The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

Currently listening to all the BGMs from the Battle Moon Wars games. Saber Lily's theme, in particular, is just beautiful.

After Darkness - The Funeral Procession

(I love this song... I had a very very bad car accident once while this one was playing in my car. Could not listen to it for a while but now it stands for that I am still alive. The name of the song "The funeral procession" is pretty sarcastic for the situation I was in back then.... :))

Sure, metal may be my favorite genre, but this is my favorite song ever.

GETbacon Posted Jun 17 2009, 05:01 AM

the newgrounds audio portal has a sub-genre called ska. It's a weird name but if you like the openings to anime shows or a lot of trumpet then this is for you

FREE SAMPLE -> http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/42742

Ska isn't a sub genre. It's one of the oldest genres about, just chronically under-listened to. Bands like Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, Less Than Jake, Mighty Might Bosstones, Smash Mouth, 7 Seconds Of Love are good examples, or if you prefer older stuff, Madness and such. You'll find that the older it is, the more Jamaican influenced it sounds. Check them all out, they're all awesome (I think on the last page I posted a 7 seconds of love song) :thumbsup:

Ah I love these threads lol

I listen to a lot of death metal and I mean A LOT. old In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, Amon Amarth, Moonsorrow, Kalmah, Catamenia, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Dethklok (lol), Finntroll, the list goes on. I likes me old school metal and classic rock though too :) Ya know...Pantera, Danzig, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Metallica :D

Currently listening to:

Catamenia- Hollowout-Chaosborn

Can it be more darker

Darker than your blackest mind

Can I or can it be seen

From the long distant far

Deep down in the void of soul

Soul cries for feed it's hunger

Nothing, nothing more it needs

Only the way to the darkest relief

Discourage…way of no belief…

All is useless…without the control (of soul…)

If there is a soul, there is darkness

If there is a soul, there is light

If you like melodic death/black metal, I suggest checking these guys out.

I've been through different kinds of genres myself Hiphop, Rap, Metal, Death, Goth, Alternative, Blues, Blahblah blah so on and so forth...

On to what I listen to at the moment...

Violent Femmes, Pantera and The Doors for something more recent...

Easy Star All-Star's

Radiodread

Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band

"She's leaving home... bye bye" Love it!

Silversun Pickups

This guys are popular enough already, so yeah, they're good.

Hopefully, next stop is a live Nina Simone Album. (If it's still there in the record bar)

I listen to a really large amount of genres

right now, I'm listening nothing, might start listening Alestorm in a moment, metal is not my favorite genre (I don't like most of it), but I gotta like this "Pirate Metal":

Keelhaul that filthy landlubber

send him down to the depths below

make that male without a father walk the plank

with a bottle of rum and a yo-ho-ho!

^

awesome, isn't it?

Rob Dougan- Clubbed to death

It's one of those songs you recognise but don't know where from.

And Rakkar, of course it's awesome! I saw them live a while back, they were so good.

Give me more wenches, wenches and mead!

• 2 weeks later...
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Yeah!

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">