Cheating

Retribution

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well..

The only cheat i used (1 year back) was to set my LEvel to 255... i was choked that the goblin 1 hitted me in the tutorial lol

then i learned that it just changes the level, not the stats lol... >.>

"CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER!"

Actually, whoever said that was a bit out of touch. They prosper quite well until caught, and then they still might get off the hook. Some cheaters never get caught.

But this is a game played for fun. It is a single-player game so you can't be unfair to any other people by cheating. You can play the game anyway you find most amusing.

I don't cheat because in this case, it seems like I would only really be cheating myself. If I cheated my way through a quest or a tough battle, then I would not get to have the fun experience or the exciting and challenging battle.

If a mod is so boring or impossible that I start wanting to cheat, I usually just remove the mod from my system and play another one which is hopefully better.

I do have one account the I cheated to get to max level. He's a master at everything. I use him to test mods and whatnot. I do use the item room, beacause aparantly NO ONE EVER DROPS DEADIC SWORDS. EVER. I mean realy now, at least one person in oblivion should carry a deadic sword and shield!

What if its part of your characters back story: in vanilla you wake up in a cell, dont know who you are and have no idea what is going on...

...but just like Jason Bourne, he knows how to fight and fix weapons.

I added to my Orc, mastery level in both HandToHand and Armorer.

Kinda like Role Playing and cheating at the same time.

But I dont cheat at all the first time thru.

:thumbsup: 'cept for cash :rolleyes:

I hate Oblivion gates! They got old real quick, so I did cheat by adding Sigil stones to enchant things with. I do have the imperishable Varla Stone mod, so I wouldn't have to keep adding those. Other than that, no cheating. If I do, I get too bored real quick, takes away the challenge. I like leveling as the game intended and finding ways around things that appear to be obstacles to my in game goals.

I don't frown on cheating, on a large scale, it just ain't for me and how I play. :cool:

I use game cheats all the time, for all sorts of reasons, and in all sorts of games. I won't make any excuses. I love games that have cheats. Maybe that makes me a lame player, but I enjoy the freedom to make the game do what I want whether it's cheats or making mods that do what I want.

In fact, console-to-pc ports which do not have cheats cause me lots of aggravation.

I use spells created in the construction set like Nighteye, Light, Shield and such. I hate casting these spells over and over... so I create spells that last around 2 to 3 minutes in the CS with slightly more cost in magicka.

I level my characters normally... but 'cheat' in a way to get all my progression bars to 0% once my skills reach 100. I'll purposely lower and raise stats by a few levels in order to get the progress bars to be perfectly on 0%. It's pretty stupid, but little things annoy me like that. I'll even modify quest mods that add factions. I HATE seeing the word 'DUMMY' as the next rank, modders should start doing it the Bethesda way and add a fake rank called 'None'. But that's not really cheating...

I never use anything like TGM... There's already a 'god mode' called quicksave. ;) I spent ages clearing out a mine full of amazonian warriors (from OOO) at level 3 or so... Ended up with thousands of septims and a ton of half decent armour from the get go.

Doing things the hard way feels far more rewarding.

I use spells created in the construction set like Nighteye, Light, Shield and such. I hate casting these spells over and over... so I create spells that last around 2 to 3 minutes in the CS with slightly more cost in magicka.

I level my characters normally... but 'cheat' in a way to get all my progression bars to 0% once my skills reach 100. I'll purposely lower and raise stats by a few levels in order to get the progress bars to be perfectly on 0%. It's pretty stupid, but little things annoy me like that. I'll even modify quest mods that add factions. I HATE seeing the word 'DUMMY' as the next rank, modders should start doing it the Bethesda way and add a fake rank called 'None'. But that's not really cheating...

I never use anything like TGM... There's already a 'god mode' called quicksave. ;) I spent ages clearing out a mine full of amazonian warriors (from OOO) at level 3 or so... Ended up with thousands of septims and a ton of half decent armour from the get go.

Doing things the hard way feels far more rewarding.

You said a mouthful there sista! My sentiments exactly! :thumbsup:

why cheat? If you are bored and anoyed now by leveling etc imagine how bored and anoyed will you be when all is achieved and yes cheats gets you faster to that boring point

Only usefull commands for me are tcl , tfc and tm 1st im getting stuck in walls and rocks everywhere and tfc/tm i like takig screen shots