• Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    • Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    • Argonian
    • Orsimer (Orc)
    • Khajiit
    • Breton
    • Nord

Unmodded = Imperial and Dark Elf are tied

Modded = Scarred Gothic Breton cause the rough beard scars and ice blue eyes make look badass

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with altmer. My favorites are wood and dark elves though. I'm about average height for a male but most of my friends are taller so I sorta relate to wood elves. Dark elves just look awesome. I picked Altmer though because you can totally break vanilla with them. Get them the apprentice sign so you have crazy tons of magika. Only problem is that mages will eat you until you get high levels of spell reflect.

You'll end up with enough magika to do 1200 damage with one spell ^__^ (provided you use a weakness spell). I think that's pretty good for vanilla.

I'm partial to Bretons myself. Find the MUNDANE RING and you become a GOD. You also get 50 extra Magicka.

In Morrowind, the 50% Reisistance to Magic became VERY HANDY when using the Boots of Blinding Speed.

Bretons are well-rounded and mysterious. Tired of all the males looking like aged monks tho (in Oblivion).

Yeah Dark Elves do look the most awesome though. Even in vanilla Oblivion the females were gorgeous compared to the other races.

Vanilla:

I personally prefer Argonians or Khajiit. For just one key reason.

Its ORIGINAL.

Elves, Humans and Orcs are in pretty much EVERY last RPG kind of game thats out there.

Humans, are in every single game in existance, apart from like.. virtual shooters and such. But you know what i mean.

--

Another Example, in World of Warcraft,

Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarfs. Again, races that are somewhat included in all RPGS.

Tauren, Undead (undead characters ain't playable in oblivion), Draenei and Gnomes are original.

--

I prefer the original kinds of races.

I have played a Demon mod which was very nice :P Can't remember what its called though as I haven't played Oblivion for a long time. but it has been posted here on the nexus