Borderlands players - Role-call

Dark0ne

Hey everyone if you want some free loot mania runs in General Knoxx contact me as scott60gbuser. please read spoiler if you want in...

Here is what i a m talking about, works for every lev char, even single player, its a secret entrance to General Knoxx's Armoury. Not giving out much detail other then this Youtube video.

You can find some pretty amazing guns in that armoury with infinite time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-uf3MFsFNU&feature=player_embedded

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that. A lot. Got my Double Anarchy before that though. Ended up finding a lotta Volcanoes so I just farmed Crawmerax instead. You'll likely find some Pearlescents too. Finally got an Orion that way.

If anyone does what Thor suggests, watch out...you can screw over the rest of your DLC experience if you aren't careful and don't know how to fix it.

You can't screw up the dlc, its just a weapons rush. In fact you can complete the general knoxx if you continue walking past the secret Entrance

The doors always Open :thumbsup: Tested by me

You can't screw up the dlc, its just a weapons rush. In fact you can complete the general knoxx if you continue walking past the secret Entrance

The doors always Open :thumbsup:

Yes you can, and it relates to the sidequests that allow one to go back to loot the armory. It will check off the "steal crap" part of the quest but you can never "escape" if you glitch. When you try to go back you can never finish the quest as the door closes upon entry...glitched or not. Unless Gearbox patched it somehow, another player must do the quest with the glitched player so they can both "escape."

It happened to me and I had to go through a lot to unglitch myself. It became pretty infamous after the DLC just came out. If you mess up you can never complete all the quests in the DLC.

Even if Gearbox patched this glitch entirely, one can uninstall game patches and play offline to do the glitch. It is good for getting guns, but just need to make sure to know what to do.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=97997

Regardless, you can unpatch and screw up lol...but yeah, test that if you can. I don't have the game with me...my copy is only some thousands of miles across the ocean away from me. :P I'd think that if the problem with the glitch was fixed, the glitch would be fixed as well. More information would be nice; I would like to know.

As long as Crawmerax is still an idiot, everyone gets easy weapons.

Borderlands addict checking in. It's my favorite game right behind (and not very far behind) Oblivion.

I've played around eight or nine characters in it so far, most of them abortive attempts that I gave up on. My favorite of the bunch is my 48th level Siren, but I love the Hunter and to a lesser extent the Soldier. I haven't played Brick, yet -- just not my style. I have all the mods except for "Claptrap's New Robot Revolution". I haven't played Underdome, yet, because my computer lags too much there, and I haven't finished Knoxx because I'm still farming the Armory -- not that I've found anything particularly useful, there, yet.

My Siren is quite happy with her current arsenal of one of the best Hellfire SMGs I've ever seen the game cough up, a Volcano with a really nice sight, a Firehawk with decent damage (for a Firehawk), a Pestilent Crux (which a zombie on Zombie Island dropped -- go figure), and a Pestilent Defiler that will drop General Knox in six to eight shots. Throw in a really good health regenerating shield and a first class Firefly mod, and what more could a girl want? Did I mention I love Maliwan weapons? And, I might add ... nothing modded, although I went that route for awhile, too, with a different character. It's scary crazy what you can build with Willow Tree, although I have all the patches installed so I never had a chance to actually mix and match manufacturer parts like some players who have weapons that can one-shot Crawmerax.

... like some players who have weapons that can one-shot Crawmerax.

Skullmasher + too much crit in character build = awesome

Also, from what I remember, Knoxx doesn't take elemental damage. And I don't know how you can do that much damage to Knoxx with bullets alone since at most you'll be doing around 1200 a hit. Unless you have modded guns. It'll take several anarchy clips to take him down for me if all shots go to the head with the SMG class mod.

Nope ... my Pestilent Defiler is totally legit, as is the rest of that character's weapons, shields, and mods. Knoxx is vulnerable to both fire and corrosive damage, at the very least, but like most bosses elemental damage has greatly reduced effect. However, the game still treats him as a Devastator, which is susceptible to corrosive damage, particularly. I don't think you get the DoT with him like you would a regular Devastator, but I have seen corrosive damage numbers and he doesn't go down as rapidly with a non-elemental revolver that has similar damage to my Pestilent Defiler. Also, keep in mind that every shot I get on him is a crit, which is doing massive damage all on its own, as well as throwing off his own attacks, just like with any Devastator. I've never tried to phase blast him because he has a devastating jump attack, and that character doesn't have a really good shock-based weapon.

I just empty the magazine into his face, which is his only unarmored part, reload and start firing again. You can do the same thing using a weapon that does less damage but dishes out more rounds. I took him out, once, with a SMG -- not my Hellfire, since the other one did more raw damage and I wasn't noticing much in the way of fire damage with him. As soon as he goes down I make a beeline for the Armory. Basically, I just ignore everything else. He goes down fast enough that his medics can't spawn and heal him up. This has been my tactic with Knoxx ever since my first disastrous fight when I played my usual conservative self and tried to stay behind cover and snipe him. That so did not work!