Weapon Racks

mort82

Hi there,

I have a very small request for a working weapon rack, something like the bobblehead display unit but for guns (you open the inventory, drop the weapon in, and then close the inventory and the weapon world model or whatever appears in the rack).

Something like these;

I know that display cases already exist, but they're a bit too fancy for me, and the game is lacking in utalitarian weapon storage lol

(as a side note, the racks would look great not just in my megaton home but also in the various armouries around the wasteland).

Consider the request seconded. Mannequins are all well and good, but I tend to collect more guns than armor, and mannequins take up more space than a rack would.

As an addendum I'd love such a rack to be included in a Megaton house mod that changes the bookshelf and/or the iron racks in the "kitchen" to gunracks. :D Or maybe one of the locker sets.. (in the default theme, that is)

Or detailed instructions on how to do this myself, given the rack mod.

Aye, the mannequins don't work to well for putting in your portable tent or in the limited space of the megaton house. I have taken it upon myself to mod my megaton house with a new room and put in some of the display cases, but it's just to fancy, I want to be able to have one rack in the "living room" of the house, which I can chuck a few guns on for "display" (same with the tent), that and I'd like to pretend that i'm dashing into my tent to grab my hunting rifle when a pack of vicious dogs comes charging at me (or a robot...).

Hm...that wouldn't actually be too difficult! If an an activator is made of each weapon exisiting weapon, a duplicate could be put in any static/weaponrack upon activating the weaponrack they could be added and to pick them off you could simply activate the weapon.

...is #004 at your house :happy:?

If someone could create the rack as #004 (A medium/same version and a small version) as they are easy to put different on, then I'll create the scripts..

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9592

It looks like this mod has basically what I was requesting for all the default weapons. It'd be nice if he could release the "weapon wall" as a seperate mod from the vault, and possibly include instructions for expanding the displayable weapons >.< (i play with FOOK2 plus a few other weapons I added myself).