The worst game you've ever played?

Birrii

Well, I've encountered several low-quality games owing to three people in this family buying the games - diversity is bound to occur. I'll have to say that the games that are based on movies that are then based on novels are the most awful to me. They're awfully unimaginative, sometimes follow a simpler storyline than the movie/novel and most of the time the user interface is the most general one you can think of. Not that I've played nearly all of those games, but I've not met many good ones.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've encountered several low-quality games owing to three people in this family buying the games - diversity is bound to occur. I'll have to say that the games that are based on movies that are then based on novels are the most awful to me. They're awfully unimaginative, sometimes follow a simpler storyline than the movie/novel and most of the time the user interface is the most general one you can think of. Not that I've played nearly all of those games, but I've not met many good ones.

Agreed. One very good exception though is Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. :yes:

Worst game I've ever played?

Metro 2033.

Why? Because I wasn't able to play it, all it did was crash. I got like, 2 mins of playing out of it (PC). What a waste of money. Other than that, halo 3. Would've been a lot better if the majority of players were over 8 years old, and sounded more like people that god damn Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I can't really think of any game I own (Demos don't count towards this, in my opinion :P) that's really bad. Every game in my collection are games I've enjoyed at different times.

However, my least favourite is Far Cry; Instinct Predator. The entertainment value ran out really quickly on that one... Maybe it's just me being a lousy player, but I never got very far. Every time I had stealthed my way right to the checkpoint, some creature with the most accute vision in the history of the world would sight me through half a botanic garden and shoot my nogging off, making me go all the way back again... Fighting my way through, like I did in Crysis when I realized that discretion is the better part of valour, but flinging Koreans through walls work better for me, is not an option. So it's currently buried beneath games I do play. Poor thing... The sales bin were a better place...

Slight spoiler-warning on MW2.

Oh, and the MW2-campaign... I'm not offended, as I promised I wouldn't be, but I retain the right to say it's the most insipid and slightly xenophobic thing I've ever played. Since I refused to play Vietcong.

But then again... It might be a rather cunning parody from Inifinity Ward's part. 'I apologize, civilians of Russia, but I am an AMERICAN! This is okay when I do it!' *Bang bang bang, someone's beloved daughter who work day and night to pay for granddad's medication keel over*., followed by 'Ohmigosh! Retaliation attack! Not okay! CHAERG! When do we get to go to Moscow and dump Lenin's stuffed body in the company lantrine?'. And I admit I had quite fun playing it, at least the SAS-missions. But, yeah, if it's intended to be serious, then I'm not very impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive played a lot of games that made me angry, or disapointed, or that I took back, but here is my ten-up:

10: red factions: guerrilla, go in. blow up carbon fiber sheds. shoot armoured goons. rinse. repeat., also, terrible graphics, aweful controls lousy unimaginative weapons and no plot whatsoever.

9: fallout 3: abysmal gunplay, VATS for insta win. no stealth, terrible acting, no real character customisation and the whole thing felt like it was talking down to me.

8: assasin's creed 1&2 overhyped garbage, dumbed down press x to win with absolutely no dificulty whatsoever, the only way you can actualy die is by falling off a building, but no, haystacks take care of that too.

7: just cause 2: general waste of money, its a profiteering microtransaction filled lump of trash, worse combat even than FO3 and some missions simply wont work, whenever I started about half of the faction missions, I waqs instantly killed from falling.

6: GTA IV aweful graphics, unreliable, unimaginative and with THE worst gunplay in this ten up, whats worse, they give you half the game for 150$ then demand a lot more for the rest, not gonna happen rockstar,

5: resident evil 5: for fanboys only, outdated TPS with stone age controls, abysmal bosses, and such little entertainment value I returned it to the store after finishig it, which is more than I can say for #4

4: call of duty, modern warfare 2: aweful SP, aweful MP, bad graphics, bad acting, terrible storytelling, and in general, this game is a mediocre FPS with everything else tacked on.

3 battlefield 2142: I couldnt even play this game after I bought it, I bought my copy at electronics boutique in brisbane city, australia, which is on just about every atlas from the last 80 years. but due to antipiracy software in game, it couldnt verify my email adresses, all 3 of them, or my username, or where I lived, it as such i was permanently locked out of the game I had bought, it took EA 3 weeks to get back to me on my help n support request, and they didnt even answer 1 of my questions.

2 left for dead 2, well what isnt wrong with it? the australian version is a kiddie game and is lacking 90% of its meshes, the american version is just... mind numbingly bad. in every way possible,

1 mass effect 1&2: they had soo soo much promise, beautiful graphics, a huge budget, an extremely talented devteam but they were soo soo far from what they could have been, wooden acting, very little moral choice, numb combat, aweful controls, grainy graphics, aweful character creation, but worst of all, it just felt like baldur's gate 2 in space, and thats not even mentioning the rabid fanboys. 0/10

hate me or not for this bottom 10, these are my opinions on the worst games ever.

1 mass effect 1&2: they had soo soo much promise, beautiful graphics, a huge budget, an extremely talented devteam but they were soo soo far from what they could have been, wooden acting, very little moral choice, numb combat, aweful controls, grainy graphics, aweful character creation, but worst of all, it just felt like baldur's gate 2 in space, and thats not even mentioning the rabid fanboys. 0/10

hate me or not for this bottom 10, these are my opinions on the worst games ever.

The graphics are beautiful and grainy? Uh...

If by "acting" you mean "voice acting," then you are wrong. The voice acting was absolutely astounding and conveyed a great amount of emotion. More so than, say, Oblivion...

I love how you lumped the combat for both games into one generalized assumption... you do realized they retooled the entire combat system for Mass Effect 2, right?

Baldur's Gate 2 = Isometric perspective view.

Mass Effect 2 = 3rd person view.

Baldur's Gate 2 =/= Mass Effect 2.

I love how you listed for no reason how it's like Baldur's Gate 2... a freaking ridiculous comparison. Both are great games, but for completely different reasons.

firstly, this totaly underlines one of my points mentioned above, the one about community. this is a free forum to list the worst games you've ever played, and you've proceeded to rage at me for disliking Mass Effect. Yes, I deeply disliked both of these games. Yes, you obviously liked them, but really, is that a reason to be angry with me? not everyone is going to like the same things as you and some people may even have the guts to dislike something even though a lot of other people worship it. Its part of society. Deal with it. Beyond that, I think you are wrong, the female player character's voice in mass effect sounded wooden and robotic, and the majority of npc characters weren't a lot better, they were far better than oblivion as most bioware fans usualy tell me, but thats the whole point, oblivion is a pc rpg/fps with a very limited focus on the player's interaction with the npcs, you are pretty much limited to working for them, killing them, bribing them, or listening to their opinions on something, which are usualy trite and uninspiring, Oblivion's design always struck me as being focused more on the world, combat and creatures, Mass Effect always struck me as being designed as an interactive movie, and it really did have good moments, the combat system wasnt half bad, a few of the worlds looked nice and it did if nothing else look scifi, but I could never get immersed in it like I could with a really good rpg, like The Witcher or Fallout 3, it just couldnt make me feel like my character was anything more than a stereotypical space marine who simply went around shooting a bunch of Geth and mumbling at her crew, if you followed the script it wasnt bad, maybe even good, but if you deviated from the main path you wouldnt ever really find anything of interest, I tried a whole bunch of planets, but they never seemed to house much more than a few rocks, some canyons and a bunch of sand, there wasnt really anything to shock or astound me, every non quest world was a big red rock with maybe a caustic atmosphere and the occasional mineral desposite and crashed probe, but that was it. I never got to explore, and likewise for characters, I never got to do anything outside of what a stereotypical space marine would do. it wasnt a bad game at heart, but it just felt like I had a whole galaxy out there, but bioware had only put a few planets in, and half of those were either dust plain, ice tundra or algae fields. it had vast potential, but it never felt to me like it lived up to that potential. thats why I dont like it more than any other factor, flame me for it if you want, but thats my honest opinion and no amount of fanrage can change that. As for GTA, well, with that its a bit more clear cut. Mass Effect was an overhyped, but ok game that could have been wonderous. GTA felt like buying a tenth of a terrible game for full price, then being expected to pay another $400 just to get the content that should have been in it from the begining. at the point I played it my PC was down and out, having blown a graphics card, so I played it on xbox 360, I then spent several hours slogging through the main storyline in full faith that it would get better, but it just didnt, as the dificulty increased the gunplay, which from the start had been abysmal, even by GTA standards, became insuffurable, made even worse by aweful controls that seemed to punish me for trying to aim my gun, and a cover system that after Gears Of Wars and Ghost Recon AW 2, all but made me scream, suddenly, after all that hell, it was over again, and all of a sudden: endgame, at which point the only thing left for me to do was to wonder why I had bought the wretched thing the first place, for me a modern shooter needs 5 things: good controls, good visuals, a good storyline is critical, and it needs fun gunplay and a good multiplayer, GTA IV had none of those. I understand that even if you two even read this, which is unlikely, as you've both probably just labeled me as a hater or a @*$@# with no taste in games, but if you havent, here is my reasoning, this rant was directed at the games, not their players, who are perfectly welcome to their opinions, regardless of how said opinions differ from my own. :nuke:

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, sure. You use flame to describe some pretty light wording, though. If you've ever been properly flamed, you'll know the difference. I think he was just voicing his opinion, like you are now. As for Mass Effect stuff, I've never played it, but to me it really looks like a game no-one really agrees on as far as how good it is. To me it looks fun, but I've never really been into sci-fi, so aliens, other worlds and spaceships don't really appeal to me. That probably sounds like a ridiculous generalization, and I know there's probably loads more to it than that, but, as I said, I've never played it.

GTA IV: Hmm, I'm gonna agree with you on that one. While it didn't mess up my graphics card, it cost £50, took ages to install with 2 bsods, forced me to install vista service packs and took dependency on two programs... And that's just getting started. The graphics were admittedly very nice, but textures took a while to load and I got loads of 1 second stutters, even with the special drivers for it. And its not a problem with the graphics card, it runs Crysis on high detail fine, its just a really lousy port and the sort of thing which makes you think no company cares about the pc community any more, and think we'll buy their bad excuses for games, which are just ports from the xbox which as a result have bugs and problems, which generally never get fixed due to their half-assed policies which basically say "You've bought it. Its your problem now." Conclusion: This is the first Rockstar game I've bought, and its also the last.

BTW Vindekarr: flamers get banned, so you won't have to worry about that ;)

Vindekarr there are worse games than Mass Effect you know like games the list made in Wikipedia which I agree with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_notable_for_negative_reception

I'm just pointing out that there are worse games out there that we know of.

While I'm add it I find the worst games in existence are MMORPG like WoW and war games like Metal of Honour or Call of Duty. Nothing more than cash grabs