I'm so sick of the 2012 lies >_>.

Strangeman

Hey, I have seen all the 2012 theories, and it's getting dull. I mean, there is no end of the world at 2012, I know it has alot of supporters, and it will feel great to renentlessly mock them at the year of 2013. But point is that I don't wanna face more people trying to scare me with "Oooooooh... The world will end sooooOooooon..." so I kinda made this website dedicated to the fact that 2012 is a big hoax and a marketing scheme. I am not advertising about it or anything, it's 100% non-profit and you can't sign up or anything. But just like I've seen so many people link media about how 2012 is real and will happen, I wanna link this compile I made of how it won't happen, so enjoy:

http://2012-countdown.webs.com/

I had to use .webs as a host since I bash alot of the big 2012-merchandise companies, and I could get a lawsuit if they could track me down. This isn't meant to be a debate (IE: You can still discuss with eachother, but I am not really likely to participate.) or anything, I just hope to relive some people's fears about 2012, because the world won't end anytime soon >_<.

To the moderators:

I am still very new to this forum, so if this is against the rules or anything, than just remove it and please forgive me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you, you escaped the dopey gene handout. I don't think that many rational folks are taking the 2012 phenomenon seriously. As with all portents and predictions something might happen. Which proves nothing, there is a mathematical predictability of chance. I'm confidant the world will go on as usual.

Maybe it will signify the end of the world's dependence on fossil fuel. Queue Twilight Zone music.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT 2012!!! WE NEED TO STOCKPILE ON WEAPONS AND FIND AN ABANDONED 1960's NUKE SILO TO HIDE IN AFTER THE SOLAR FLARES HIT AND CAUSE THE SUPERVOLCANOES TO EXPLODE!

I'm kidding, and I'm also tired of the constant 2012 theories. Y2K only affected third-world countries and the cold war didn't end in thermonuclear war so I think 2012 will at most signify something, like what myrmaad said about fossil fuels, and nothing more. I plan on living to see December 22, 2012.

At least the movie looks a bit of promising. (maybe)

But it's sad that the proofs that "2012 ISN'T doomsday" just so small. Just search in google. I'll bet there's more proof of doomsday than proof of no-doomsday.

But I'm asking . . . "Does anyone here think 2012 is doomsday ? Just checking." (post if you do)

But it's sad that the proofs that "2012 ISN'T doomsday" just so small. Just search in google. I'll bet there's more proof of doomsday than proof of no-doomsday.

But I'm asking . . . "Does anyone here think 2012 is doomsday ? Just checking." (post if you do)

I won't get into a discussion or anything, but I shall make this simple:

The reason why there are more "proof" of doomsday is because you don't earn alot of money saying "The end is not near!", since nobody would really pay just to hear the obvious, and without money, there is little marketing for it. So it's alot easier to find the advertised "proof" than the real proof, because nobody would pay to hear on how to survive the not-so-very-end.

Simple, eh?

I really think the movie looks great. But there's no proof on the internet because you don't disprove myths. These prognostications are based on mythology. Let's use logic.

First and foremost the very prophesies are themselves misunderstood.

Did you hear the song from the sixties about The AGE of Aquarius?

Well if you understand that song referred to an ASTROLOGICAL CYCLE which is an astronomical cycle imbued with some divinity/mythology by the greeks and arabs who studied astronomy a thousand years ago and more. Some of those who wrote about it were Ptolemy and Al-Biruni , and these guys were great mathematicians but they were really into Symbolism and that's where prophesies come into play.

This mythic-symbolism-infused style of studying and observing the celestial mechanics was not just limited to the egyptians, babylonians, hellenists, and medieval folks but evolved all over the world in China and Peru and of course the in the Mayans civilization as well. In their version it was practiced as part of their religion.

At any rate the long and short of it, is that the idea that they prophesied the end of the world is actually fallacious, and based on mistranslation. They merely say that the "this is a time of transition from one World Age into another."

Just like the "Age Of Aquarius." I didn't even notice the age of Aquarius, I think it came and went, and was never even a blip on the screen.