What Happened To Modding?

Xanorak

Hm, that's true..creating mods is one thing but getting clean ones is another one. People should start on with it right away instead of finding out after 6 months. But how would you ever pass on that message? There are pages that tell about cleaning mods, but those are primarily focused at things like unnecessarily modified cells/items. While something like an OnLoad script put on an object out of sight could dump items into containers/inventories and avoid a lot of trouble. Maybe an idea for an article to put at Modding Practices? I mean, I think that something could be written there about clean scripting as well. I've seen people using a constant running gamemode in a questscript at oblivion you wonder about which one will push the FPS down more than the other.

---

Although ...that first one could be done differently. Maybe forming standard of adding items to inventories to merchants. If you use a script that'll add the items from a container (that holds the script) and that'll add, onload, all of its items to a parent using removeallitems? That way they could put all the items in the container rather then scripting them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, most of those 10 mods I would downlod every day were the small ones. Small and simple, but can make a huge impact on the gameplay. I don't see those anymore... :(

so why don't you try makeing something...

+1

It doesn't take that long to learn- go ahead and try it.

I'm hoping that in time the modding community will speed up again once some oblivion modders move over, also I hope that as the community ages the good moders will stick around and hopefully those 13 year olds will move on.

you would be amazed about the amount of young aged people and their skills...I've seen a lot of them on the oblivion forum...you really want to see them stepping over.

I'm hoping that in time the modding community will speed up again once some oblivion modders move over, also I hope that as the community ages the good moders will stick around and hopefully those 13 year olds will move on.

I'm 14. Do you see me downloading rape mods or begging for Halo armor? I wanted something, I did something about it, and I've been doing something about it for the past 7 months of my life.

I can't speak for anyone else but when FO3 came out, I was a bit excited about the prospect of modding for it. I've been modding Oblivion for quite some time and the transition to it would be fairly simple.

However, I quickly found the initial Fallout crowd to be quite rude. I was a bit overwhelmed at all the attitude I was seeing. Granted, it was a great influx of people that were new to forums and such but I understood that it would pass with time as they would move onto the next big thing but there was a fairly large crowd of Fallout fans of the series that was very adamant about forcing their opinions on others in a very rude manner which didn't sit well with me. On top of that, the FO3 universe was not something that was my favorite genre. I am more of a swords and armor dude. I also don't have a lot of hobby time so I decided to stick with the mods I was already working on for Oblivion to get them finished.

I simply backed away from the Fallout scene.

LHammonds