Borderlands players - Role-call

Dark0ne

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm an avid Borderlands player on Xbox LIVE. Well, maybe not anymore. When the DLC (Claptrap) comes out and I find some people IRL that wanna play a bit, I would definitely be in for another playthrough.

I have a level 61 Siren with a copy of every orange gun that isn't a chimera. Still have to get that. All achievements except for Mad Moxxi...even if one changes the level cap of all the monsters, it still will take a ridiculously long time.

I think Sirens are arguably the best class, especially if one chooses to play alone, but other classes are fun too. Berserker is the most fun if you ask me, though he may really need lots of HP support.

Couple tips regarding guns:

- Know how elements work. Shock is good for shields (Guardians go down quickly with Orion) Fire is good for flesh (Volcano) Explosive is good for vehicles and is just all around fun to use and corrosives make short work of armored opponents (Crimson Lance.) Avoid corrosive weapons that do lots of damage in one shot (such as snipers.) Corrosive works best when you hit opponents multiple times and snipers aren't very useful for that.

- Find a balance with your guns. It needs to have good firerate, a good clipsize, good accuracy AND good damage. Depending on your gun however, you can sacrifice a few aspects though. For example, to beat Crawmerax (personally,) I used Jacob's Skullmasher. It isn't the best SkullMasher out there but for boss fights it is pretty handy; bosses don't take elemental damage all the time and are big too. That makes it easy to land critical shots and my teammates can cover me if needed. As a Siren, it is also possible to do some hit-and-run.

I currently use (just by memory:)

Pestilent Defiler Revolver (x4 Corrosive)

Volcano Sniper (x4 Fire.) Finally found a really good one after a ton of hunting...these babies are pretty common on playthrough two.

Double Anarchy...with desert camo (140ish damage x4 I believe.) IMO these are the best kind of gun in the game. A good one beats every gun out there IMO for super high health enemies along with a high crit damage build.

Some sort of rocket launcher (when not using Orion.) They have fun effects and I just use them for kicks.

Have yet to get all Pearlscents and I've been quite unlucky. Only found one so far.

I have a mighty collection, and you're really missing one vital tool in every Siren's arsenal:

Dahl RF-4 Bad Hornet. Type: Repeater pistol, DPS: Gigantic, why so badass? well it's a tiny pistol that doesn tiny single shot damage, but it empties it's 24(12, but with doublshots) shot magazine with pinpoint accuracy in 1.1 seconds and despite it's tiny proportions and low dps, is still a full Corrosive level X4 weapon-the same as the Defiler. It's acid damage over time makes this little guy one of the most terrifying dps guns a LOT of money can buy.

My arsenal: Hyperion Genocide Cobra assault rifle, a burst fire semi auto with 98.8 accuracy and a VAST critical hit damage buff(225%) and not only that, but the biggest assault rifle damage I've ever seen at level 50, 288 per shot.

SnS Vicious Lance Sniper-only does standard damage but with a ten shot mag, 96.8 accuracy, and 980 damage per shot, this monster of a Sniper Rifle is my longgun of choice. I'm something of a collector though, I've got all the best sniper rifles save the Orion, and that's the best non ela.

Hyperion Nidhogg. Named after the Norse DeathDragon, who lay buried underground, slowly eating away at the roots of the Tree Of Life, my only heavy weapon is this huge flak cannon. So accurate you can sniper with it!

Vladof Fatal Shotgun(purple, level 50) My personal choice of close encounter fun, this isnt the most punishing of shotguns for dps, but it lets rip a withering tide of fully automatic high power rounds-it may not be the DP-SHOT king, but it sure as hell out DPS-s anything else.

And lastly sidearms: RF-4 Bad Hornet(GOLD, level 47) melts enemies with terrifying speed, phenominal damage over time-those dozens of shots really stack up!,

SnS Double Fury(purple, level 49) this little slugger lets loose the most withering torrent of fire possible. It has a 68 round mag, but empties it in under two seconds, and fire two shots from each one notch. With 225 damage per shot and an unmatched rate of fire, this makes a great close in shredder.

And my finaly trusty and much used personal sidearm, the Jacob's Stabilized Unforgiven(GOLD, level 49). A terrifying hybred of a revolver and a sniper rifle, this 800 damage per shot monstrosity actualy has stats off a high end sniper, 800 per shot(with skills), 97.2 accuracy, and a slow firing six shot drum. Terror incarnate, especialy with that 2X scope.

I've got some other favorites, and all the main classics like the Defiler(I love that thing, but it's a bit impractical to use two revolvers, though the DOT is epic) but those are my favorites.

My elemental damage is very high and already takes care of armored opponents easy. "Give Sick" makes corrosive more contagious. 3.7x zoom for corrosive sniping (without the drawbacks I mentioned due to firerate and around 500 dmg a shot.) In close quarter areas, I would just use that orange shotgun that also has x4 corrosive on it. A good repeater is the Firehawk (is that the name?)

Seriously though, the Double Anarchy destroys nearly everyone as long as you got the ammo to supply it. Just do the math. Well, I've actually never done it myself so lets do it.

----------------------

With High Velocity in my branch, assuming my anarchy does about 160 damage a bullet (I just checked,) I get 20% extra damage along with some added bullet speed. According to Borderlands wiki, the damage for this gun can be around 200 (!) damage max, but I'm gonna stick with my stats.

160 x 1.2 = 192 dmg

(I don't use Lilith's Enforcer skill so lets omit that. But when killing opponents, I could get more damage.)

Magazine size is 76, shooting four bullets at the same time.

192 x 76 = 14592 (all bullets just connect.)

Of course, on critical, I get massive damage bonus. With Slayer, I get an extra 25% plus double damage, so 225%.

192 x 2.25 = 432 a shot.

432 x 76 = 32832. (Drilling a clip into a boss's head or something.)

And this is without the class modification I personally have, which adds 56% SMG damage and without any partner buffs.

Incredibly low accuracy (30%ish) makes this more like a shotgun. Average reload time. Fire rate is 12.5, which is the best I've seen (but can be a little better.) But man, it packs a punch...especially with the class mod. Well, maybe more than a punch. More like being hit by a truck. Plus, Sirens can hit and run if the player and opponent start exchanging damage at close range.

----------------------

Oh yes, and the Nidhogg (while really awesome) is really impractical but has a really high potential damage for a rocket.

It's a hell of a gun that's for sure.

I sort of miss the early level scattershot revolvers-you just dont see those past level 35, and I miss em, they used to be BRUTALY damaging. I mean, look at these for stats: 344 damage X 11, 150% crit damage boost, six round mag, cylender empty in 3.9 seconds. Thats MASSIVE DPS.

I also have a thing for Cobra guns, A lot of manufacturers make a Cobra assault rifle, but the Hyperion ones, especialy the purple and gold grade ones, are just epic. Cobras are basicaly burst fire sniper rifles. Tiny magazine(12) and firing in three shot bursts, but these are my absolute fave gun. If you get a good one, the Genocide Cobra(purple, level 49) is the best, and have atleast 35+ assault rifle level, then your damagedealing ability is simply epic against virtualy all small mobs. It's strengths are it's almost constant headshots, not other weapon has that much unscoped accuracy except mkay some revolvers, and with 400-700 damage per shot un-skilled, and a large crit buff, these are the ultimate bandit shredder.

For lance mercs, I hit and run with my Hornet. It may be tiny, but that thing's stacking acid damage, and the fact that it does big acid damage that stacks high incredibly quickly with 94% corrode chance, means you can just pop up, empty your mag(it fires a whole mag in under a second) and wait for the acid to run it's course.

For Skags I've got a pair of big Torgues. A Mauler assault rifle, which is statisticaly an AK-47, 24 round mag, medium rate of fire, big damage and OK accuracy, but no scope or sights. And a terrifying SMG. The SMG is my preffered weapon rather than the anarchy. It's also a double, stats: 144 X2 damage, 15.8 rate of fire, 68 round drum, 2.4X sights, and 88.2 accuracy.

My elemental damage is very high and already takes care of armored opponents easy. "Give Sick" makes corrosive more contagious. 3.7x zoom for corrosive sniping (without the drawbacks I mentioned due to firerate and around 500 dmg a shot.) In close quarter areas, I would just use that orange shotgun that also has x4 corrosive on it. A good repeater is the Firehawk (is that the name?)

Seriously though, the Double Anarchy destroys nearly everyone as long as you got the ammo to supply it. Just do the math. Well, I've actually never done it myself so lets do it.

----------------------

With High Velocity in my branch, assuming my anarchy does about 160 damage a bullet (I just checked,) I get 20% extra damage along with some added bullet speed. According to Borderlands wiki, the damage for this gun can be around 200 (!) damage max, but I'm gonna stick with my stats.

160 x 1.2 = 192 dmg

(I don't use Lilith's Enforcer skill so lets omit that. But when killing opponents, I could get more damage.)

Magazine size is 76, shooting four bullets at the same time.

192 x 76 = 14592 (all bullets just connect.)

Of course, on critical, I get massive damage bonus. With Slayer, I get an extra 25% plus double damage, so 225%.

192 x 2.25 = 432 a shot.

432 x 76 = 32832. (Drilling a clip into a boss's head or something.)

And this is without the class modification I personally have, which adds 56% SMG damage and without any partner buffs.

Incredibly low accuracy (30%ish) makes this more like a shotgun. Average reload time. Fire rate is 12.5, which is the best I've seen (but can be a little better.) But man, it packs a punch...especially with the class mod. Well, maybe more than a punch. More like being hit by a truck. Plus, Sirens can hit and run if the player and opponent start exchanging damage at close range.

----------------------

Oh yes, and the Nidhogg (while really awesome) is really impractical but has a really high potential damage for a rocket.

The beauty about it, you probably will never see that gun ever again. 6 billion guns no joke, I've come across tuns of rare stuff like that, and 80% of the time its different each time.

Yeah, you're right. I've found a lot of Double Anarchies, but they always seem to be lacking in some way...damage, fire rate, whatever. But yep, best gun. Drill a clip in someone's face and they're gone for most part. It is the equivalent of Castle Crasher's gear magic. Anarchies shoot out so many freaking bullets that on weaker enemies, you can effectively use the gun at sniper range. :D

Keep in mind you may overlook this gun. It is PURPLE and not ORANGE.

Just watched the trailer-it's nice to see borderlands still getting the love it deserves from Gearbox-great game already but a rebalance would do wonders for replay value, not to mention extra high level content. it's exactly the sort of direction I hoped they take borderlands in, let alone the fact that we'll finaly, FINALY get to fight ninja claptrap.