Killer Games - err ... gotta burn?

phoneyLogic

nicely compiled, those actual reasons for amok runs mavrosh :)

also your point about parental responsibilty is truly valid... still asking myself how these psychos got their hands on weapons in the first place, well maybe its due to clubs like the one we had in our school's cellar, which was a bloody shooting club with ranges and gun lockers, minimum age for wearing a small caliber gun was 14 back then -.- (its 16 now i think)!

that game burning kinda reminds me of book bunfires back in NS times btw... just wanted to say...

sadly this whole problem complex is really not just restricted to games...

our overly eager govs need to find reasons to exist and thus have to find stuff that makes us believe in what they do, cause actually they do poo, they just follow the orders of money creators like the ECB, IMF or FED and if the people would only see that theyd soon realize that governments are a thing of the past when barbarian hordes ravaged our lands or at least when our rulers where independant from those private orgs which control the financial world, thus they make a bunch of pointless laws we have to follow and can be kept occupied following them...

sadly many of those politicans dont even realize that themselves and actually believe that they do good lol... kinda retarded if you ask me...

regarding WoW, if people are getting addicted to their computers and virtual world somin is fundamentally amiss in our world and society... not saying games like wow or somin are bad, i made some good irl bbq friends myself with online games (not wow in my case tho) too but one shouldnt go crazy bout this stuff like some dudes do, those that starved while farming for virtual gold come to mind here or those that lost their jobs over it...

I think this debate will never end.

And we already do have one of the most restrictive Youth Protection Laws on earth. Most of the games are cut, doesn't matter if they are classified for parental use only or not. So most of the folks I know is already ordering their films and games abroad.

Maybe the politician thought that a ban would be the cheapest solution. So they can postpone the point on which they would have take some real money into hands, to hire more teacher and to lower the pressure at schools. ( The shootings mainly happened at high schools ... . )

We are just gamer. No one is running amok just because he/she played some video games or watched some movies :rolleyes: ...

But maybe this is too obvious

Btw:

The event yesterday was not very successful.

Only one or two dozen games have been disposed. Maybe they should have sth done with fire ^^.

Nevertheless they seems to plan to go on tour with their trash bin.

I think this discussion will never end.

And we already do have one of the most restrictive Youth Protection Laws on earth. Most of the games you buy in Germany are cut, doesn't matter if they are classified for parental use only or not. So most of the folks I know is already ordering their films and games abroad.

Maybe the politician think that a ban would be the cheapest solution. So they can postpone the point on which they would have take some real money into hands, to hire more teacher and to lower the pressure at schools. ( The shootings mainly happened at high schools ... . )

We are just gamer. No one is running amok just because he/she played some video games or watched some movies ... :rolleyes:

Btw:

The event yesterday was not very successful.

Only one or two dozen games have been disposed. Maybe they should have sth done with fire ^^.

Nevertheless they seems to plan to go on tour with their trash bin.

Yeah this is an old discussion, at it's core IMO it's a culture clash between those who embrace something & those who fear it.

I have heard that laws were very strict on games there (green blood & enemies had to be as unhuman looking as possible (don't know how true it is though that's what I've heard)

on the event:

In a way I'm surprised it that well, on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if some parents used it to get rid of their child's games.

• 1 year later...

IMO, if they go around shooting someone, then it is parent's fault for NOT READING THE DAMN EIGHTEEN LABEL.

If they are eighteen, then it's the German government's fault for allowing them to basically just run past the entire Police force, steal guns and kill people.