The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

- The Him:- Fever Ray - When I Grow Up

..you are too kind, The Him. Thank-you for causing me to research Fever Ray, The Knife, and Honey is Cool. All held interesting aspects in musical influences and progression within songs..

..and for you The Him..

HIM - Buried Alive By Love

..such a pretty boy.. wait did I mean HIM or you. ; )

-Kitten

- The Him:- Fever Ray - When I Grow Up

..you are too kind, The Him. Thank-you for causing me to research Fever Ray, The Knife, and Honey is Cool. All held interesting aspects in musical influences and progression within songs..

..and for you The Him..

HIM - Buried Alive By Love

..such a pretty boy.. wait did I mean HIM or you. ; )

-Kitten

ADORABLE - You meant the one you wished : my fictionnal being and my reall being tend to confusion, and although fiction will always be a step forward, I will be trying to catch up with it.

This is an interesting coincidence. Didn't know the existence of this group, and to be honnest it is not too much of my kind. However, The Him is actually a reference to a title from New Order. So its still about music.

I'm sure you know the band V :wink:

Although the song is far from being a masterpiece, it has a nice name and an inner power, viril depth that pleases, and maybe teases me. I think you might like it.

breathtaking during long lasting sensuel sex... hush

Of course my favorite from this album would be

And because, as simple as might sound, dreams just never ends.

New Order -

New Order -

..Joy Division and New Order were great bands. I'd dance to Bizarre Love Triangle (New Order) at a club called Business in Montreal somewhere in the mid 80's. Outside the club, my girl friends would sing True Faith (New Order) religiously and endlessly. I'd escape after the fifth rendition to another club called Les Foufounes Électriques and have my eardrums assaulted by The Sisters of Mercy or Ministry. I haven't listened to New Order much since the remix version of Confusion from the movie Blade. And what a great opening and 'club' scene that was. haha..memories..

The Chameleons UK -

(Live)

-Kitten

God ! You know The Chamaleons ! LOL

Here's my favorite one of them.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

And yes I know all the ones you posted. Ceremony is my masterpiece. But between Joy Division and New Order, Joy Division were far better in my opinion. Did you see the movie on Ian Curtis ? I thought it wasn't bad at all.

Montreal clubs in the 80' that must have been something !

-The Him: - Joy Division and New Order..

..Oh, I expected you to know those tracks, The Him. I'm glad you brought up the difficulty New Order (as a group) had with gaining separation from the success and imprint of Joy Division. I wasn't always so keen on the directions New Order would embrace in that pursuit. For example, I've never much cared for Blue Monday as a song.

..the 80's club scene in Mtl for me was about hearing music on a great system. Most clubs had terrible equipment, worse acoustics, or would just leave you deafened for a good hour afterward..however fashion and the girls were fun.. : )

..but back to 'feeling ancient' and how some 80's bands experimented with genres as they shaped their own sound, do you know or remember Tackhead? Those were the days of Adrian Sherwood, Doug Wimbish, Skip McDonald, and my absolute fav Keith Leblanc. Known as Tackhead, The Maffia, or Fats Comet they pushed limits in a way that, to me, New Order, The Smiths, The Cure, etc., did not.

..so old things new again..

Tackhead -

Keith Leblanc - Split The Planet

-Kitten

Well haven't being part of the eighties I only know the surface of it and bands that made it threw time such as The Cure, Smiths etc. So I hadn't heard about Tackhead neither Keith Leblanc therefore thanks for expanding my knowledge of that period :smile: .

Yet I find them hard to appreciate from my emotional standards. However, these are typically the kind of bands that structures a whole musical genre in the vaults of its pregnacy without never reaching the surface !

Well haven't being part of the eighties I only know the surface of it and bands that made it threw time such as The Cure, Smiths etc. So I hadn't heard about Tackhead neither Keith Leblanc therefore thanks for expanding my knowledge of that period :smile: .

Yet I find them hard to appreciate from my emotional standards. However, these are typically the kind of bands that structures a whole musical genre in the vaults of its pregnacy without never reaching the surface !

- An excellent observation, The Him. Of course sometimes such artists do find a means, if secondary, to participate in more current music production. What also intrigues me of such artists is how they were able to harness the technology of the day to weave new perspectives and progressions. Speaking of which..

Colourbox - Sleepwalker

Colourbox - Just Give Em Whiskey

..this track has samples of everyone from Joan Collins and Ronald Reagan to Patrick McGoohan (The Prisoner)..even that great science fiction film The Andromeda Strain (1971) makes a brief appearance..

Colourbox -

Colourbox - The Moon Is Blue

..sing this with me? : )

Feel these hands that

Shake this world

Then try to understand

When the light shines down

And the time goes slowly

When my mind's in the dusk

Scorched and dying

There's a pain in my hand

Inscribed to the sad and lonely

Now I feel so cold and alone

Thinking how long

Now if you had told me

She'll be coming back

And if you had told me

The clock was gonna fall

And if you had shown me

Some affection

I would have believed you

Don't tell me the moon is blue

(now you've let me go)

Coz tonight it's over

(now you've let me go)

Now the pain is in the dust

(now you've let me go)

And you can't find your blue moon

(now you've let me go)

Now it's over, oh

Tonight it's over

The pain was a shot

One, that couldn't be both ways

And tore my world apart

I could have feeled that moon so deep

But you wouldn't understand

(now you've let me go)

Coz tonight it's over

(now you've let me go)

Now the pain's in the dust

(now you've let me go)

(now you've let me go)

Now it's over, oh

Tonight it's over, ooh

Tonight it's over, oh

Over

Tonight it's over, ooh

Ooh

Tonight it's over

Oh oh over

Colourbox - Looks Like We're Shy One Horse

Charles Bronson: '..you brought two too many..' haha : )

..and almost to prove your point The Him, Colourbox eventually morphed into being M/A/A/R/S. This latter effort had huge early success, but due to their big hit being almost completely made of samples it all ended in litigation and tears.

M/A/A/R/S - Pump Up The Volume

..a tad commercial that one..but we can end with another gig Steven Young and Martyn Young (Colourbox) used to drop in on..

This Mortal Coil -

-Kitten

P.S. I hope my long posts in what usually is a quickie type thread aren't causing distress. : \

-Fifoo! Are you also a fan of Orbital? Shall we combine being a fan of..ahem..something and liking Orbital? And just how do you say 'Doctor!' : )

P.S. Sorry, I'm a huge fan of Orbital and a certain Lord of Time.

P.P.S. I had to include one

. This has an Industrial feel and you know me and Industrial bands from Sheffield. No? Well, yeah. Hehe. : )

Thanks, I'm a fan too and would love to see them in a Live party. :happy: And of course we can combine most of things...

But lets play the music... close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let the tune stimulate you... enjoy it...

Humate - Love Stimulation (Tom Middleton Remodel)

Tom Middleton - Moonbathing

- An excellent observation, The Him. Of course sometimes such artists do find a means, if secondary, to participate in more current music production. What also intrigues me of such artists is how they were able to harness the technology of the day to weave new perspectives and progressions. Speaking of which..

Colourbox - Sleepwalker

Colourbox - Just Give Em Whiskey

..this track has samples of everyone from Joan Collins and Ronald Reagan to Patrick McGoohan (The Prisoner)..even that great science fiction film The Andromeda Strain (1971) makes a brief appearance..

Colourbox -

Colourbox - The Moon Is Blue

..sing this with me? : )

Feel these hands that

Shake this world

Then try to understand

When the light shines down

And the time goes slowly

When my mind's in the dusk

Scorched and dying

There's a pain in my hand

Inscribed to the sad and lonely

Now I feel so cold and alone

Thinking how long

Now if you had told me

She'll be coming back

And if you had told me

The clock was gonna fall

And if you had shown me

Some affection

I would have believed you

(now you've let me go)

Coz tonight it's over

(now you've let me go)

Now the pain is in the dust

(now you've let me go)

(now you've let me go)

Now it's over, oh

Tonight it's over

The pain was a shot

One, that couldn't be both ways

And tore my world apart

I could have feeled that moon so deep

But you wouldn't understand

(now you've let me go)

Coz tonight it's over

(now you've let me go)

Now the pain's in the dust

(now you've let me go)

(now you've let me go)

Now it's over, oh

Tonight it's over, ooh

Tonight it's over, oh

Over

Tonight it's over, ooh

Ooh

Tonight it's over

Oh oh over

Colourbox - Looks Like We're Shy One Horse

Charles Bronson: '..you brought two too many..' haha : )

..and almost to prove your point The Him, Colourbox eventually morphed into being M/A/A/R/S. This latter effort had huge early success, but due to their big hit being almost completely made of samples it all ended in litigation and tears.

M/A/A/R/S - Pump Up The Volume

..a tad commercial that one..but we can end with another gig Steven Young and Martyn Young (Colourbox) used to drop in on..

This Mortal Coil -

-Kitten

P.S. I hope my long posts in what usually is a quickie type thread aren't causing distress. : \

V.

Great music ! I heard of Colorboux but never really paid attention to it until know... and it's really cool, except maybe for Moon in Blue which isn't as timeless as the others :biggrin: And I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear me sing, If you had heard me trying to :thumbsup: . M.A.R.R.S is cool, already knew it.

Now... This Mortal Coil... Oh my, I think I've found my new obsession for the next few weeks... THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I love it ! Have making researches. Currently stuck on this one (not cool clip though) :

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

I love anything that has a deep bass in it ! :biggrin:

:thanks: