Nirnroot

pedantic

I seem to have a problem with the Nirnroot sound. I can hardly hear them even when I stand directly over them. So much for onboard sound!

Is there some way I can individually increase the attenuation of that one particular .wav file? If so, a little help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance. :confused:

I seem to have a problem with the Nirnroot sound. I can hardly hear them even when I stand directly over them. So much for onboard sound!

Is there some way I can individually increase the attenuation of that one particular .wav file? If so, a little help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance. :confused:

if you have an audio editor or ceateprogram,you may be able to set the sound up higher and then reinstall the file.Not sure as I've never tried it,but its a suggestion. :biggrin:

Hmmm.... Thanks to your encouragement Dezzi, I had a little play in the editor.

I changed the Minimum Attenuation Distance from 50 to 45

I changed the Maximum Attenuation Distance from 2100 to 2700

I changed the Static Attenuation from -15.2db(FS) to 0db(FS)

Of course, this was after a lot of 'suck it and see'. I can now almost imperceptibly hear a Nirnroot

at ten game paces away. Not wanting to gain an unfair advantage, nor disadvantage myself, I'd very

much appreciate it if some kind soul would let me know from how far away they percieive the awful

din these plants make.