What Happened To Modding?

Xanorak

One problem with the Fallout community is that it is that there are a lot of people who want to treat it like a FPS, and not an RPG, and they get annoyed and complain when everything doesn't work like a FPS.

And then the biggest problem are the people who don't even like Bethesda or Fallout 3, but just show up to constantly complain about how much better Fallout 1 and 2 were.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My beloved fallout is being ruined by Beth and modders, woe unto me.

I remember passing over dozens and more, threads leading up to F3 release, moaning about how beth was making "oblivion with guns" (I hate that phrase< and what a good idea aswell) and it wasn't a true fallout sequel. In the more earlier threads, these guys hadn't even seen any media in game,let alone played it. It just wasn't a a isometric turn based game, so therefore it is not fallout. there's obvious resentment still present today...

Bethesda has gotten a lot of flak over the years from players, and modders. often for good reason. Buggy games, also known for showing off features that aren't implimented in final product etc. but bringing an older classic to a modern era shouldn't be cause

This happened to a small degree with Oblivion. However the comunity by large, tended to agree, apples and oranges. While sequels they are, they are 2 totally separate and stand alone games. They are judged on their own merit and flaws. And those flaws are explited by modders into awesome mods :)