After playing Fallout 3

Harabec Weathers

I don't see how you could not see D2 as a dumbing-down of Diablo. But then, you thought D2 was actually harder than Diablo.

About the only compliments I can give to D2 is that it's "bigger" than its predecessor and has a few UI improvements. (more hotkeys, configurable left click actions)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's see shall we....

• Easy-mode corpse retrieval. Pansies.
  • Health/Mana regen. Even bigger pansies.
  • Easy-mode monsters that are mere annoyances, speedbumps rather than opponents. And even when you do manage to get into trouble, it's easy to simply run away.
  • On that note, does stunlock even exist in D2? No, seriously, does it?
  • Easily-obtained and set-in-stone skills--no Rogue Mini-mages, Sorc turtle-mages or crazy Warrior Micro-mages, need apply!
  • Complete lack of cursed gear -- Sorry stealthers, no more sneaking around for you. And absolutely no Beyond-Naked Mages! Or anything else, for that matter.
  • More common Uniques make being a SNOB less of a challenge.
  • The Amazon class. 'nuff said.

And that's just what I can quickly remember...

Alright, I'll grant you one thing: Diablo himself, IIRC, is generally harder to beat in D2 than he is in Diablo Classic. He doesn't quite make up for the rest of the game though.

I'm not saying Diablo Classic is without flaws. Far from it, it has many of them, many of which D2 fixed or avoided entirely. Unfortunately, D2 has bigger problems than a few technical glitches.

Now I mreally curious as to the remark "Amazon class. enough said".

Ummm......Rogue????

I fail to see the negative corrolation youre going for there.

As of the rest of it, most of it is YOU'RE personal preference.

"no Rogue Mini-mages, Sorc turtle-mages or crazy Warrior Micro-mages, need apply", ah so you relied on Stone Curse, CHain Lightning, and Flame Wave. That some variation you got going on. All three character types relying on the same strategy.

Im glad stunlock is gone, it was garbage anyway. Yea a games a hell of a lot of fun when you fight one guy stun stun stun stun stun stun dead. Wow that sure was fun!

"Sorry stealthers, no more sneaking around for you. And absolutely no Beyond-Naked Mages! Or anything else, for that matter." Ummmmmm.....wth is a "Beyond-Naked Mage"? oh and there is no stealth function or sneak key in Diablo btw. Just throwing that one out there since you seem to really think you could actually "sneak around".

Once again everything you stated is personaly preference. Both games had almost the same interface. Same combat system. Attack rating, defense rating, block chance, resistances, etc.

Yes D2 on normal difficulty was pretty easy, but play that game on Hell difficulty. "Simply run away" wont work there scooter.

I never really played the first 2 fallout's but I did play to death oblivion and a quick romp in morrowind and I could realize that every thing was dumbed down to the extreme.

In oblivion you could chose top, bottom, footwear, gantlets, helm, jewelry, and that was good enough for me then I saw what you could do in morrowind and was blown away from just that little bit and if it was just a little bit more user friendlier then it would great and then I played fallout and was a Little peeved when you could chose helmet or hat and glasses and a suit, well I think tailor maid fixes that, It should be bethesda's job to do stuff that should be rudimentary and when a game that is 10 years old manages that you have FAILED.

I think bethesda gotten too reliant on the community as it seems with each game quality seems to slip more and more, I think that bethesda train of thought is like this>.morrowind"we're going to make a game that secures our history in gaming!" oblivion "We're going to make a great game that will tell and epic story, oh, and captain picard, and we could leave out some stuff since the community will fix some of our mess ups, but nether the less great." fallout 3 "just make a game that's somewhat functional, interesting, and fun, screw story. Then we'll release it no matter how buggy and we'll make millions and the non-profit community will put in all the stuff that we should have put in and maybe fix some stuff with paches, hahahah"

to quote ben "Yahtzee"or dr. ashen I forget

you couldn't get away with this in the commador 64 days otherwise you'd be crushed by the company brontosaurus.

That's all I have to say about the subject

hehe that's why wonderful modders make such wonderful things ^_^ But yeah...Beth was kinda lazy on that part...I hate the old interface, I refuse to play the game with it.

Haha...I love it...Diablo II is good because of what it is....just the whole design of it was crazy for the time... and you can make one uber lightning sorc ;) (VanishingLight on USEast *wink wink*) and one crazy barb with the right gear. The hardest part of that game is trading for fricking high runes to get that gear (and Uber Trist if you don't have a smiter :P) Haha, Amazons used to be so godly back in 1.09...

hehe that's why wonderful modders make such wonderful things ^_^ But yeah...Beth was kinda lazy on that part...I hate the old interface, I refuse to play the game with it.

Haha...I love it...Diablo II is good because of what it is....just the whole design of it was crazy for the time... and you can make one uber lightning sorc ;) (VanishingLight on USEast *wink wink*) and one crazy barb with the right gear. The hardest part of that game is trading for fricking high runes to get that gear (and Uber Trist if you don't have a smiter :P) Haha, Amazons used to be so godly back in 1.09...

Haha I loved playing as a Paladin. I made like 8 or 9 high level paladins over the course of my gameplay. my highest level was my 89 Paladin Harabec lol. I hated people who always wanted to duel. Duel duel duel its lame lol. I always build my pally for gameplay not lame dueling.

Zeal, Fanatcism, Holy Shield, and Charge. Wicked combo lol, plus everyone in my party got a nice bonus from Fanaticism Aura :)

I remeber I had a socketed Baranar's Star, and an elite Enigma plate armor haha, also had Sanctuary in a Aerin Shield.

Lol that character was my best, had like 1500 health, some 14000+ defense, all resistances maxed in hell difficulty. I miss that paladin haha.