Another Nexus?

MythicDawnAssassin

I've recently seen a forum under the name nexusforums.com and I was wondering if it is part of Dark0ne's work as well.

I tried to log in with my name there, but that didn't work, so it doesn't belong to this site.

I couldn't understand the purpose of that forum either.

I was wondering how a different forum could have such a similar name. Can be annoying too if you look for it on a search engine. Do members of this site often go there?

This is for a game named Nexus and has nothing to do with TheNexusForums. Agreed it can be confusing, but a quick look should be sufficient to differentiate them.

From their introduction

Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds (NexusTK for short) is a online roleplaying game owned by the company KRU. Nexon developed Nexus, which is known as Baram in Korea, back in the early 1990's in Korea. In 1995, it was brought to America to be developed for a US market. In early 1998, several Korean players began testing the new US Version of Nexus, and opened for a Beta test in the Spring of 1998. The rest is history and can be found throughout this site.

It appears they use the same icon as well.

That's because it is an Invision power board and the owner chose, like Dark0ne, to keep that icon...

Invision boards are very nice to manage...most people I know use the free version of invision or a zetaboard.

That person even bought it.

That site is nothing like our nexus. It's kinda wierd seeing the word nexus tiped so many times on a site that has nothing to do with TES games :P

I'll have to add that it's a bad idea to try and 'test out' a new site (that you may think is immitating another) by trying to login with your account and password.

Of course in this case it was alright in the end, but still...

Oops, I didn't think of that for one sec when I first found it.

It all started when I got a PM from another member which said some thing like: "If you have more questions you can find me at nexusforums.com."

I became curious. At first I thought his URL would automaticly redirect me to the.... When I saw something different I assumed that site was part of the Nexus family too (easy to assume, since the Nexus family already uses one database for multiple sites). So I tried to log in. Only when that didn't work I knew his URL was just a typo.

So my conclusion is: If you make a typo, while typing a URL, you will most likely end up at a completely different site.

A billion websites out there and only 0.1% useful. That's internet.