2 General Questions

Dullahan

Hello all, two quick questions for you guys..

1. How would one create a potion or enchant an object? That is one of the reasons i am looking forward to Oblivion :) Because i spent like a day eating herbs and such, and got my alchemy skill surpassing 100.. but i was wondering how to make potions, cause it says to combine the ingredients.. I try to click on one, and move it on another, yet it would nt join, it remains seperated.. Same with Enchanting..

(Also, how do you trap a creature in a soul gem?)

2nd question is:

There is a grotto under Seyda Neen, where you will find a drowned body, i believe.. Where exactly is the drowned body? I have never been able to find it heh..

Cheers in advance! :)

Erm - do you have the book that comes with MW ot GOTY? It gives info on the making of potions. To do so you need alchemical apparatus. The more pieces you have (of the four), the higher the quality of the equipment and the level of your alchemy skill will be relevant. To begin, equip the piece of alchemical apparatus you wish to use.

Enchanting yourself is a little more hit and miss IMO, especially for very high level enchantments. Best to take the object you want enchanted and a filled soul gem to an enchanter. It is expensive but you don't get failures. There is a recent thread on how to trap souls so please use the search button.

There is no cave under Seyda Neen. I assume you mean the one near the Silt Strider, Addamasartus. A proper investigation will get you a magic ring, a rising force potion and a few other bits and pieces. To find the skeleton (not sure it has much on it though) take the stairs to the bottom dive into the water and under the rock that blocks the way. IIRC you get a sabre, a fishing pole, a basket and a couple of coins. There is also a chest on a rock above the surface but the contents (random) are uninteresting.

Moving to spoilers.

Erm - do you have the book that comes with MW ot GOTY? It gives info on the making of potions. To do so you need alchemical apparatus. The more pieces you have (of the four), the higher the quality of the equipment and the level of your alchemy skill will be relevant. To begin, equip the piece of alchemical apparatus you wish to use.

Enchanting yourself is a little more hit and miss IMO, especially for very high level enchantments. Best to take the object you want enchanted and a filled soul gem to an enchanter. It is expensive but you don't get failures. There is a recent thread on how to trap souls so please use the search button.

There is no cave under Seyda Neen. I assume you mean the one near the Silt Strider, Addamasartus. A proper investigation will get you a magic ring, a rising force potion and a few other bits and pieces. To find the skeleton (not sure it has much on it though) take the stairs to the bottom dive into the water and under the rock that blocks the way. IIRC you get a sabre, a fishing pole, a basket and a couple of coins. There is also a chest on a rock above the surface but the contents (random) are uninteresting.

Moving to spoilers.

Hmm.. GoTY? Yes, i do have the book. But it mentioned nae a thing about alchemical apparatuses.

Thanks for the info.

And i meant Grotto, it is underwater, across from the Shrine nearest Seyda Neen, on the island.

GOTY book - Page 36 after the pic under apparatus 'To make a potion you must equip the apparatus you want to use.' Not completely clear I agree but it is there. Enchanting is page 35.

Nimawia Grotto is WNW of Seyda Neen and Akimaes is SE - I don't know which you mean. I don't think either has anything exciting. To find precisely where they are google 'Morrowind Map'.

GOTY book - Page 36 after the pic under apparatus 'To make a potion you must equip the apparatus you want to use.' Not completely clear I agree but it is there. Enchanting is page 35.

Nimawia Grotto is WNW of Seyda Neen and Akimaes is SE - I don't know which you mean. I don't think either has anything exciting. To find precisely where they are google 'Morrowind Map'.

Nimawia is what i mean. It has a "drowned body with enough loot to make it a worthwile swim for a starting player."

Here is a link to the best Morrowind alchemy site I've ever found.

http://morrowind.melian.cc/

Go upstairs in the tower of the Caldera Mages for a good (and free) full set of alchemy apparatus.

Cool!!! Thanks a lot you guys!!

Archived