Excuse me, but the US didn't 'win' World War I or II, at least not in Europe. They were simply on the winning side. What 'won' those wars were the sacrifices of millions of British (WWI) and Russian (WWII) soldiers.

(On the other hand, they did kick ass in the Pacific in WWII - no denying that.)

On-topic -

I'd love to see both the NCR and the Legion re-armed, along with given some major fortifications and some significant battles taking place. Would be awesome.

A matter of opinion, Again, this isn't the topic for discussing this.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3:Adding RPG's to the game.Especially to the big factions like NCR and Legion.

More action!!!

The reason the NCR doesn't use more advanced weapons is due to them being to expensive to build and maintain. Keep in mind they have the largest army in the wasteland. The Legion on the other hand doesn't like using anything that doesn't have a blade. Also there are missile launchers and red glares, if you want explosions just use them.

Why do you need to flood every request with "Lore-Friendless? Not every mod needs to be lore friendly, Oh and M16s are revered for being highly reliable.

On topic, I think this would be a very interesting mod, though large amounts of scripting and modelling have to be done.

Because I like lore friendly mods and other people do too. I just post comments on how people could make it more lore friendly and if the creator wants it that way it's up to them. Also the M16 was horrible when first produced would jam if not kept super clean, and it's smaller round compared to other assault rifles doesn't give it enough stopping power.

It's called forcing your opinions upon others.Since I am russian I could tell you where to stick your opinions

but I prefer not to get banned other just one(PM me for I will tell you what I think of you).

And yes rearming both NCR and Legion will give more athmosphere in the game by giving them

sort of theme of theyr own.

I'm not sure how that's forcing opinions onto others. All I did was state facts and tell you there are already things that you wanted in the game.

Also I'm not sure what you being Russian has anything to do with this thread.

Edited by sgtKraigO

For reference, KraigO, Americans claiming that they 'won' World War II is something that is a one-way street to being beaten up by Russians, for reasons I outlined earlier (I happen to have a few Russian friends). Not so much a matter of opinion as a matter of historical facts and figures (I'm a bit of a history nut).

With that said, you weren't the one who was claiming America won WWII (that was Yogogamer), but nonetheless, it would've been easy for Urugan to get confused. But that's where the 'I am Russian and I could tell you where to shove your opinions' came from, at a guess. Again, it's a bit of a sore spot.

ANYWAY -

To reduce derailment, and because I'm legitimately interested in this, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be implemented for these purposes? Maybe not modern-day weaponry (BTW, Urugan, there is a really nice mod out there that turns the Service Rifle into an M16A2 by fume0101; I use it myself to go with the NCR Rearmament mod), but to make the Mojave Desert into an absolute warzone between major factions. Fortresses, massive and frequent battles, raiding parties, etc. I want the Mojave to feel like the location of an all-out war between two enormous factions.

For reference, KraigO, Americans claiming that they 'won' World War II is something that is a one-way street to being beaten up by Russians, for reasons I outlined earlier (I happen to have a few Russian friends). Not so much a matter of opinion as a matter of historical facts and figures (I'm a bit of a history nut).

With that said, you weren't the one who was claiming America won WWII (that was Yogogamer), but nonetheless, it would've been easy for Urugan to get confused. But that's where the 'I am Russian and I could tell you where to shove your opinions' came from, at a guess. Again, it's a bit of a sore spot.

ANYWAY -

To reduce derailment, and because I'm legitimately interested in this, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be implemented for these purposes? Maybe not modern-day weaponry (BTW, Urugan, there is a really nice mod out there that turns the Service Rifle into an M16A2 by fume0101; I use it myself to go with the NCR Rearmament mod), but to make the Mojave Desert into an absolute warzone between major factions. Fortresses, massive and frequent battles, raiding parties, etc. I want the Mojave to feel like the location of an all-out war between two enormous factions.

Again, It's very much a matter of opinion, there are multiple winning sides, and if you wish to reduce derailment, why do you keep dragging this out? contradiction much?

ANYWAY -

Again, It's very much a matter of opinion, there are multiple winning sides, and if you wish to reduce derailment, why do you keep dragging this out? contradiction much?

Not sure what you mean by "multiple winning sides"... there was only one side that won, the Allies. Also Yogo you're equally at fault for dragging it off topic.

Edited by sgtKraigO

ANYWAY -

Not sure what you mean by "multiple winning sides"... there was only one side that won, the Allies. Also Yogo you're equally at fault for dragging it off topic.

Never denied I wasn't, you did however start this "M16 is weak" bull.

and I'm not talking about sides as a whole, rather countries

ANYWAY -

And you're the one that took it to heart for some odd reason and even after showing you facts you just stuck to your observational bias judgement. Also true that the allies won on multiple fronts but that doesn't take away from them all winning. Keep in mind when the US fought along side the Brits, Canucks, and French resistance movement, so claiming that the US won but ignoring those facts is arrogant.

It can be pretty easily said that WWII wouldn't have been won on the Western Front without the total commitment of all parties involved. Without American supply aid, Britain would have fallen to a Nazi invasion in 1942, and without the total need for Germany to divert resources to tackle Britain and France, Russia would have been unable to hold the Nazis at Stalingrad. So basically, everyone pitched in to win that war; it's impossible to claim that one nation was solely responsible.

(In the end, Germany's loss actually came down to Hitler's truly enormous mistake of going to war with Russia in the first place, but that's another story entirely.)

And I'm just trying to put a factually-accurate lid on this historical argument so that we can get to the actual purpose of the thread.

ON-TOPIC -

Anyone else interested in seeing what I described up there?

ANYWAY -

And you're the one that took it to heart for some odd reason and even after showing you facts you just stuck to your observational bias judgement. Also true that the allies won on multiple fronts but that doesn't take away from them all winning. Keep in mind when the US fought along side the Brits, Canucks, and French resistance movement, so claiming that the US won but ignoring those facts is arrogant.

Bias? Not even fully American -_-

I didn't say that at all, it seems you are putting words in my keyboard now, because I even stated that they all won, however, Russia isn't responsible alone

I honestly think you just keep replying to spite me as I already discountinued the PM for this very reason

Edited by Yogogamer