What was the first mod you downloaded?

Deleted54170User

My first mod download?

When I first discovered the Nexus and FileFront sites I DLed around 16 GBs of mods for Morrowind. I still haven't sorted through them all yet.

The first one I remember installing and enjoying, though, was Better Bodies.

Ooooh! I just remembered that I once had a CD with tons of fan created maps for the original DOOM. Just thinking of that makes me feel... http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4497/oldt.gif

I'm still downloading and playing these as if they're brand-new (and to me many of them are).

You're only as old as you feel! :biggrin:

Heh... True true. It seems like a few lifetimes ago though. :wacko: :wink:

oh boy, let me remember here...haha it was Actors In Charge :biggrin: I remember "Wow, that's cool"...then it all went to downloading frenzy after that....now I'm up to 124 mods and high resolution texture packs :P

Not sure if the term "download" applies in this case, but first mods I ever used were for Doom 2. As you can imagine, that was a very long time ago, so don't remember if the first one I tried was just a new level or a sound replacement mod (was kinda epic for that time, sound clips from Terminator 2, Army of the Dead, and the like). Back then, addons would be distributed in CDs with magazines like PCgamer, or be sold in large collections. Apparently, there wasn't much restraint on what could and could not be repackaged and distributed. First actual "downloaded" mod I used was for quake, playing the original TF and custom TF.

Similarly, the first mods I made were for Doom 2, Heretic, and Duke 3d. A set of maps I made for Duke 3d for online play were downright awesome, full of tricks, traps, and environments that worked well with pvp play. But the files for these have been lost to the ages. Oddly enough, the engines used for those games seemed to allow much more variation and originality than modern games.