The Growing Scourge

Harabec Weathers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people would boycott more. I don't buy any game from EA...so yeah I won't ever be getting Dragon Age :P

Dragon Age is a great game, sadly EA are doing what they've done with The Sims. It's not as if you can ignore the DLC either, they've put a saleman in your camp. :verymad:

if you wait long enoughthe price comes down.I just bought all the dlc's for fallout 3 and got them at a fraction of their original price,new and sealed.

But I too agree,money is the driving force behind it and all things.Its an unfortunate fact of the gaming industry and life.

Will it change soon;probably not.I just bought Dragon Age,its a great game,will I purchase the DLC...hard to say,depends on a lot of things for me.money,my continues interest in the game and the mood I'm in.

I wish people would boycott more. I don't buy any game from EA...so yeah I won't ever be getting Dragon Age :P

Dragon Age is a great game, sadly EA are doing what they've done with The Sims. It's not as if you can ignore the DLC either, they've put a saleman in your camp. :verymad:

haha well EA doesn't get my business ever, no matter how good the game is. They got me with Mass Effect, and boy that was a waste of $10.... just really didn't like how the game was put out...I don't want to play a movie, I want to play a game. Dragon Age looks like the same exact thing. Plus, EA has always been the biggest jerkwad of a company forever now it seems...

Really, I think this DLC craze is a sad attempt at combating piracy. "HA! I got an idea...let's make DLCs so you have to activate your single player game online to get them...and we'll charge for them! That'll stop the pirates!" :P How wrong they are..."where there's a will, there's a way" I say that just makes the pirates want to pirate it more haha...

haha well EA doesn't get my business ever, no matter how good the game is. They got me with Mass Effect, and boy that was a waste of $10.... just really didn't like how the game was put out...I don't want to play a movie, I want to play a game. Dragon Age looks like the same exact thing. Plus, EA has always been the biggest jerkwad of a company forever now it seems...

Really, I think this DLC craze is a sad attempt at combating piracy. "HA! I got an idea...let's make DLCs so you have to activate your single player game online to get them...and we'll charge for them! That'll stop the pirates!" :P How wrong they are..."where there's a will, there's a way" I say that just makes the pirates want to pirate it more haha...

Like all anti piracy measures it only affects those who paid, the thieves are never bothered with all the crap the rest of us put up with. I don't know any other industry that treats its paying customers as bad as the games industry does.

Like all anti piracy measures it only affects those who paid, the thieves are never bothered with all the crap the rest of us put up with. I don't know any other industry that treats its paying customers as bad as the games industry does.

One of my favorite anti-piraracy flops is for the PC version of Mass Effect. There is no online play or multiplayer function....yet you CANNOT start the game unless youre connected to the Internet. The game must first verify owner ship as well as periodicly check for ownership with the internet. If the game is running and it cant contact whatever master server it contacts, it freezes the game.

ANother example is Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch King. I have the game BfME2, and bought the expansion pack Rise of the Witch King over the EA store....after having to download their stupid Download Manager. I also cannot play that game unless th download manager can connect to the internet to "verify ownership".

So for people like me who sometimes have NO INTERNET connection, we just screwed over.

I love it hahaha it so awesome. I wonder what wacky things they will think of next.

when I realized that EA was pulling that crap with Mass Effect, that game went into the trash. Atleast I already beat it :rolleyes: easy game really. They are doing it with The Sims 3 too..but I guess that has some kind of "multiplayer" aspect to it? I don't know but that game runs like uber crap on my grandma's computer...and we set her up with a good system...I blame it on the "checking in on you"

They are doing it with The Sims 3 too..but I guess that has some kind of "multiplayer" aspect to it? I don't know but that game runs like uber crap on my grandma's computer...and we set her up with a good system...I blame it on the "checking in on you"

From what I saw of it, it looked like the processing requirements were just extremely high for that game if you went anywhere that had more than a few people in the area. In community lots the game would grind to a near halt as it tried processing everything for the dozen or so actors in that scene. It's almost as if the game has virtually no optimizing, other than graphically (muddy textures galore)... It's like they wrote down all the good things that were possible with Sims 2, and went out of their way to ruin every one of them.

As for multiplayer... not that I saw. The only thing it seemed to connect to the server for was so that you can upload any altered clothing or furniture items and to harass you for being a paying customer. I'm glad I found someone who had the game that I could try it out before I wasted my money on it.

Yeah, I know...something about Maxis games...Sim City 4 is like that too.

I'm not into those games, but my grandma loves them and we're computer tech support for her...so we get to listen to how crap the game is haha. Bugs galore...ah the wonderful world of PC gaming, eh? ;) Bugs, annoying "anti-pirate" software, $6 DLCs, what's next? :P