Game crashes when fast travel

kammi

i have severeal grafic mods installed ( Megaton Max resolution pack, Rivet City Max Resolution, NeilMc Terrain Pack & the Rocks addon pack, Shinier Roads patch, Fallout3 High Definition Pack V1.00 <--- seems to be a compilation )

im using archiveinvalidation invalidated.

the game crashes randomly (but very often) when i use the fast travel option. i have tried to turn of the autosave function but it didnt work

my system:

System: Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3

CPU: E6750 @ 2.66 GHz

3,5 GB RAM ( normally 4 but xp cannot use all)

grafic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (896MB)

thx for the help and sry for my english

no i have only deactivated the archiveinvalidation invalidated program, so all graficmods were disabled. all the new textures are in the data/textures folder and i actually dont know exactly which texture belongs to which mod anymore.

oh and i dont know if this is important. i have the latest fallout update und my grafic card drivers are up to date too.... i just updated them but it didnt solve the problem

ok seems to be solved by now. i head no freezez while fast traveling for a while. what i ve done:

i started moving the texture folders one by one outside the data folder ( as mentioned by fredyzg) to see what texture makes my pc crash. when i ve moved out the landscape folder the game works, so it should be one of the new landscape textures. to find out what texture is causing the problem i will move in the textures one by one untill the game crashes again. but ill do this after work and then post what i ve found

i was able to filter the 2 files that causes the problem.... its the "rockcanyoncluster01.dds" and the "rockcanyoncluster01_n.dds" from the "rocks addon terrain pack" by mcneil. but the rockcanyonclusterfile from the regular terrain pack works.

Sound like the old "Overwhelm My Graphics Card" problem lol ... Also, you might want to give the Fallout Configurator utility a try. It let's you tweak a lot of settings (and save them) without going directly into the .ini file -- which can be a bit daunting.

There are also tweak guides out there for optimizing your Fallout3.ini file. Either edit by hand or use Configurator.

Hope this helps.