Bind Console Command to Key

jimielion

Well, here is a request for all you geeks (and I salute you) to dig into: Can you bind one particular console command to one particular key; example:

Console Command: "TM" (Toggle Menus; Toggle Hud) = Bind to key (on keyboard): "M"

Many thanks for anyone daring enough to figure this out for me / Jimi

From my understanding, that functionality isn't available from the console. There might be a way to do it in the .ini. Trying to remember if Oblivion/Fallout3 had a section for key bindings or if I'm thinking of something else.

To do it through scripting, you'll need FOSE (Fallout Script Extender). The standard scripting stuff won't do it.

The console is very powerful and often blocked. There are quite a few console functions added in FOSE, but not all...

You could however, use assign a key to put disableplayercontrols on for a few seconds if you just want to have it just for a moment, like a screenshot. But that does nail you to the ground....

Oblivion had it (Con_ToggleMenus), but I guess they haven't implemented in FOSE. (yet)

Hmm... Well. I've been looking around and so far no luck with this. Have sent some e-mail to various people (FOSE guys etc.). Oh well. Luckily there are mods for making the hud smaller at least; until this matter is cleared. 8)

Gonna keep trying, though.

• 10 years later...
Well, here is a request for all you geeks (and I salute you) to dig into: Can you bind one particular console command to one particular key; example:

Console Command: "TM" (Toggle Menus; Toggle Hud) = Bind to key (on keyboard): "M"

Was this ever possible?

Edited by seppesusi