Faces of War

antonkr

Colonel Westrex. USMC. Commander of reinforcment operation

September 21

The first time i got into a marine corps and I just knew that it is what i am going to do for my life. To defend my country.

I am very pleased that I planned this operation. Right now everything can go wrong

Corporal Lancaster USMC Force Recon team leader

September 21

I am more then glad to be here. All of my men on my fire team are ready for this. Even know I did this hundreds of times, I am still affraid. I am affraid, that one of us, eather

me or one of my guys, can die here. Its just... kinda... I always feel that way before operation starts. In 2 hours, we will be on our way, on our way , helping those guys

who helped us. Wish us good luck.

Corporal Fareg USMC. Pilot of crashed MV-22

Date Unknown

I can't belive i got into this. I can't belive because of my fault 20 of our guys are dead. I don't know what to do now. I don't even know where i am. I don't know what happend

whether I crashed or they shot me down but they are all dead, and if I don't get out of this, it would be my fault of my death. My leg is hurt but i have no time to worry about it now,

i just want to see somebody in Marine Corp uniform alive.

Fighter third class Asatar. Defence Force guerilla organization.

September 19

Its just a funny feeling that something will go wrong. Even know we became allies with Americans, I still never feel safe. Compared to those guys we have worst equipment ever.

We captured one of agressors tanks, but noone here knows how to use it. But we are not just a few civilians with guns, we are the first line of defence in here and apperently last one

We had attacks coming from all directions. All of them... we won, but with a great casulties. We won't stand another attack. I just know it. Why won't those Americans finally send

us reinforcments. We are not just protecting some village, we are protecting a capitall city. If Americans won't show up... we are dead.

Civilian name unknown

September 10

Its the worst place to be on the war. Being a civilian. More regular people died on this war then soldiers. The worst part we can't do anything about it. Its just the way it is.

Civilian police officer, name unknown

September 15

Maybe its the hardest job in the world to be policeman on the war. They say that there are no laws when country is in war, and they are a basicly right. Its almost impossible

to keep the law while this things are going on.

Private Cheran Agressors army

September 10

I don't know what my team lead is doing. Trying to assault point C is a suicide. That guy is psychoo, but nobody dares to protest him or tell him that it is a stupid idea. Its impossible

to get there. This war is worst idea ever. I just hope we will get out of this s*** soon.

---------------

September 22

Operation is going the way we planned. Two force recon squads are going into a city to help protect it. The only thing that can go wrong, is if the guerilla guys will confuse them

with enemy. We have translators in both squads, but still... hope they like us

/

September 23

Today we got into the city. Suprisingly guerillas were friendly. Even know those guys are not soldiers, it is a big pleasure to fight on their side. Those guys know alot tactics

about protecting the city. So far we are just doing what we are told to.

September 23

Finally American troops arrived. It was the best news i heard all day or maybe all month. Those guys got here in the right time. Now we are expecting more attacks coming in.

Those guys are good fighters, but they have no idea about how to protect a city, and they understand that. Lets just hope this will be over soon.

Civilian name unknown

September 17

Those... Those bastards. They took my children away. All they want is blood. I killed one of them with a knife, but it is not enough. I am going to go out there and kill as many

of them as i can. This is probably my last diary entery.

September 17

We had few agressor troops coming into here. They took many people away. One of my guys try to protest. He started shooting troops. He got killed. I knew this guy for 15

years. It was just impossible to see him die and see those soldiers laugh.

September 17

We entered the small village. Our soldiers took some of the civilians and killed them. I can't stand this anymore.

---------

September 24

Our guys are having extreme casulties. We lost half of our troops. We are going to send a reiforcment squad there, hopefully that will help them out.

September 24

We are reciving heavy casulties. My force recon team is down and i am the only person to survive. There more and more of them coming. We can't stand the casulties anymore

September 25

City is almost completly taken over. Almost all Americans are dead or wounded. We are getting out of here. We can stand the pressure anymore

Civilian name unknown

September 23

"Killed by agressors in attemp to resque prisoners"

September 25

I can't stand all blood anymore. We pledged to defend the citizens but we can't do anything at all. Its a terrible feeling. I hate it.

September 21

Our team leader got totall crazy. He shoots every civilian he sees. Its impossible to watch it. I hope that wasn't the reason we attacked them.

------

September 26

We cannot defend the city anymore almost all of the guys are dead. I can't belive we made such a cruel miscalucalation. That is all my fault. I can't belive this.

September 26

I am hit in the leg and I cannot go anywhere. I am almost out of food and ammo. All of guerillas escaped or are dead I can't stand this anymore. When are they going to pick

me up! The only thing i have now is a flare which I am going to use now.

September 26

All of my guys are dead. I am running away from here. I can't belive this. Its just impossible. I wish I was dead now. WAIT oh my god, I see flare, I hope there somebody

alive there.

September 26

They have came here. All they are doing is killing innocent people. We can't just stand here and wait untill they kill everyone, we have to do

something about it.

September 26

My fireteam lead is dead. Finally. Everyone voted for me to be the new team lead. We are out of food and water. Now its not about how many you kill, its about how many

of us will survive. We only have 3 people but its good enough. We are now walking through the big city. I see a red flare. Hopefully its something good.

Corporal Fareg USMC. Pilot of crashed MV-22

September 26

Agressors took me as a prisoner. They are all laughing at me. I think i will be dead in few hours. But I think that is what I deserve.

------------

September 27

We still cannot make any comunication with them. I cannot belive it!. I basicly killed the whole fire team!!!

September 26

Its one of USMC guys. He's badly wounded. I can sure help him out, but we won't be able to stay here for long anymore. We need to get out of here and fast. The whole place is dead

September 26

One of guerillas is helping me out. I sended mayday by radio. I better hope they send us some reinforcment. I see some people over. DAMN those are agressors.

September 26

Maybe we would have ripped each other if we had weapons, but we didn't have ammo. We all decided to keep together.

-----------

September 28

We finally found them. We are sending helos there as soon as possible, hopefully they are still alive.

September 28

They finally sent us some reiforcment and the helos are picking us up, But I am not going anywhere without the guys who helped me. I can't just leave them there.

September 28

Americans have some helos there. They picked us up. Why can't we all just die already!! I am tired of pain. Hopefully they will help us.

September 26

American helicopter is here. Lancast, and pilots are arguing about something. I don't think they will take me with them.

---------

Colonel Westrex comitted suicide after hearing the number of troops lost

Corporal Lancaster lost both of his legs but survived and got a medal.

Fighter third class Asatar. Is considered a hero in his country now.

Private Cheran was in the military court but was then considered innocent

Civilian police officer died after getting in the battle between agressors and civilians

Corporal Fareg was killed by agressor troops.

After the accident, all three nations declared peace because the price of the war was too high.

The end

made by Antonkr.

Special thanks to BBen46 for information about US Marine units.

These already seem intresting characters and you are already getting a wide view point with who and what they are i will be intrested to see what will happen to and with them. I hope that it will work well and that you get a result you as the writer are happy with. :thumbsup:

Ok man, you know me, I just speak my mind,

This is how I see you story:

1- Nice swinging in time (hope you can continue with out mistakes).

2- Easy expression which is great for a foreigner like myself.

3- Damnn good imagination to look from diffrent angles.

(Are you happy ?? :rolleyes: )

4- A lots of typos which disconcert me from the story flow

5- Some lines felt incomplete, maybe you meant it like that, but I did not like it.

the story is a good start, it have a nice ... rhythm, so keep it up (if you can :P )

Ahmad Awad,

September 22

Operation is going the way we planned. Two force recon squads are going into a city to help protect it. The only thing that can go wrong, is if the guerilla guys will confuse them

with enemy. We have translators in both squads, but still... hope they like us

September 23

Today we got into the city. Suprisingly guerillas were friendly. Even know those guys are not soldiers, it is a big pleasure to fight on their side. Those guys know alot tactics

about protecting the city. So far we are just doing what we are told to.

September 23

Finally American troops arrived. It was the best news i heard all day or maybe all month. Those guys got here in the right time. Now we are expecting more attacks coming in.

Those guys are good fighters, but they have no idea about how to protect a city, and they understand that. Lets just hope this will be over soon.

Civilian name unknown

September 17

Those... Those bastards. They took my children away. All they want is blood. I killed one of them with a knife, but it is not enough. I am going to go out there and kill as many

of them as i can. This is probably my last diary entery.

Maybe its the hardest job in the world to be policeman on the war. They say that there are no laws when country is in war, and they are a basicly right. Its almost impossible

to keep the law while this things are going on.

September 17

We had few agressor troops coming into here. They took many people away. One of my guys try to protest. He started shooting troops. He got killed. I knew this guy for 15

years. It was just impossible to see him die and see those soldiers laugh.

September 17

We entered the small village. Our soldiers took some of the civilians and killed them. I can't stand this anymore.

---

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...