Left 4 Dead 2 (Demo)

Monolithic0117

Opinions  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the demo?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't tried it/don't care
  2. 2. Will you get Left 4 Dead 2 when it comes out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know yet

This topic is for discussion of Left 4 Dead 2.

The demo was released on Steam recently, and people who pre-ordered Left 4 Dead 2 got early access to it. It contained two levels from the first campaign, The Parish. So did you like the demo? What did you not like about it?

The graphics seem to be improved from the first game, and the new daylight environments are quite nice. The Source engine is starting to show its age, however.

The expanded arsenal is what I really liked, as the first game didn't possess a very wide choice of firearms.

The new characters seem to be adequate, but there isn't really enough info about them for me to establish my opinion yet. My current favorite would be Nick.

The new Infected are also adequate. I didn't really like the concept of the Jockey, and the Charger seems to be a weaker version of the Tank. But the other new Infected I was satisfied with.

I didn't like the melee weapon system, as the melee weapons are able to kill most common Infected in a single hit. This seems to defeat the purpose of the guns! I also didn't like the fact that you could sever limbs or heads with a guitar or frying pan, which makes no sense.

It would have been nice to be able to experience one or two of the other modes, but oh well.

I myself was quite satisfied with the demo. It whetted my appetite, and will probably satisfy me until Left 4 Dead 2 comes out, Nov. 17.

The baseball bat pre-order extra is an adequate bonus, although it doesn't seem to differ from other melee weapons.

EDIT: The poll choices seem to be a bit wonky. My previous changes have been overridden.

EDIT: Fixed.

Loved the demo. Just finished playing it!

It really is based on Co-operative play. It's kinda weird how there just so happens to be a shogun, medkits and smgs right at the start, where you get off the boat... But it's just a game.

EDIT: You just updated your first post.

I didn't really like the jockey, kinda pintless to add them. I do like the melee weapons though. While they do almost always kill with one hit, it requires you to get up close and personal. I don't like how pistols have infinite ammo, once you find the magnum, you may as well just use it and ignore everything else. You also get WAY too much ammo when you pick up a weapon, which IMO takes away the "survivor" element.

I did like the demo though. Though the bit where you have to turn off the alarm confused the hell outta me.

I do like the melee weapons though. While they do almost always kill with one hit, it requires you to get up close and personal.

If you do it right, it's actually possible to defeat most of a horde with a melee weapon without taking any (or very few) hits. The trick is to not getting yourself surrounded and not allowing the Infected to press up against you.

See, thts another thing I didn't like. The way the infected press up to you and you can't move anywhere. While you can shoot or press rmb, when you're panicking it's quite hard. I also kept forgetting to heal, so I died like twice.

Oh, I havent played the "online co-op" yet, is it actually online? Wit oter people playing the demo?

Oh, I havent played the "online co-op" yet, is it actually online? Wit oter people playing the demo?

If you haven't played the online co-op yet, then you are missing out on the meat & potatoes of Left 4 Dead 2. Once you've played online a few times, you won't want to play offline again.

Yeah I played it a few times. I think the game is too bright and the colors are too strong, and not dark and creepy enough like the first game, and the melee weapons are a bit over powered. I like that there is alot more weapons, like the Scar :D

The some new effects are nice though, like that body parts from zombies fly when you throw a pipe bomb.

I'm a bit disappointed in the graphics, which don't seen to have improved much, but it was fun, so I'm gonna buy it. :D

I noticed that the witch is also walking around now too.

Argh, the people online in the demo are... bad people. We were doing it on expert, and we were doing well. Then out of nowhere this guy on our team kills us, takes our guns and then leaves the game.

Argh, the people online in the demo are... bad people. We were doing it on expert, and we were doing well. Then out of nowhere this guy on our team kills us, takes our guns and then leaves the game.

Yeah, jerks in online games are a fact of life. You can take a vote to kick the player, though. That's a nice feature.