Cakester's Multiplayer Fallout 3 Project

Cakester

Ok well i talked to my guy and he said he will let you borrow a server for a week. These servers are nothing below competition value if you have steam PM me so i can add you and we can talk to him.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good and all, but,

- Will you make friendly npcs unkillable..? That's stupid if you do. But you can't let people get all friendly npcs killed the first day the server is up.

In my opinion, mini-servers would have been better. But i suppose now that you're started, you should finish it this way.

Split-screen would be very cool.

Me and Ecksile and maybe 1 other person will be doing a test together soon. I don't know about them, but I will be recording a video of it. In the video you should be able to fully comprehend what is going on.

Also not too long ago i put up a video that show that armor works now.

Weapons and armor at the moment are randomly given to you when you connect to the server. They are equipped automatically. You should be able to change your armor and weapons too. But the change won't show until you equip something.

So if you unequip a 10mm pistol. It will still be equipped on other people's screens until you equip a new weapon. This is not how I want it to be, but for the sake of simplicity I haven't added scripting/code for fully supporting swapping out your items.

In total there are 6 or 7 armors supported, and 13 weapons. Later on I will add more items, but I want to test things a step at a time.