The worst game you've ever played?

Birrii

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Universal Combat! I had totally forgotten about this game as I only tried (tried being the operative word) playing it for about 2 hours. The game is just abysmal. It feels like you are playing Tron on an Atari. At the time it was supposed to be the strategy game. The worst part however was the person that created it.

When you went to the forums or emailed the guy asking questions his comeback was always did you read the manual? The problem was the manual was I think like 300+ pages long and you had to print it out from the disk. The technical support was just atrocious. The guy Derek Smart was just a complete ass about every aspect of his game and if you showed the least bit of criticism he would lose it and start insulting you, if you had questions that got past the "did you read the manual" response, he would accuse you of not being intelligent enough to understand what you were reading.

The guy had a "holier than thou I created this game I am the best I am a gaming god bow to me attitude". Probably the only person in my entire life who I would actually punch in the face for no other reason than just to show him that he is not all that.

I think games are either good or bad for different reasons and in different catagories. A single game can stand tall in one department, and yet die a death in another. For that reason, I've split my own personal nominations into the following catagories:

Note that some of the following are somewhat 'tongue in cheek'. :)

WORST GAME TITLE:

Valve for The Orange Box

Bohemia Interactive for ArmA and ArmA 2

Big Fish Games for Fairy Godmother Tycoon (Yes, it's genuine!)

WORST BOX ART:

Valve for The Orange Box

Big Fish Games for Fairy Godmother Tycoon

WORST CUSTOMER RELATIONS:

2K Games for Bioshock

Codemasters for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

WORST DEFAULT CONTROLS CONFIGURATION:

Bohemia Interactive for Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

Bohemia Interactive for Arma

Bohemia Interactive for Arma 2

MOST CONFUSING IN-GAME DIALOGUE:

GSC Game World for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

WORST & MOST CONFUSING LEARNING CURVE:

WORST IN-GAME DIALOGUE VOICE-OVERS

(Engage ... man ... at ... six o' clock) spoken in six completely different, terribly acted voices)

MOST BUGGED GAME ON RELEASE:

WORST GAMEPLAY:

Cauldron for Soldier of Fortune: Payback

WORST GRAPHICS CONFIGURABILITY:

WORST CASE OF PRE-RELEASE HYPERBOLE AND FALSE PROMISE

2K Games for Bioshock

Microsoft Game Studios for Halo PC

Peter Molyneux for absolutly anything he works on

Although I've nominated the Operation Flashpoint and ArmA games in several fields, I do actually like them, but they do tend to excel in 'badness' in certain areas.

... and so to the big one:

WORST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF PC GAMING

For me, there can be only one nomination:

Soldier of Fortune: Payback

My disappointment over this game was immense. I loved the original two games and to see the franchise so utterly destroyed by developers Cauldron was unforgivable. All they gave the PC was a rushed through, utterly linear, last-century, consolised lump of tat with pretty HDR effects thrown in to disguise its total lack of quality.

If you've never played it, I seriously envy you. You don't know how lucky you were to escape this abortion of a game. http://forums.tweakguides.com/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forums.tweakguides.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Ah, well. That was fun!

Stannie

I think EA might give them a run for their money in the Customer Relations department.

With Dead Space, they basically told my lefty-mousing friend to, in not so many words, kindly *censored* off. No, the controls cannot be fixed.

I think games are either good or bad for different reasons and in different catagories. A single game can stand tall in one department, and yet die a death in another. For that reason, I've split my own personal nominations into the following catagories:

Note that some of the following are somewhat 'tongue in cheek'. :)

WORST GAME TITLE:

Valve for The Orange Box

Bohemia Interactive for ArmA and ArmA 2

Big Fish Games for Fairy Godmother Tycoon (Yes, it's genuine!)

Universal Combat

WORST BOX ART:

Valve for The Orange Box

Big Fish Games for Fairy Godmother Tycoon

Universal combat

WORST CUSTOMER RELATIONS:

2K Games for Bioshock

Universal Combat & Modern Warfare 2

WORST DEFAULT CONTROLS CONFIGURATION:

Have to agree with ^

MOST CONFUSING IN-GAME DIALOGUE:

GSC Game World for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

WORST & MOST CONFUSING LEARNING CURVE:

Have to agree with ^

WORST IN-GAME DIALOGUE VOICE-OVERS

Have to agree with ^

(Engage ... man ... at ... six o' clock) spoken in six completely different, terribly acted voices)<--Exactly and robotic

MOST BUGGED GAME ON RELEASE:

Universal Combat

WORST GAMEPLAY:

Universal Combat

WORST GRAPHICS CONFIGURABILITY:

Universal Combat

2K Games for Bioshock

Most definately beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind Modern Warfare 2

Although I've nominated the Operation Flashpoint and ArmA games in several fields, I do actually like them, but they do tend to excel in 'badness' in certain areas.

... and so to the big one:

WORST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF PC GAMING

For me, there can be only one nomination:

Soldier of Fortune: Payback

Universal Combat

My disappointment over this game was immense. I loved the original two games and to see the franchise so utterly destroyed by developers Cauldron was unforgivable. All they gave the PC was a rushed through, utterly linear, last-century, consolised lump of tat with pretty HDR effects thrown in to disguise its total lack of quality.

If you've never played it, I seriously envy you. You don't know how lucky you were to escape this abortion of a game. http://forums.tweakguides.com/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forums.tweakguides.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Ah, well. That was fun!

Stannie

Now that is a break down, good job. :thumbsup: I added my own into your quote in red. This would be a good template for this thread.

2K Games for Bioshock

Have to agree with the Molyneux comment and I'm quite a large Lionhead fan. Good Idea to break them into segments think I might do that when I have the time.

• 1 month later...
FaceBreaker for ps3...button-mashing, nothing else..if you turn your tv off and always press the x button you have a chance of winning...

the difficulty...no chance for kids, cuz have to push x buttoon very, very fast...not much playable characters (only 12). Not much for ps3 game..

Isnt worth it 30-40 bucks..

Damn right :) Every word is true :biggrin:

I almost broke my gamepad when I tried to play this game. It's not even funny. What were the developers thinking about?..

My least favorite games would be the Guitar Hero and DDR series. I think the premise of these games are dangerous, as they essentially teach people to do exactly a machine tells you to, no strategy whatsoever.

My other least favorite Console game is Sonic Adventure, where you spent less than a third of the game as the title character. Instead, you got to play a robot that shoots stuff, a girl with a hammer, and a cat who fishes. Who wants to go fishing in a Sonic Game? With games like that, it is no wonder the Dreamcast failed. The whole Sonic series didn't seem to translate into 3D that well.

Masters of Orion 3: Complicated, I had no idea what the hell I was doing and it was boring.

Yeah, I waited years for that game to come out. When it finally did, that game was the most tedious thing I've every played, tons of Micromanagement. This was worse than Colonization II

all the GTA games are terrible in my opinion, never liked those games.

I liked Vice City. After that I believe Rockstar cannibalized the franchise.

Ugh... Now I remember another bad one...

Anyone recall the failure known as "Daikatana?" That game, with horrible graphics, AI, physics, and gameplay made by once-famous John Romero was one of the worst games I've played.

How about the guys in that game too whose heads bobbed up and down while they talked? :rolleyes:

I bought that game for the Nintendo64, I liked Goldeneye so much better.

Lighthouse, a game from early -90´s Horrible. Inbreakable ridles, and you needed to click on an exact pixel somewhere on the screen, to make something to happend. Never finished it :verymad: