A New Daedric Prince

zprospero

Well, I've tried it using a variable to prevent it recurring, but it doesn't fix the problem. The exact

same thing keeps happening regardless of what I do. I even disabled all the references before moving

them and then re-enabled them after the move, but this bug still happens.

And yes they are all permanent references.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt this is a game bug, it sounds more like a var that was changed when entering throught the door, that therefor it gets stored into the savegame as game it's autosaved on cell loading, or maybe the script that has to do all this things halts at some point and refuse to still running due to some "bad" command that doesn't CTD. The best thing is to debug your own script printing a comment, line by line, and then check where it gets wrong.

Woohoo! I fixed it!

Thanks for all the help, grmblf. That was the only bug I was actually aware of and it was, well, bugging me.

I set all the books to initially disabled, enabled them onActivate, then moved them and added the kill spell,

then set a variable so that when it went to MenuMode, instantaneous after death, it automatically disables

all the books if the onActivate variable is set.

It works like a charm. I've killed myself many many times and the bug never occurred.

(This is posted in the thread my sig links to as well)

Here is the playtesting beta. Everything necessary should be there.

Playtest Beta

You must have Shivering Isles and have beaten the Main Quest of the game to

play it. The dremora will find you on his own, but you can speed it up by waiting

near the Shrine of Mephala.

I've left out the most buggy scripts, so some special things that were meant to

happen won't in this version. The reward at the end is also unfinished, just a sample.

It's a somewhat large file because it includes silent mp3s, created with TES4Gecko,

so you can actually read all the text.

Final note, I like to mod Oblivion, but I'm not much of a player, so some things

might be ridiculously hard, really I was just trying to get everything to work.

I'm aware of several things that I plan to improve. Oh, and when you recieve

the 'Ealdor's Intervention' spell, don't use it until you're told. I haven't written

in the proper restrictions yet.

• 3 weeks later...

***SPOILER ALERT!***

(Also, here's the beta the above link is broken: Link)

This post (and others, if needed) will contain all compiled dialogue.

I'll withhold dialogue from parts that I have

explicitly claimed.

I will update this page by quest when

I feel I have the dialogue finalized.

There are still parts available for willing voice actors!

(PM me if you're interested)

Here's a full cast list:

Already Cast Parts:

Ealdor (Male, Altmer) - DagonTheranis

Ealdor's Herald/Izdubar (Male, Dremora) - zprospero

Divayth (Male, Dunmer) - zprospero

Pallas (Male, Altmer) - zprospero

Available Parts:

Syrgja Wulfharth (Female, Nord) - Older woman, motherly

Pelinal Wulfharth (Male, Nord) - Younger man, 20-ish

Gamme (Female, Dunmer) - Younger woman, 20-is

Nel (Female, Breton) [Very small part] - Intellectual

Ino (Male, Altmer) [Very small part] - Intellectual

Io (Male, Imperial) [Very small part] - Intellectual

Hides-His-Eyes (Male, Argonian) - Older, argonian

Captain Bryethja (Male, Nord) - Loud, rude, and :pirate:-y

Arkon (Male, Orc) - Intellectual

Tybalt, the Collector (Male, ?) - Older

Director's notes will be enclosed in ().

Quest 1: Finding the Tower

Ealdor:

Greetings, Champion! Or goodbye, I can't quite remember which. It is so good of you to have done whatever it was that I called you to have done.

I am Ealdor, Master Chronomancer... You do know what that is? The magic of time alteration? Oh, well. I supposed it hasn't mattered.

(To himself)If I'm explaining this then we are in trouble...(/) Anyway, yes... uh... Ealdor, Master Chronomancer, Witness of Hermaeus Mora, and... person.

Well, I am so glad that my herald will give you that letter and you will come here and talk with me.

Player: What?

Ealdor:

Oh, I'm sorry. You see, being a chronomancer, I sometimes forget exactly what has or hasn't happened yet, or what's happening right now.

Has your head always looked like that? Unfortunate.

Yes, you're the one who helped smite Mehrunes Dagon, aren't you? (Flat and uninterested) Well, huzzah for you, yes. (/)

You destroyed systems that were in place for ages and, though may not be aware of it, you have plunged what is left of the empire into grave danger.

Or not. It may have been someone else, who may or may not be dead, or even exist. Oh, well. Anyway, that has little to do with why I called for you.

I just thought it was an interesting side note.

Player: Why did you call me here?

Ealdor:

I need your help. Or someone like you, someone with perhaps a less misshapen head.

I need you to do something for me, several things, actually. I'm building something you see. Something very unique.

For an ...experiment... of mine. You will be richly rewarded for you efforts. Perhaps I'll even make you immortal. Maybe. Will you assist me?

Player: No.

Ealdor:

(Calm and cool) Perhaps, I didn't make myself clear. Will you assist me with my experiment or do I age you and all of your possessions to dust?

Player: Yes.

Ealdor:

Excellent. First things first. I need some yarn, a petty soul gem, empty please, and a head of lettuce. Now, toddle off!

Quest 2: Errand

Ealdor (Player does not have items):

Have you forgotten? I thought it a simple errand. I asked you to get me some yarn, a head of lettuce, and a petty soul gem. Go on, get!

Ealdor (Player has items):

What? Why are you bringing me these? I asked...

Oh, wait. My mind must have been elsewhere when I gave you my instructions.

I thought you were my old apprentice, Earil. I loved to waste his time with pointless busy work. Always afraid he'd disintegrate at any moment.

Well, thank you anyway. You can keep the items. Come back later and I'll have something more topical for you. Take this for your trouble.

Quest 3: Haj-Ei (Hides-His-Eyes)

Ealdor:

Ah, good. You were here. I have another task for you.

Yes, on to the real business. In order to make the Mantella we'll need...

Did I not mention the Mantella? Well, I will. Now, actually. The Mantella is a large green soulgem which is the 'Heart' of my experiment.

The original is gone so we need to make a new one. Don't worry, there won't be any nasty numidium business.

Player: You need what to make this thing?

Ealdor:

Oh, sorry. Got foggy for a minute.

I require Hist Sap. In gigantic quantities. Unfortunately, there's only one place you can get it in all of Cyrodiil

The Blackwood Company in Leyawiin (disgust)

You may or may not know them yet, but you will come to hate them, and if what will happen has happened, I cannot undo it.

The magic of the Hist is greater than my own.

Fortunately, we won't need to deal with them in particular, just a former associate. Fascinating fellow, called Hides-His-Eyes, Haj-Ei in Argonian.

I can't quite remember what happened, but he used to be a slave in Morrowind, a cunning fellow. He was attacked once, by someone, I don't know who.

Perhaps a slave trader, or a wandering adventurer. I can't recall, they thought he was dead, but the Hist sap in his system kept him alive.

So he came here to escape persecution. He's in Leyawiin, when you've convinced him to deliver Hist sap for my research, give him this note.

Player: This is a blank letter.

Ealdor:

What? Of course it is. The words will only reveal themselves to him.

I'm going to have to carefully extract the items out of time from secret places where nothing lives.

The results could be... unpredictable otherwise.

He will be able to read it, I assure you. Now, go.

Haj-Ei:

You want something?

(Fear)What are you talking about? There is no Hist sap here. Are you with the Company? (/) No... Oh... Good. I hate the Blackwood Company.

Player: Then why do you wear the armor?

Haj-Ei:

Because, this is Leyawiin. The armor protects me from more than just knives and arrows. The Countess is not found of Argonians.

But why do you come to me looking for Hist Sap?

Player: My employer needs it for his research.

Haj-Ei:

Research?

Oh, I recall hearing once that Hist sap can be congealed into an amber-like substance that acts as a powerful soulgem.

Player: How the hell do you know that?

Haj-Ei: (Audition Sample Line)

In Morrowind, I was a slave, I did all the work I had ever planned to do and then some. Here, I do nothing all day long, but sit, drink, and read.

It doesn't matter though, as long as you swear to me you will not go near those Blackwood bastards, I will help you, but first I must ask a favor.

I cannot leave Leyawiin, you see. The Blackwood Company's agents would no doubt murder me because I know their secret.

Even worse, the Countess has a nasty habit of taking wealthy Argonian strangers to the castle and making them disappear.

So I cannot spend my wealth as extravagantly as I would like. Witseidutsei, the owner, is my lover, you see.

I want to give her a special present, but I can't get it, so I'll you some money. Get me a gold diamond ring.

Now, go. I don't want to wait too much longer.

Have you brought the ring?

You don't have it yet? Well, keep trying.

You have it?

Wonderful! Thank you, my friend.

Witseidutsei has always wanted a Cyrodiilic wedding and believed the ring was absolutely necessary.

Now I can make her my mate officially.

Player: You do know that it's not necessary to...

Haj-Ei:

Of course, I do. Just don't tell her that.

Quest 4: Soulgems

Ealdor:

Yes, Divayth, I...

Oh. Sorry. I was... elsewhere.

I need you to get me two strong souls for the organic bits of my machine.

Organic Telvanni structures, like my tower, are grown using these. Storm Atronach souls are the only ones that will do.

I probably already have some in my cupboard, but I have to keep you busy don't I?

Oh, good. The quality of these souls is somewhat lacking, but they'll do for my purposes. Thank you.

What? You've given me the soul gems, what do you want?

Player: My reward?

Ealdor:

I see.

Helping someone become a god isn't enough for you?

Fine. After the next little errand.

Player: Become a god?

Ealdor:

Oops.

I supposed I should elaborate on my plan, now.

Look, there was a magic stone called the Heart of Lorkhan, the Dwemer found it and perfected a way of utilizing it's powers.

Well, perfect is probably the wrong word. Kagrenac, the Dwemer's head wizard, blew his race out of existence. I think.

Shortly afterward three Chimer warriors took the power of the Heart. They made themselves into gods, the Tribunal.

Of course, Azura had to step in and wag her finger at them. Turned the Chimer into Dunmer, but what was done could not be undone.

Anyway, later on they lost the Heart to Devil Dagoth Ur, and Azura sent a champion to destroy the Heart. Which they did.

So, I need to create a counterfeit version of Lorkhan's heart. Then, using it, I will make myself into a daedric god.

Player: Why do you want to do this?

Ealdor:

When I was much younger I saw the uncloaked face of Nocturnal. I was driven mad, but not debilitating so.

I fell in love with the daedric goddess.

It's a madness I cannot purge. She will be mine. (This is his obsession, so this bit should be intense but quiet, more to himself)

Only with the Counterfeit Heart can this be done.

Quest 4: The Captain

Ealdor:

It looks like we'll need some smugglers for the dwemer parts I need. Go to the Anvil docks, a new ship is supposed to have arrived recently.

(If player tries to speak again)

I'm very busy right now.

What? I'm a chronomancer, I'm doing twelve things at once right now. Your narrow point of view can only see me in this timeline.

Now, off with you! (Not yelling, just annoyed)

Captain Bryethja: What the hell do you want?

Player: My employer needs you to smuggle...

Captain Bryethja:

Oh, you want me to smuggle something? Isn't that quaint. (Friendly)

HEAR THAT FOLKS, THIS FELLA WANTS ME TO SMUGGLE SOMETHING! (Still friendly, but loud enough for everyone to hear)

Did you perhaps notice something missing from this dock?

LIKE MY BOAT FOR INSTANCE?! (Very angry and loud)

You know, when I last saw it was here. (Friendly, and slowly building up)

Not over there.

Not over there, but

RIGHT HERE!

I hope the guards get a good laugh at this. Asking me to smuggle something with the ruins of my ship in the bay! (Loud, but to himself)

Player: Do you know what happened?

Captain Bryethja:

Oh, I know.

My crew got drunk and took it for a little joyride.

Got themselves all killed.

Idiots.

What's worse is my key was in my cabin and the mast fell into the door.

(Gets an idea) Say, can you swim?

Player: Swim?

Captain Bryethja:

Well, you could to get to my cabin through the gash they put in the side of the ship. It won't be easy though.

The wizard that hired us sent a daedra to protect the cargo. I think it killed some of them when they were drunk and caused the wreck.

Not to mention my pet.

Player: Your pet?

Captain Bryethja:

Picked it up in Vvardenfell. We kept it in the bilge, but it was making a lot of strange noises. If your lucky it was dying. If not...

Well, I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle.

The daedra's what you should worry about. And maybe my crew...

My gran said I have some of the voice of Skyrim, so some of my curses might have taken more effect than I intended.

Mudcrabs too. You ever see one of those things strip a corpse? They can take a body down to the bones in a few hours. Horrible things.

Anyway, if you go get my key I'll get whatever items your boss wants. Take this ring. It'll let you breath water.

It'll be dark in there too, and torches don't work well underwater, you should probably get something to help you see better too.

Player returns without key:

Do you have the key?

No?

Then why the hell are you bothering me? Get me that damn key!

Player returns with key:

You have they key?

Good! Now I can get the loot from the...

Well, that's no concern of yours. You can keep my ring, and anything else you found in the ship. What do you want and where do you want it?

This letter? Good enough for me. Consider it done. Thanks for the help.

Ealdor:

Did you succeed?

You did? Good.

What did you say?

A wizard hired them and sent a daedra with them as a guard? (Clearly means something more to him)

Well, you survived, that's what's important.

I'm feeling generous and I did promise you a reward for your work.

Player: My reward?

Ealdor:

There. I've cast a chronomantic spell on you. Your knowledge of the blade, alteration magic, and your ability to sneak have all been increased.

You're going to need it.

Hm, 'The file link that you requested is not valid.'

I've played the other, it ran without problems. Nice work. I'd suggest to use move the quest marker towards the portal that Divanyth summons as it'll stay there now. Lol, although you can look up and spot it further away..my initial thought was that the quest wasn't updated ;). (Maybe I'm referring to wrong one, I can't re-check it because of the lack of time..sorry :))