you give a dog a grape, turns out your dog enjoys grapes. When ever you're eating grapes you toss one or two towards your dog and (s)he eats them. After a while you hear that grapes are bad for dogs and that you shouldn't be feeding them grapes. You have been feeding dog grapes for so long with no visual side effects that you disagree with the study(s) and continue to feed your dogs grape. What ever happens to the dog doesn't matter in this case, you have made a bias judgement based solely on your experience.

The M16 when first introduced to soldiers in Vietnam jammed, it was unreliable in a firefight. I have shown you the evidence.

The only evidence you have shown me is you telling me I'm wrong and a wiki page, might as well be nothing.

As for conditions, maybe, but you still shouldn't be getting your gun dirty unless you are slamming it in the mud or laying it in the sand,

and again, the M16 greatly improved the allies armory not only in Vietnam but current wars as well and your condescending manner is frustrating to say the least.

it's not bias! Now I'm convinced you really are carrying this on to spite me.

Edited by Yogogamer

That wiki page was still more evidence then you've shown. All you've done is say "I'm right, you're wrong. You have no proof, I have all the in the world but you don't deserve to see it.".

Also I couldn't care less about this conversation anymore. I haven't slept for 33 hours and I still can't go to bed!